Daily Current Affairs 14 June 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 June 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 June 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 June 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Release of the Report on the Composite Water Management Index
- NITI Aayog has prepared a report on Composite Water Management Index (CWMI).
- The Report was launched today by Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping and Water Resources and Dr. Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog. Shri Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog and Secretaries/ senior officials of Ministry of Water Resources, Drinking Water & Sanitation and Rural Development were also present at the launch event.
2. Cashless ticketing Through ‘Utsonmobile’ App Developed By CRIS
- The Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) developed a mobile-based application ‘utsonmobile’.
- The ‘utsonmobile’ application enables booking and cancellation of unreserved tickets, issue and renewal of season and platform tickets, check and load R-wallet balance and helps maintain user profile management and booking history.
3. ACC appointment
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Inder Jit Singh Secretary (Coordination), Cabinet Secretariat as Secretary, Ministry of Coal.
- He is from lAS KL Batch 1985.
4. NDMA conducts mock exercise in Uttar Pradesh on flood preparedness
- The National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) conducted a mock exercise on flood preparedness in Uttar Pradesh
- The exercise was held in collaboration with State Disaster Management Authority (SDMA).
1. World Blood Donor Day
- World Blood Donor Day being observed on 14th June across the globe.
- It is also a day to thank voluntary, unpaid blood donors for their life-saving gifts of blood. The day also strongly encourages more people to donate blood so that the donor population does not decline.
2. Sulabh Founder Honoured With Japan’s Nikkei Asia Prize
- Noted social reformer and founder of Sulabh International, Bindeshwar Pathak was honoured with Japan’s prestigious Nikkei Asia Prize.
- The award was given under Culture and Community category for his significant work in tackling poor hygiene and discrimination.
3. Defence Minister Inaugurates 1st BEL Representative Office In Vietnam
- Defence Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the first Representative Office of Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- The Representative Office will aim to promote BEL’s exports in areas such as Weapon Systems, Radar Systems, Naval Systems, Military Communication Systems, Electronic Warfare Systems, Combat Management System and Coastal Surveillance System.
1. HDFC Banks Proposal To Raise Additional Share Capital Approved
- Union Cabinet approved the proposal for grant of permission to HDFC Bank to raise additional share capital of up to a maximum of 24,000 crore rupees.
- The composite foreign shareholding in the Bank will not exceed 74% of the enhanced paid-up equity share capital of the bank.
2. Mobile Banking Rank By SBIs Annual Report: Paytm Tops By Volume And Axis Bank Tops By Value
- At 17.2%, Axis Bank commands the largest value share of mobile banking transactions but it’s Paytm that tops volumes with 22%. However, Paytm’s value share is a meagre 0.25%.
- ICICI Bank has a 17.1% share of transactions by value and 9.7% by volume. SBI’s volume share has slipped by over 5 percentage points from nearly 25% at the end of March 2017 to 19.5% in January 2018.
3. Ikea to open restaurants in India to boost its business
- Ikea, the world’s largest furniture retailer from Sweden, expects its restaurant business to attract customers and boost market performance at its stores in India.
- Ikea India’s Patrick Antoni says that food will be the first contact point for people who visit the store
1. Premier League fixtures 2018-19
- Champions Man City travel to Emirates Arsenal for Unai Emery’s Arsenal debut
- Spurs’ new ground not ready until Liverpool on 15 September
2. FIFA World Cup to start from Today
- The 2018 FIFA World Cup officially kicked off today when host nation Russia faced with Saudi Arabia in a Group A showdown.
- Before the start of the match, the fans will witness an extravagant opening ceremony which will feature some of the biggest names in international music world along with legendary footballing stars.
3. Gavit Murali Kumar bags gold in men’s 10,000 metre race at Gouden Spike meeting
- Young long-distance runner Gavit Murali Kumar bagged a gold in men’s 10,000-metre race at the Gouden Spike meeting in Leiden, The Netherlands.
- Gavit clocked a personal best of 28 minutes 43.34 seconds.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,14 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14