Daily Current Affairs 13th 14th November 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13th 14th November 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13th 14th November 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13th 14th November 2020 Current affairs test.
1. Scorpene Submarine Vagir
- Indian Navy has launched 5th Scorpene Submarine ‘Vagir’.
- Chief of Naval Staff: Admiral Karambir Singh
1. World Health Expo
- The 2nd Edition of World Health Expo was inaugurated in Wuhan, China.
- China Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi || President: Xi Jinping.
1. SmartHub Merchant Solutions 3.0
- HDFC Bank has launched the ‘SmartHub Merchant Solutions 3.0’ for SMEs.
- CEO & MD of the HDFC Bank: Sashidhar Jagdishan.
1. Book ‘Majhi Bhint’
- Maharashtra Governor, Bhagat Singh Koshyari has released the book ‘Majhi Bhint'(My Wall).
- The book ‘Majhi Bhint’ is authored by former Maharashtra Minister of Education Rajendra Darda.
Science and Technology News
1. ‘Secha Samadhan’ App
- Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik has launched ‘Secha Samadhan’ App.
- ‘Secha Samadhan’ is a bilingual App, to address the irrigation problems faced by farmers.
1. Chief of Staff to the Acting US Defence Secretary Chris Miller
- Indian-American Kash Patel has been appointed as the Chief of Staff to the Acting US Defence Secretary Chris Miller.
- Kash Patel is currently on the National Security Council staff.
1. World Pneumonia Day
- World Pneumonia Day is observed globally on 12th November.
- Pneumonia is an infection that inflames the air sacs in one or both lungs. The air sacs may fill with fluid or pus (purulent material), causing cough with phlegm or pus, fever, chills, and difficulty breathing. A variety of organisms, including bacteria, viruses and fungi, can cause pneumonia.
2. Public Service Broadcasting Day
- Public Service Broadcasting Day is celebrated on 12 November.
- Aim: To commemorate the first and only visit of the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, to the studio of All India Radio, Delhi in 1947.
3. World Kindness Day
- World Kindness Day is observed globally on 13th November.
- Theme: ‘The World We Make – Inspire Kindness’.
4. World Diabetes Day
- World Diabetes Day is observed on 14th November every year.
- Theme: ‘The Nurse and Diabetes’.
1. Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa passes away
- Bahrain’s long-serving Prime Minister Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa has passed away.
- Bahrain: Capital: Manama || Currency: Bahraini Dinar.
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. National Water Awards (NWAs)
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu has presented the National Water Awards (NWAs) for 2019.
- Top States under the best usage practices in the field of water resources conservation and management and create awareness among the people about the importance of water.
- 1. Tamil Nadu
- 2. Maharashtra
- 3. Rajasthan
1. ITTF Women’s World Cup title
- Chen Meng of China defeated Sun Yingsha to win her maiden International Table Tennis Federation(ITTF) Women’s World Cup table tennis title.