Daily Current Affairs 14 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. PM Modi inaugurates memorial in New Delhi
- Dr. Ambedkar Memorial was inaugurated on the occasion of Ambedkar Jayanthi.
- The memorial houses a meditation hall with Buddha statue and 12 ft high bronze statue of Dr.Ambedkar.
2. AIIB approves loan for India
- $140 mn loan will be used to improve rural connectivity in Madhya Pradesh
- Co-financed by World Bank, the project is expected to benefit 1.5 mn rural residents.
3. NBCC to empower youth of Odisha
- NBCC has tied up with Skill Development Institute, Bhubaneshwar.
- NBCC will train 40,000 workers onsite and offsite in the next 5 years.
4. 13-yr old named in India book of records
- Aryaman Verma has registered his name by being the youngest developer of a drone.
- He built a Quadcopter which flies up to 70 ft.
1. UN addresses road accidents
- UN has launched Road Safety Trust Fund to address the tragedy.
- The fund will support efforts of Global Plan for the Decade of Action for Road Safety.
2. US estimates Syria to have used chemical weapons 50 times
- US ambassador to UN Nikki Haley said Syria has used chemical weapons 50 times during civil war.
- This comes amid accusations on Syria for killing about 70 people in a chemical attack in Douma.
3. Russia bans Telegram app
- This comes as Telegram refused to give the security services the ability to read users’ encrypted messages.
- Telegram CEO Pavel Durov says that Privacy is not for sale.
4. Boko Haram abducted 1,000 children in Nigeria : UNICEF
- UNICEF said this was done to show their power .
- The conflict has displaced over 20 lakh people.
1. Startups with Rs.10 cr investment to avail concession
- The govt allows startups to avail tax concession if total investment including angel funding does not exceed Rs.10 cr.
- This comes as startups raised concerns over angel tax.
2. Bhanu Pratap Sharma as the new Chairman of Banks Board Bureau
- The Banks Board Bureau primarily recommends senior executive appointments in state-run banks.
- He will replace former Comptroller and Auditor General Vinod Rai.
3. Infosys reports 28% decline in Q4
- The profit for March quarter is Rs.3,690 cr.
- The revenue for March quarter is Rs.18,083 cr against Rs.17,794 cr in December quarter.
4. Coinsecure puts bounty for recovery
- The Bitcoin exchange had lost 438.319 Bitcoins in the theft.
- Coinsecure has announced a reward of 10% for anyone who helps to recover the lost Bitcoins.
1. India clinch silver in Squash mixed doubles
- Dipika and Saurav won silver for India for 1st time in CWG history.
- Australia won the event for the 5th time.
2. Pune boy first to double cross Bangla Channel
- Sampanna Ramesh Shelar finished the 32.2 km swim in 9 hr 10 mins.
- He now eyes the upcoming competition in Bhagirathi River which extends for 81 km.
3. Manika Batra 1st Indian woman to clinch gold in TT
- She defeated Singapore’s Mengyu Yu in the final to win her 3rd medal in CWG.
- Manika had earlier won gold in women’s team and silver in women’s doubles.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15