Daily Current Affairs 13th November 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 13th November 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 13th November 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 13th November 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Record-Breaking Diwali Celebration in Ayodhya with Over 22 Lakh Diyas Lit
- Ayodhya recently achieved a Guinness World Record during its seventh Deepotsav, where an unprecedented number of over 22 lakh earthen lamps were lit simultaneously along the Saryu river. This year’s count surpassed the previous record by 6.47 lakh diyas.
- The event, which involved 25,000 volunteers lighting lamps at Ram Ki Paidi’s 51 ghats, wasn’t just about the lights. It also featured a rich cultural tapestry with performances by artists from 21 Indian states and Ramlila enactments from international troupes, including Russia, Sri Lanka, Singapore, and Nepal.
2. Uttarakhand Poised to Adopt Uniform Civil Code, a First in India
- Uttarakhand is set to make history as the first Indian state to implement the Uniform Civil Code (UCC). This initiative aims to establish a uniform legal framework that promotes equality and fair treatment for all citizens, irrespective of their religion, gender, or sexual orientation.
- While Goa currently operates under a civil code from its Portuguese colonial past, Uttarakhand’s move represents a significant step in legal reform.
- Meanwhile, Kerala has become the first state to officially challenge the adoption of UCC, highlighting the diverse viewpoints on this critical issue.
Important Days News
3. World Kindness Day Celebrated with the Theme “Be Kind Wherever Possible”
- World Kindness Day is celebrated globally on November 13th each year, encouraging and acknowledging acts of kindness worldwide.
- The theme for the 2023 celebration, “Be Kind Wherever Possible,” emphasizes the importance of kindness not just on this day, but as a daily practice in everyone’s life.
4. ICC Inducts Three Legendary Cricketers into the Hall of Fame
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) has recently honored three cricket legends by inducting them into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame.
- The celebrated trio includes Indian powerhouse opener Virender Sehwag, pioneering woman cricketer Diana Edulji, and Sri Lankan cricket icon Aravinda de Silva.
- Their exceptional contributions and lasting impact on the sport have earned them this prestigious recognition.