Daily Current Affairs 14 May 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 May 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 May 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 May 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Satellite RISAT-2B
- ISRO will launch India’s latest radar imaging satellite RISAT-2B.
- RISAT-2B, or Radar Imaging Satellite 2 is an Indian radar reconnaissance satellite that is part of India’s RISAT programme.
2. ‘Kamali’ A short film
- Short Film ‘Kamali’ has qualified for the 2020 Academy Awards.
- ‘Kamali’ is a short film on Tamil Nadu’s 9-year-old skateboarder girl Kamali Moorthy.
- The ceremony will be held on February 9, 2020.
3. Venkaiah Naidu with Vietnamese Prime Minister
- Vice President of India Venkaiah Naidu hold talks with Vietnamese Prime Minister Xuan Phuc in Hanoi.
- Aim :- Importance of strengthening the Comprehensive Strategic Partnership between the two nations.
- Vietnam is a Southeast Asian country on the South China Sea known for its beaches, rivers, Buddhist pagodas and bustling cities. Hanoi, the capital, pays homage to the nation’s iconic Communist-era leader, Ho Chi Minh
- Capital: Hanoi || Currency: Vietnamese dong
1. Sunday Times Rich List
- 1. Sri and Gopi Hinduja and family £22bn.
- 2. David and Simon Reuben £18.664bn.
- 3. Sir Jim Ratcliffe £18.15bn.
- The Sunday Times Rich List is a list of the 1,000 wealthiest people or families resident in the United Kingdom ranked by net wealth.
- The list is updated annually in April and published as a magazine supplement by British national Sunday newspaper The Sunday Times since 1989.
2. Chief of Naval Operations, US Navy is on India
- Admiral John Michael Richardson had discussions with Admiral Sunil Lanba of India.
- John Michael Richardson is a four-star admiral in the United States Navy who currently serves as the 31st Chief of Naval Operations.
- Sunil Lanba, PVSM, AVSM, ADC is the current and the 23rd Chief of the Naval Staff of the Indian Navy. He assumed the office on 31 May 2016 after Admiral Robin K. Dhowan and will hold office till May 2019. He is also the Chairman of the chiefs of staff committee.
3. Christchurch Call
- ‘Christchurch Call’ is an ambitious initiative aimed at curbing extremism online.
- It was launched by French President Emmanuel Macron and New Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.
1. Conference on Dialogue of Asian Civilizations
- China will host a Conference on Dialogue of Asian Civilizations in Beijing.
- Theme :- ‘Promoting mutual learning and exchanges among Asian civilizations through Film and TV’.
- Population: 138.64 crores (2017) || Capital: Beijing || Currency: Renminbi || President: Xi Jinping
2. New CEO of LIC Mutual Fund
- Dinesh Pangtey has been appointed as the CEO of LIC Mutual Fund.
- A mutual fund is a professionally managed investment fund that pools money from many investors to purchase securities. These investors may be retail or institutional in nature. Mutual funds have advantages and disadvantages compared to direct investing in individual securities.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India is an Indian state-owned insurance group and investment company headquartered in Mumbai. It is the largest insurance company in India with an estimated asset value of ₹2,529,390 crore.
- Headquarters: Mumbai || Owner: Government of India || Founder: Government of India || Founded: 1 September 1956
3. Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card
- ICICI Bank has partnered with Goibibo to launch ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card.
- ‘Goibibo ICICI Bank Travel Card’ is co-branded multi-currency card for Users.
- ICICI Bank:- Headquarters: Mumbai || Tag line: ‘Hum Hai na’ || CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Goibibo:- CEO: Sanjay Bhasin || Headquarter: Gurgaon
4. Paytm First Card
- Paytm has collaborated with Citibank to launch its first credit card ‘Paytm First Card’.
- Paytm is an Indian e-commerce payment system and digital wallet company, based out of NOIDA SEZ, India.
- PayTm :- CEO: Renu Satti || Founder: Vijay Shekhar Sharma || Founded: 2010 || Headquarters: Noida || Parent organization: One97 Communications
- Citibank is the consumer division of financial services multinational Citigroup. Citibank was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York, and later became First National City Bank of New York. Citibank provides credit cards, mortgages, personal loans, commercial loans, and lines of credit.
1. Highest Wicket-Taking Spinner in ODI
- Off-spinner Sana Mir of Pakistan has become the highest Wicket-Taking Spinner in ODI (Women Cricket).
- Sana Mir is a cricketer and the former captain of the Pakistan national women’s cricket team in ODIs and T20Is. In October 2018, she became the first Pakistani women cricketer to rank number 1 in ICC ODI bowler ranking. In May 2019, Sana became the top ranked ICC ODI bowler in women cricket.
2. Spanish F1 Grand Prix
- Jehan Daruvala has won the inaugural round of FIA Formula 3 Championship in Barcelona.
- Jehan Daruvala is an Indian racing driver, currently competing in the European Formula 3 Championship with Prema Powerteam.
- He is a protégé of the Force India F1 team, after being one of three winners of a ‘One in a Billion hunt’ organized by the team in 2011.
3. Madrid Open (Tennis)
- Novak Djokovic of Serbia has defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas of Greece in the Madrid Open final
- The Madrid Open, currently sponsored by Mutua Madrileña and known as the Mutua Madrid Open, is a joint men’s and women’s professional tennis tournament, held in Madrid, during early May.
- Kiki Bertens has defeated Simona Halep in the Women’s Final.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,14 May
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15
- Daily Current Affairs: May 16
- Daily Current Affairs: May 17
- Daily Current Affairs: May 18
- Daily Current Affairs: May 19
- Daily Current Affairs: May 20
- Daily Current Affairs: May 21
- Daily Current Affairs: May 22
- Daily Current Affairs: May 23
- Daily Current Affairs: May 24
- Daily Current Affairs: May 25
- Daily Current Affairs: May 26
- Daily Current Affairs: May 27
- Daily Current Affairs: May 28
- Daily Current Affairs: May 29
- Daily Current Affairs: May 30
- Daily Current Affairs: May 31