Daily Current Affairs 14th 15th April 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14th 15th April 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14th 15th April 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14th 15th April 2020 Current affairs test.
1. First Railway station to get Sanitizing Tunnel
- Ahmedabad station has become first railway station to get sanitizing tunnel.
- Chairman of Railway Board: Vinod Kumar Yadav || Headquarters of Indian Railway: New Delhi.
2. First Indian state to integrate allopathy and Ayurveda to treat COVID-19 patients
- Goa becomes the first state to integrate allopathy and Ayurveda to treat COVID-19 patients.
- Capital: Panaji || Chief minister: Pramod Sawant || Governor: Satya Pal Malik
3. DD Retro Channal
- Prasar Bharti has rolled out a new channel called ‘DD Retro’.
- The ‘DD Retro’ will be specifically dedicated to old classics of Doordarshan.
- Prasar Bharati is India’s largest public broadcasting agency. It is a statutory autonomous body set up by an Act of Parliament and comprises the Doordarshan Television Network and All India Radio, which were earlier media units of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Headquarters: New Delhi || Founded: 23 November 1997, New Delhi || Agency executives: Dr. A. Surya Prakash, Chairman; Shri. Shashi Shekhar Vempati, CEO
4. Bhogapuram International Airport
- GMR Airports Limited will develop & operate Bhogapuram International Airport in Andhra Pradesh.
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh: YS Jagan Mohan Reddy || Governor of Andhra Pradesh: Biswa Bhusan Harichandan.
5. India’s first remote health monitoring system
- AIIMS and Bharat Electronics Limited have set up India’s first remote health monitoring system in Rishikesh.
- Bharat Electronics Limited is an Indian state-owned aerospace and defence company with about nine factories, and several regional offices in India. It is owned by the Indian Government and primarily manufactures advanced electronic products for the Indian Armed Forces.
- Headquarters of BEL: Bengaluru || MD & CEO of BEL: M V Gowtama.
6. Food Bank Initiative
- Food Bank Initiative has been launched in Manipur.
- Manipur: Capital: Imphal || Governor: Najma Heptulla || Chief minister: N. Biren Singh
7. India’s first quarantine facility for animals
- Jim Corbett, situated in Uttarakhand has built isolation wards for animals thus becoming India’s first quarantine facility for animals.
- Uttarakhand: Governor: Baby Rani Maurya || Chief minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat
1. Sale of Harpoon missiles, torpedoes to India
- USA has approved the sale of Harpoon missiles, torpedoes worth USD 155 million to India.
- The U.S. is a country of 50 states covering a vast swath of North America, with Alaska in the northwest and Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific Ocean.
2. G20 Extraordinary Energy Ministers’ virtual meeting
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Steel, Dharmendra Pradhan participated in the G20 Extraordinary Energy Ministers’ virtual Meeting.
- The meeting was chaired by Saudi Arabia Energy Minister Prince Abdulaziz.
- The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 19 countries and the European Union.
- Leader: Salman of Saudi Arabia (2020) || Founder: Group of Seven || Founded: 26 September 1999 || Chairman: King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
Agreements and MoUs
1. YES Bank with Max Life Insurance
- YES Bank has extended bancassurance partnership with Max Life Insurance
- Bancassurance is a relationship between a bank and an insurance company that is aimed at offering insurance products or insurance benefits to the bank’s customers. In this partnership, bank staff and tellers become the point of sale and point of contact for the customer.
1. Recent Brand Ambassador
- Mobile Premier League (MPL) App : Tamannaah Bhatia
- JBL : Sara Ali Khan
- Shafali Verma, who has starred in India’s run to the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 final, has been named brand ambassador of Pepsi
2. Emerald Sage Investment’s stake buy in Apollo Tyres
- The Competition Commission of India has approved acquisition of 93 per cent stake in Apollo Tyres by Emerald Sage Investment.
- Competition Commission of India is a statutory body of the Government of India responsible for enforcing The Competition Act, 2002 throughout India and to prevent activities that have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India. It was established on 14 October 2003.
- CCI: Headquarters– New Delhi || Chairperson– Ashok Kumar Gupta
Science and Technology News
- ‘CovidGyan’ initiative has been launched by Tata Institute of Fundamental Research , Indian Institute of Science , and Tata Memorial Centre.
- Aim: To bring the scientific and factual aspects of COVID-19.
2. Collaborative CAD Software (CollabCAD)
- Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog and National Informatics Centre have jointly launched Collaborative CAD Software.
- It is a computer-enabled software system, providing a total engineering solution from 2D drafting & detailing to 3D product design.
- Chairperson of NITI Aayog: Narendra Modi || Chief Executive Officer: Amitabh Kant || Vice Chairperson: Rajiv Kumar || Headquarters: New Delhi.
1. Executive Director of Union Bank of India
- Birupaksha Mishra has been appointed as the new Executive Director of Union Bank of India.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || CEO: Rajkiran Rai G
1. World Art Day
- World Art Day is observed on 15th April.
- World Art Day is an international celebration of the fine arts which was declared by the International Association of Art in order to promote awareness of creative activity worldwide.
2. BR Ambedkar Remembrance Day
- Ambedkar Jayanti or Bhim Jayanti is an annual festival observed on 14 April to commemorate the memory of B. R. Ambedkar.
- It marks Babasaheb Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s birthday who was born on 14 April 1891. Since 2015 it has been observed as an official public holiday throughout India.
3. World Chagas Disease Day
- According to WHO, for the first time, the global community is preparing to celebrate 14 April as the first World Chagas Disease Day.
- The 72nd World Health Assembly approved the designation of Chagas Disease Day on May 24, 2019.
- Chagas disease, also called American trypanosomiasis, has been termed as a “silent and silenced disease”, not only because of its slowly progressing and frequently asymptomatic clinical course but also because it affects mainly poor people who have no political voice or access to health care.
1. Asian Boxing Championship
- Boxing Federation of India will host Asian Boxing Championship in Nov-Dec 2020.
- Indian Boxing Federation is the Indian national governing body for Olympic boxing and is the India’s member organization of the International Amateur Boxing Association. It is headquartered in New Delhi. Indian Boxing Federation is also known as all India boxing association.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,14th 15th April