Daily Current Affairs 13th 14th July 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13th 14th July 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13th 14th July 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13th 14th July 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Voluntary National Review 2020 Report
- NITI Aayog has presented ‘Voluntary National Review 2020 Report’ at the United Nations High-level Political Forum (HLPF) on Sustainable Development, 2020.
- CEO of NITI Aayog: Amitabh Kant.
2. India’s first e-Lok Adalat
- Government of Chhattisgarh has started India’s first e-Lok Adalat.
- Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh: Bhupesh Baghel || Governor: Anusuiya Uikey.
1. Prime Minister of Singapore
- Lee Hsien Loong has become the Prime Minister of Singapore.
- Singapore, officially the Republic of Singapore, is a sovereign island city-state in maritime Southeast Asia.
1. ‘Corona Kavach’ Insurance Policies
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has allowed the launch of ‘Corona Kavach’ Insurance Policies.
- The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India is an autonomous, statutory body tasked with regulating and promoting the insurance and re-insurance industries in India.
- Founded: 1999 || Sector: Insurance || Headquarters: Hyderabad || Type: Statutory corporation || Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
1. Some Business News Update
- Google in talks to invest $4 Billion in Jio.
- Another $10 Bn investment in India by Google
- Walmart to infuse $1.2 bn in Flipkart
- French electronics brand Thomson to invest Rs 1000 crores
- Qualcomm Ventures acquires 0.15% stake in Jio Platforms
2. India to be third largest economy in 2024
- As per IMF and World Bank projection India will be third largest economy after China and USA in 2024.
- Top Five Economies in 2024
3. Second-largest foreign investor in UK
- India has become the second-largest source of FDI in the United Kingdom.
- A foreign direct investment is an investment in the form of a controlling ownership in a business in one country by an entity based in another country. It is thus distinguished from a foreign portfolio investment by a notion of direct control.
Science and Technology News
1. ATL App Development Module
- NITI Aayog has launched ‘ATL App Development Module’.
- Aim: To sharpen the skills of school students and converting them from App users to App makers in the coming times.
1. Malala Day
- Malala Day is commemorated on July 12, the birthday of Malala Yousafzai, to honour women and children’s rights around the world.
- Malala Yousafzai is a Pakistani activist for female education and the youngest Nobel Prize laureate.
1. Nagindas Sanghavi passes away
- Veteran Gujarati Journalist, Columnist, Writer and Political Analyst Nagindas Sanghvi has passed away.
- Nagindas Sanghavi was an Indian political professor, author and columnist writing in English, Hindi and Gujarati. He received Padma Shri, Indian’s 4th highest civilian honour in 2019.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Dada Saheb Phalke Award 2020 for a short documentary
- Arunachal Pradesh filmmaker Kezang D Thongdok has won the Dada Saheb Phalke Award 2020 for a short documentary ‘Chi Lupo’.
- Chi Lupo means the tradition of honey hunting practiced in Shertukpen community
2. CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2019
- NTPC has been awarded with the prestigious CII-ITC Sustainability Award 2019.
- NTPC Limited, formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited, is an Indian Public Sector Undertaking, engaged in the business of generation of electricity and allied activities. It is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 1956 and is promoted by the Government of India.
1. Interim CEO of BCCI
- Board of Control for Cricket in India has appointed Hemang Amin as its CEO.
- President: Sourav Ganguly || Secretary: Jay Shah || Headquarters: Mumbai
2. Styrian Grand Prix 2020
- Mercedes’s Lewis Hamilton has won the Styrian Grand Prix 2020 in Spielberg, Austria.
- Lewis Hamilton is a British racing driver who races in Formula One for the Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team. A six-time Formula One World Champion, he is widely regarded as one of the greatest drivers in the history of the sport, and considered by some to be the greatest of all time.