Daily Current Affairs 13th 14th October 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13th 14th October 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13th 14th October 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13th 14th October 2020 Current affairs test.
1. First state to have completely digital classrooms in Govt. Schools
- Kerala has become first state to have completely digital classrooms in government schools.
- The project was implemented by Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) with financial assistance from Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB).
1. Asian Development Bank with Rajasthan Govt
- Asian Development Bank has approved USD 300 million loan for Water Supply and Sanitation (WSS) in Rajasthan.
- Asian Development Bank: President: Masatsugu Asakawa || Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines.
2. ACE Credit Card
- Axis Bank has collaborated with Google Pay, Visa to launch a new ACE Credit card.
- Axis Bank: CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry || Headquarters: Mumbai
1. International Day for Disaster Reduction
- International Day for Disaster Reduction is observed globally on 13th October by United Nations.
- The International Day for Disaster Reduction is an international day that encourages every citizen and government to take part in building more disaster-resilient communities and nations.
2. World Standards Day
- World Standards Day/International Standards Day is celebrated on October 14 each year.
- The day honours the efforts of the thousands of experts who develop voluntary standards within standards development organizations such as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).
- Theme: ‘Protecting the planet with standards’.
3. National Philately Day 2020
- The National Philately Day 2020 was celebrated on 13th October throughout the country.
- The day also marks the collection, appreciation and research activities on stamps and other philatelic products.
Agreements and MoUs
1. Microsoft collaborates with AICTE
- Microsoft has collaborated with AICTE to upskill students, educators in next-gen tech.
- Microsoft: CEO: Satya Nadella || Headquarters: Redmond, Washington
- AICTE: Agency executive: Anil Sahasrabudhe (Chairperson)
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index 2020
- India has been ranked 129 among 158 countries in Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index 2020 by Oxfam.
- The index focuses on Fighting Inequality in the time of COVID-19.
- The Commitment to Reducing Inequality (CRI) Index 2020 is topped by Norway.
- Sudan is the lowest ranking country in the index at 158th position.
2. Earthshot Prize
- Britain’s Prince William and Naturalist David Attenborough have launched ‘Earthshot Prize’.
- Aim: To encourage change and support to repair the planet.
1. NBA Championship
- Los Angeles Lakers has won 17th NBA Championship defeating Miami Heat.
- LeBron James of the Lakers’ was named the NBA Finals Most Valuable Player (MVP).
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,13th 14th October