Daily Current Affairs 14 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle
- DRDO has successfully launched new Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle off the coast of Odisha.
- The HSTDV is an unmanned scramjet demonstration aircraft for hypersonic speed flight.
- DRDO:- Headquarters: New Delhi || Founded: 1958 || Motto: “Strength’s Origin is in Science” || Chairman: Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy
2. Senior officials in the Office of the Prime Minister of India (New Appointments)
- Principal Secretary :- Nripendra Misra, IAS
- National Security Adviser :- Ajit Kumar Doval, IPS
- Additional Principal Secretary :- Dr.Pramod Kumar Misra, IAS
- Secretary :- Bhaskar Khulbe, IAS
- Additional Secretary :- Tarun Bajaj, IAS
- Private Secretary :- Rajeev Topno, IAS
3. Defence Space Research Agency
- Cabinet Committee on Security has approved to set up the Defence Space Research Agency.
- Aim :- To enhance the capabilities of the armed forces to fight wars in space.
- Headquarter :- Bengaluru, Karnataka
4. Kargil Vijay Diwas
- The 2019 marks the 20th anniversary of victory in ‘Operation VIJAY’ popularly known as the ‘Kargil War’.
- Theme for Kargil Vijay Diwas 2019 :- ‘Remember, Rejoice and Renew’.
- The Kargil War was an armed conflict between India and Pakistan that took place between May and July 1999 in the Kargil district of Kashmir and elsewhere along the Line of Control (LOC). In India, the conflict is also referred to as Operation Vijay
- The cause of the War was the infiltration of Pakistani soldiers and Kashmiri militants into Kargil district of J & K and along the LOC.
- The Kargil War came to an end on July 26th 1999 with the aid of international diplomatic intervention, due to which Pakistani troops exited Indian territories. By the end of the war it was estimated that more than 500 soldiers had been killed and over 1000 injured.
1. World Blood Donor Day
- Every year on 14 June, countries around the world celebrate World Blood Donor Day.
- The event, established in 2004, serves to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products, and to thank blood donors for their voluntary, life-saving gifts of blood.
- The host country for World Blood Donor Day 2019 is Rwanda.
- Theme :- ‘Safe blood for all’.
2. Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award
- Actress Priyanka Chopra will be honoured with ‘Danny Kaye Humanitarian Award’ by UNICEF.
- The Award is named after actor-philanthropist Danny Kaye.
- Danny Kaye was an American actor, singer, dancer, comedian, musician, and philanthropist.
- The United Nations Children’s Fund, originally known as the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund, was created by the United Nations General Assembly on 11 December 1946, to provide emergency food and healthcare to children and mothers in countries that had been devastated by World War II.
3. International Albinism Awareness Day
- International Albinism Awareness Day was observed on 13th June.
- Theme :- ‘Still Standing Strong’.
- Albinism is a congenital disorder characterized in humans by the complete or partial absence of pigment in the skin, hair and eyes.
- Albinism is associated with a number of vision defects, such as photophobia, nystagmus, and amblyopia. Lack of skin pigmentation makes for more susceptibility to sunburn and skin cancers.
4. China’s next Ambassador to India
- China has appointed diplomat Sun Weidong as its next Ambassador to India.
- President: Xi Jinping || Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi
- Indian Ambassador to China : Vikram Misri
1. Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) stock
- According to CRISIL,NPAs’ stock has declined to 9.3% in March 2019 in comparison to 11.5% in March 2018.
- A non-performing loan is a loan that is in default or close to being in default. Many loans become non-performing after being in default for 90 days, but this can depend on the contract terms.
- CRISIL is a global analytical company providing ratings, research, and risk and policy advisory services. CRISIL’s majority shareholder is Standard & Poor’s, a division of McGraw Hill Financial and provider of financial market intelligence.
- CRISIL :- Former name: Credit Rating Information Services of India Limited || CEO: AshuSuyash || Parent organization: Standard & Poor’s International, LLC
2. New CEO of Reckitt Benckiser (Dettol)
- Reckitt Benckiser has appointed Laxman Narasimhan as its next CEO replacing Rakesh Kapoor.
- Headquarters: Slough, United Kingdom
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc is a British multinational consumer goods company headquartered in Slough, England. It is a producer of health, hygiene and home products (maker of Dettol cleaners).
- It was formed in 1999 by the merger of the UK-based Reckitt & Colman plc and the Netherlands-based Benckiser NV.
3. Infosys with Posti Group
- Infosys has partnered with Posti Group to accelerate its digital transformation initiatives.
- Posti Group Corporation is the main Finnish postal service delivering mail and parcels in Finland.
- Owner: Government of Finland || Headquarters: Helsinki, Finland
4. Indian Film Festival of Melbourne
- Actor Shah Rukh Khan will be the chief guest at 10th Indian Film Festival of Melbourne, Australia.
- Melbourne is the coastal capital of the south-eastern Australian state of Victoria.
1. World’s highest-paid athletes 2019
- 1. Footballer Lionel Messi with the annual earnings of $127 million.
- 2. Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo
- 3. Footballer Neymar Jr.
- Cricketer Virat Kohli is at 100th position with the annual earnings of $25 million.
2. NBA Championship Title 2019
- Toronto Raptors has won NBA Championship Title defeating Golden State Warriors.
- Toronto Raptors is the lone Canadian team in the NBA.
- The Toronto Raptors are a Canadian professional basketball team based in Toronto, Ontario. The Raptors compete in the National Basketball Association, as a member club of the league’s Eastern Conference Atlantic Division.
- The National Basketball Association is a men’s professional basketball league in North America; composed of 30 teams.
3. Lee Chong Wei retires
- Malaysian badminton player Lee Chong Wei has announced his retirement.
- Lee was ranked first worldwide for 349 weeks, these including 199-week streak from 21 August 2008 to 14 June 2012.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,14 June
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30