Daily Current Affairs 14th May 2020: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14th May 2020. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14th May 2020. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14th May 2020 Current affairs test.
1. New Geographical Indication Tag
- 1. Sohrai Khovar painting of Jharkhand
- 2. Telia Rumal of Telangana
1. New Development Bank loan to India
- New Development Bank of the BRICS has disbursed USD one billion emergency assistance loan to India.
- New Development Bank: Headquarters: Shanghai, China || President: K. V. Kamath || Founded: 15 July 2014
Science and Technology News
1. e-Sanjivani OPD
- Maharashtra Government has launched ‘e-Sanjivani OPD’ which is an online OPD services for people during lockdown.
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
1. New CBSE Chairman
- Manoj Ahuja has been appointed the new chairman of the Central Board of Secondary Education replacing Anita Karwal.
- CBSE: Headquarters: New Delhi, India
Award, Rankings and Indexes
1. Global Energy Review in 2020
- The International Energy Agency has released the Global Energy Review in 2020.
- The report stated that 15% of the daily electricity demand has been reduced.
- The report was based on the survey collected from 30 countries including India and China
- In India, according to the report, electricity production from coal has declined by 32.2% as compared to 2019 level.
- The International Energy Agency is a Paris-based autonomous intergovernmental organization established in the framework of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development in 1974 in the wake of the 1973 oil crisis.
- Headquarters location: Paris, France || Executive Director- FatihBirol
2. Global Energy Transition Index
- India has been ranked at 74th place on Global Energy Transition Index by World Economic Forum.
- Top Three:
- 1. Sweden
- 2. Switzerland
- 3. Finland
- WEF : Headquarters– Cologny/Geneva, Switzerland || Founder and Executive Chairman– Klaus Schwab
1. FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup
- FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup in India has been rescheduled to February 17 till March 7, 2021.
- FIFA: President: Gianni Infantino || Headquarters: Zurich, Switzerland
2. FIDE Chess.com Online Nations Cup
- Winner: China
- Runner-up: USA
- India is at 5th rank.
3. French cyclist Remy Di Gregorio
- French cyclist Remy Di Gregorio has been banned by International Cycling Union for 4 years.
- International Cycling Union (UCI): Headquarters– Aigle, Switzerland || President– David Lappartient