Daily Current Affairs 14 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Mukhyamantri Madad Yojna
- Madhya Pradesh Government has launched ‘Mukhyamantri Madad Yojna’ for providing assistance to tribal families on childbirth and death of a family member.
- Madhya Pradesh Government will also waive off Loans taken by Tribals from Non-Licensed Money-Lenders.
2. Swachh Survekshan 2020
- Minister of State for housing and urban affairs Hardeep Singh Puri has launched 5th edition of Swachh Survekshan 2020.
- Various Apps
- Swachh Survekshan 2020 Toolkit
- SBM Water PLUS Protocol and Toolkit
- Swachh Nagar, an integrated waste management app
- mSBM App
3. Gallantry Awards for the year 2019
- Kirti Chakra: Spr Prakash Jadhav, Engrs (Posthumous) || Harshpal Singh, Dy Commandant – CRPF
- Vir Chakra: Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, Flying (Pilot) – Air Force
- IAF Squadron Leader Minty Agarwal was honoured with YudhSeva Medal for her role as a fighter controller during 27 February aerial conflict between India and Pakistan.
- Vir Chakra is an Indian gallantry award presented for acts of bravery on the battlefield. It replaced the British Distinguished Service Cross, Military Cross and Distinguished Flying Cross. Award of the decoration carries with it the right to use Vr.C. as a postnominal abbreviation.
- The Kirti Chakra is an Indian military decoration awarded for valour, courageous action or self-sacrifice away from the field of battle. It may be awarded to civilians as well as military personnel, including posthumous awards. It is the peacetime equivalent of the MahaVir Chakra.
- The awards include 2 Kirti Chakras, 1 Vir Chakra, 14 Shaurya Chakras, 8 Bar to Sena Medals (Gallantry), 90 Sena Medals (Gallantry), 5 Nao Sena Medals (Gallantry), 7 Vayu Sena Medals (Gallantry) and 5 YudhSeva Medals.
4. Book ‘Sridevi: Girl Woman Superstar’
- Book ‘Sridevi: Girl Woman Superstar’ is written by author-screenwriter Satyarth Nayak.
- It was published by Penguin Random House India.
1. World Organ Donation Day
- World Organ Donation Day was observed on August 13.
- The sole motto of celebrating this day is to inspire people to step up and donate organs to the ones who require them.
2. Order of Agricultural Merit by France
- France has conferred Indian Chef Priyam Chatterjee with ‘Chevalier de l’Ordre du Mrite Agricoleto’ (Order of Agricultural Merit) in New Delhi.
- The Order of Agricultural Merit is an order of merit bestowed by the French Republic for outstanding contributions to agriculture.
- When it was created in 1883, it was second in importance only to the Legion of Honour within the French order of precedence.
3. Justice Madan Lokur as Fiji’s SC judge
- Justice Madan Lokur from India has been appointed as the new Supreme Court judge of Fiji.
- He will serve as the judge of the non-resident panel of the Supreme Court of Fiji.
- Fiji: Capital- Suva || Currency- Fijian dollar.
4. International Left-Handers Day
- International Left Handers Day is an international day observed annually on August 13 to celebrate the uniqueness and differences of the left handers.
- The day was first observed in 1976 by Dean R. Campbell, founder of the Lefthanders International, Inc.
1. Global Investors Summit 2019
- Global Investors Summit 2019 starting from October 12, 2019 will be held in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir.
- Confederation of Indian Industries with Jammu and Kashmir Trade Promotion Organisation will be national partner for the investor’s summit.
2. HFCs under one category of NBFCs
- RBI has stated that Housing Finance Companies will be treated as one of the categories of NBFCs for regulatory purposes and it will come under its supervision.
- RBI: Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra || Formation: 1 April 1935 || Governor: Shaktikanta Das
3. Top-paid Bank CEO in India for FY19
- 1. Aditya Puri || HDFC Bank || Rs 89 lakh per month
- 2. Amitabh Chaudhry|| Axis Bank || Rs 30 lakh per month
- 3. Uday Kotak || Kotak Mahindra Bank || Rs 27 lakh per month
- HDFC Bank: HDFC stands for Housing Development Finance Corporation || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: August 1994
1. FIM Bajas World Cup 2019
- Indian Motorsport Rider Aishwarya Pissay from Bengaluru has become first Indian to win FIM Bajas World cup 2019.
- The 2019 FIM Bajas World Cup season is the 8th season of the FIM Bajas World Cup; an international rally raid competition for motorbikes and quads.
2. Medved Event 2019
- Wrestler Vinesh Phogat has settled for silver in the final of 53kg Medved event 2019 in Minsk, Belarus.
- She had won 3 consecutive gold medals at the Grand Prix of Spain, Yasar Dogu International and Poland Open in 2019.
3. BWF World Senior Badminton Championship 2019
- Ajith Haridas and Vijay Lancy of India won Men’s doubles 40-plus title by defeating Esben Kaempegaard and Morten Rasmussen of Denmark.
- The 2019 BWF World Senior Championships, officially YONEX BWF World Senior Badminton Championships Katowice 2019, was a badminton tournament which was held from 4 to 11 August 2019 at Spodek in Katowice, Poland.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31