Daily Current Affairs 14 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. World Monument Watch List for 2020
- Suranga Bawadi in Bijapur, Karnataka was selected as the World Monument Watch List for 2020 under the category of ‘Ancient Water System of the Deccan Plateau’.
- Suranga Bawadi was an integral part of the ancient Karez system of supplying water through subterranean tunnels built during Adil Shahi era in Vijayapura, is now set to get funding for restoration.
2. Children’s Day
- Children’s Day is celebrated in India to increase awareness of the rights, care and education of children.
- It is held every year on 14 November as a tribute to India’s First Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, fondly known as ‘Chacha Nehru’ among children, he advocated for children to have fulfilled education.
3. Chief Justice’s office comes under RTI
- Supreme Court ruled that the office of Chief Justice comes under the Right to Information (RTI) Act.
- Right to Information is act of the Parliament of India to provide for setting out the practical regime of the right to information for citizens and replaces the erstwhile Freedom of information Act, 2002.
- The Chief Justice of India is the head of the judiciary of India and the Supreme Court of India. The CJI also heads their administrative functions.
4. PS Krishnan passes away
- Former Union Secretary PS Krishnan has passed away.
- PS Krishnan had also served as a member of the National SC/ST commission.
- PS Krishnan is a former member of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and has been actively working for the cause of the advancement and empowerment of the deprived social categories of Indian society, the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes, for over nearly seven decades including his 35-year career in the IAS.
5. President’s rule in Maharashtra
- Union Cabinet has recommended the ‘President’s Rule’ on the report of the Governor invoking Article 356 of the constitution in Maharashtra.
- In India, president’s rule is the suspension of state government and imposition of direct central government rule in a state.
- Under Article 356 of the Constitution of India, in the event that a state government is unable to function according to constitutional provisions, the Central government can take direct control of the state machinery. Subsequently, executive authority is exercised through the centrally appointed governor, who has the authority to appoint other administrators to assist them. The administrators are usually nonpartisan retired civil servants.
1. Iran discovers new oil fields
- Iran has discovered a new oilfield with 53 billion barrels of crude oil in Khuzestan province.
- Iran: Capital: Tehran || Currency: Rial || President: Hassan Rouhani.
2. Bangladesh’s High Commissioner to India
- Mohammad Imran has been appointed as Bangladesh’ High Commissioner to India.
- Bangladesh: Capital: Dhaka || Currency: Taka || Prime Minister: Sheikh Hasina.
3. World Diabetes Day
- World Diabetes Day is the primary global awareness campaign focusing on diabetes mellitus and is held on 14 November each year.
- World Diabetes Day was first introduced in 1991, and founded by both the International Diabetes Federation and the World Health Organization.
4. World Pneumonia Day
- World Pneumonia Day on 12th November provides an annual forum for the world to stand together and demand action in the fight against pneumonia.
- More than 100 organizations representing the interests of children joined forces as the Global Coalition against Child Pneumonia to hold the first World Pneumonia Day on 2 November 2009.
- Theme: ‘Healthy lungs for all’.
1. FICCI with Singapore Fintech Association
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry has signed an MoU with Singapore Fintech Association.
- It is as part of the growing Singapore-India fintech ecosystems.
- The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry is an association of business organisations in India. Established in 1927, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi by GD Birla and Purushottam Das Thakurdas, it is the largest, oldest and the apex business organisation in India.
- Headquarters location: New Delhi || Founded: 1927 || Founders: Ghanshyam Das Birla, Purshottamdas Thakurdas
2. New Chairman of Unilever
- FMCG Unilever has appointed Nils Andersen as its new Chairman replacing Marijn Dekkers.
- CEO: Alan Jope || Founded: 2 September 1929 || Headquarters: London and Netherlands.
3. India International Trade Fair 2019
- The 39th edition of India International Trade Fair 2019 has started in New Delhi.
- Theme: ‘Ease of Doing Business’.
- Partner Country: Afghanistan
- Focus Country: The Republic of Korea
- Bihar and Jharkhand are the focus states in the 39th edition of India International Trade Fair 2019.
4. Sishu Suraksha APP
- Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights has launched Sishu Suraksha App on the occasion of Children’s Day.
- Assam: Capital: Dispur || Chief Minister: Sarbananda Sonowal || Governor: Jagdish Mukhi.
1. Criminalise offences related to match-fixing
- Sri Lanka has become first South Asian nation to criminalise offences related to match-fixing.
- Sri Lankan Parliament has passed a bill labelled ‘Prevention of Offences Related to Sports’ for the same.
- Sri Lanka: Capitals: Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte || Currency: Sri Lankan rupee || Prime minister: Ranil Wickremesinghe || President: Maithripala Sirisena.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15
- Daily Current Affairs: November 16
- Daily Current Affairs: November 17
- Daily Current Affairs: November 18
- Daily Current Affairs: November 19
- Daily Current Affairs: November 20
- Daily Current Affairs: November 21
- Daily Current Affairs: November 22
- Daily Current Affairs: November 23
- Daily Current Affairs: November 24
- Daily Current Affairs: November 25
- Daily Current Affairs: November 26
- Daily Current Affairs: November 27
- Daily Current Affairs: November 28
- Daily Current Affairs: November 29
- Daily Current Affairs: November 30