Daily Current Affairs 13th 14th August 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13th 14th August 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13th 14th August 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13th 14th August 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Krishi Megh Data Recovery Centre
- Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar has launched Krishi Megh Data Recovery Centre of ICAR.
- It has been set up at National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM) in Hyderabad.
- Krishi Megh has been set up under the National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP), funded by both the government and World Bank.
2. Mukhya Mantri Kisan Sahay Yojana
- Gujarat Government has announced Mukhya Mantri Kisan Sahay Yojana for the current Kharif season and all farmers of the state will be covered under this scheme.
- Gujarat: Chief Minister: Vijaybhai R. Rupani || Governor: Acharya Dev Vrat.
3. Swachh Bharat Mission Academy
- Jal Shakti Ministry has launched Swachh Bharat Mission Academy.
- Aim: To promote the capacity building of the key stakeholders such as Swachhagrahis, PRIs members, community-based organizations, NGOs, SHGs etc.
- Minister for Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat.
4. National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for COVID-19
- Member of Niti Aayog Dr V K Paul has chaired the meeting of National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for COVID-19.
- Aim: Procurement mechanisms for COVID-19 vaccine, guiding principles for prioritization of population groups for vaccination,
1. New Prime Minister of Mauritania
- Mohamed Ould Bilal has been appointed as the new Prime Minister of Mauritania.
- Mauritania: Capital: Nouakchott || Currency: Mauritanian ouguiya.
2. New President of Belarus
- Alexander Lukashenko has been appointed as the President of Belarus.
- Belarus: Capital: Minsk || Currency: Belarusian Rouble.
3. New Prime Minister of Sri Lanka
- Mahinda Rajapaksa took oath as Sri Lankan Prime Minister for 4th time.
- Sri Lanka: President: Gotabaya Rajapaksa || Capital: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee.
1. Transparent Taxation – Honoring the Honest
- PM Modi has launched ‘Transparent Taxation – Honoring the Honest’ platform.
- it will strengthen the efforts of reforming and simplifying India’s tax system.
2. Positive Pay feature in Chequea
- RBI has announced to introduce a mechanism of Positive Pay feature for all cheques of value Rs 50000 and above.
- This feature helps to avert cheque frauds such as forged, altered and counterfeit checks.
1. New Brand Ambassador of eBikeGO
- eBikeGO has roped in cricketer Harbhajan Singh as its brand ambassador.
- Harbhajan Singh Plaha, commonly known as Harbhajan or simply Bhajji or Bhajju Pa, is an Indian international cricketer, who plays all forms of the game cricket. A specialist spin bowler, he has the second-highest number of Test wickets by an off spinner, behind Sri Lanka’s Muttiah Muralitharan.
2. Student Entrepreneurship Programme (SEP 2.0)
- Atal Innovation Mission and Dell Technologies has launched Student Entrepreneurship Programme (SEP 2.0).
- The NITI Aayog is a policy think tank of the Government of India, established with the aim to achieve sustainable development goals with cooperative federalism by fostering the involvement of State Governments of India in the economic policy-making process using a bottom-up approach.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Chairperson: Narendra Modi || CEO: Amitabh Kant
3. India@75 Summit – Mission 2022
- Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) has organised ‘India@75 Summit – Mission 2022’.
- It focuses on reinventing technology in India.
1. Book ‘Our Only Home: A Climate Appeal to the World’
- ‘Our Only Home: A Climate Appeal to the World’ has been authored by Dalai Lama along with German environmental journalist Franz Alt.
- The 14th Dalai Lama is the current Dalai Lama. Dalai Lamas are important monks of the Gelug school, the newest school of Tibetan Buddhism, which was formally headed by the Ganden Tripas.
1. Chairman of Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations
- Pramod Bhasin has been appointed as a new Chairman of Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER).
- Established in August 1981, ICRIER is an autonomous, policy-oriented, not-for-profit, economic policy think tank. ICRIER’s main focus is to enhance the knowledge content of policy making by undertaking analytical research that is targeted at informing India’s policy makers and also at improving the interface with the global economy.
2. Chairman of Steel Authority of India
- Soma Mondal has been appointed as the next chairman of Steel Authority of India
- SAIL: Headquarters: New Delhi || SAIL founded: 19 January 1954.
1. World Organ Donation Day
- The World Organ Donation Day is observed on 13th August every year.
- The aim of this day is to motivate normal human beings to pledge to donate organs after death, and to spread awareness about the importance of organ donation.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. MS Swaminathan Award for Environment Protection 2019
- Rotary Club of Madras East has conferred the MS Swaminathan Award for Environment Protection 2019 upon RS Paroda.
- RS Paroda is the Founder Chairman of the Trust for Advancement of Agricultural Sciences (TAAS), New Delhi.
2. Forbes’ Highest-Paid Actors List 2020
- Top Three
- 1. Dwayne Johnson
- 2. Ryan Reynolds
- 3. Mark Wahlberg
- Akshay Kumar at 6th position, is the only Bollywood Actor in Top 10.
1. ICC’s Panel of Umpires
- Indian Umpire KN Ananthapadmanabhan has been included in ICC’s International Panel of Umpires.
- ICC: CEO: Manu Sawhney || Headquarters: Dubai, United Arab Emirates || Chairman: Imran Khwaja (Interim).