Daily Current Affairs 14 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. #PowerOf18 campaign
- Twitter India has launched #PowerOf18 campaign in India.
- This is aimed at encouraging youth to contribute in public debates and civic purpose for the 2019 general elections.
2. India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2018
- The 38th edition of India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2018 was inaugurated by the Minister of State for Commerce & Industry, CR Chaudhary in New Delhi.
- The partner country is Afghanistan and the focus country is Nepal. The focus state is Jharkhand.
3. Children’s Day
- Children’s Day is a day recognised to celebrate children. The day is celebrated on various dates in different countries. Date: 14 November
- NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission and UNICEF has announced Young Champions Awards on occasion of Children’s Day.
- Today is the birth anniversary of Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru. He was a freedom fighter, the first Prime Minister of India and a central figure in Indian politics before and after independence.
4. All India Institute of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy
- Ayush Minister Shripad Naik has laid the foundation stone for the All India Institute of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy in Goa.
- GOA:- Chief Minister: Manohar Parrikar || Governor: Smt. Mridula Sinha.
- It is the bilateral Naval Exercise between India and Indonesia Navies.
- President: Joko Widodo || Capital: Jakarta || Currency: Indonesian rupiah
2. Exercise Indra 2018
- India and Russia will hold joint military exercises ‘Exercise Indra 2018’ in Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh.
- President: Vladimir Putin || Capital: Moscow || Currency: Russian ruble
3. Stan Lee passes away
- Marvel Comics co-creator Stan Lee has passed away aged at 95.
- Stan Lee was an American comic book writer, editor, and publisher. He was the editor-in-chief of Marvel Comics, and later its publisher and chairman, leading its expansion from a small division of a publishing house to a large multimedia corporation.
4. WEF Global Future Councils
- The 3rd annual meeting of World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Global Future Councils has concluded in Dubai, UAE.
- Theme :- ‘Globalization 4.0: Shaping a Global Architecture in the Age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution’
1. Binny Bansal has resigned
- Binny Bansal has resigned from the post of Flipkart Group’s CEO.
- Kalyan Krishnamurthy will remain the CEO of Flipkart.
2. Accenture ‘s new Acquisition
- Accenture has acquired US-based Intrigo Systems.
- Intrigo Systems is a Systems, Applications and Products (SAP)-based provider.
3. ‘Ambassador of Conscience’ Award
- Amnesty International has withdrawn ‘Ambassador of Conscience’ Award, from Myanmar Councillor Aung San Suu Kyi for not taking efforts to stop violence against Rohingya.
- Capital: Naypyidaw || Currency: Burmese kyat || President: Win Myint
4. Book ‘Healed’
- Actress Manisha Koirala has unveiled her book ‘Healed’.
- It is a personal story of actor Manisha Koirala’s battle against ovarian cancer.
1. Fuzhou China Open 2018
- Men’s Singles :- Kento Momota (Japan)
- Women’s Singles :- Chen Yufei (China)
2. 2018 Fed Cup
- Czech Republic has defeated USA won the 2018 Fed Cup Trophy.
- Fed Cup:- Type – international women’s tennis competition || Launched – 1963
3. La Liga Awards
- Lionel Messi has been declared the La Liga Spanish football league’s best player of the 2017-18 campaign.
- Messi also won the Pichichi Trophy(Highest Goal scorer) of the 2017-18 campaign.
- Atletico Madrid’s Goalkeeper Jan Oblak has been named the goalkeeper of the year.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14