Daily Current Affairs 14 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Asia Environmental Enforcement Award
- IFS officer Ramesh Pandey has been selected for Asia Environmental Enforcement Award by the United Nations Environment Programme.
- He was awarded for his excellent work in combating trans-boundary environmental crime.
- The Indian Forest Service is one of the three All India Services of the Government of India. The other two All India Services being the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service. It was constituted in the year 1966 under the All India Services Act, 1951, by the Government of India.
- Dietrich Brandis is widely considered as the father of IFoS.
2. National Cultural Festival
- The 10th edition of National Cultural Festival has started in Madhya Pradesh.
- It is being organized by the Union Ministry of Culture from 14th to 21st of October under ‘Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat’ campaign.
3. MOSAiC Expedition
- Indian Polar Researcher Vishnu Nandan is among 300 researchers to join MOSAiC Expedition.
- MOSAiC Expedition is the largest ever Arctic expedition for the Study of Arctic Climate.
- It is Led by the Alfred Wegener Institute in Germany
3. Most followed leader on Instagram
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has become the most-followed elected world leader on Instagram.
- 2. Indonesian President Joko Widodo
- 3. Barack Obama
- 4. Donald Trump
1. Nobel Prize for Economics 2019
- The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the 2019 SverigesRiksbank Prize in Economic to Indian American economist Abhijit Banerjee, his wife Esther Duflo and American development economist Michael Kremer.
- The trio won the award for their experimental approach to alleviating Global Poverty.
2. Alexei Leonov passes away
- Alexei Arkhipovich Leonov was a Soviet Russian cosmonaut, Air Force major general, writer, and artist.
- On 18 March 1965, he became the first human to conduct a spacewalk, exiting the capsule during the Voskhod 2 mission for 12 minutes and 9 seconds.
3. International Day of Disaster Risk Reduction
- The International Day for Disaster Reduction on 13th October an international day encourages every citizen and government to take part in building more disaster-resilient communities and nations.
- Theme: ‘Reduce disaster damage to critical infrastructure and disruption of basic services’.
4. World standards Day
- World Standards Day is an international day celebrated internationally each year on 14 October.
- It is observed by the members of the International Electro technical Commission (IEC), International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- Theme: ‘Video Standards Create a Global Stage’.
1. Brand Finance Nation Brands 2019
- Brand Finance Nation Brands 2019 was released by Brand Finance
- India has jumped to 7th from 9th rank in 2018 with 18.7% growth in brand value to $2,562 billion.
- 1. USA with $27,751 billion Brand Value.
- 2. China
- 3. Germany
- Brand Finance is an independent branded business valuation consultancy. It advises branded organisations, or those with intangible assets, on how to maximise their value through effective management of their brand and other intangible assets.
- Brand Finance: Founded: 1996 || Headquarters: London || CEO: David Haigh
2. ADB with Rajasthan Government
- Asian Development Bank and Government of India with Rajasthan has signed a $190 Million loan for state road development.
- The Asian Development Bank is a regional development bank established on 19 December 1966, which is headquartered in the Ortigas Center located in the city of Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines. The company also maintains 31 field offices around the world to promote social and economic development in Asia.
- Headquarters: Mandaluyong, Philippines || President: Takehiko Nakao || Founded: 19 December 1966 || Membership: 68 countries || Purpose: Economic development
3. Icon (Ionospheric Connection Explorer)
- NASA has launched Satellite ‘Icon (Ionospheric Connection Explorer) to explore the dynamic region where air meets space.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the United States Federal Government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research. NASA was established in 1958, succeeding the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.
- Headquarters: Washington DC || Founder: Dwight D. Eisenhower || Founded: 29 July 1958, United States
4. G20 Global Smart Cities Alliance on Technology Governance
- India became a member of G20 Global Smart Cities Alliance on Technology Governance
- G20 Global Smart Cities Alliance on Technology Governance works towards advancing the responsible and ethical use of smart city technologies.
- 20 Global Smart Cities Alliance on Technology Governance was established in June 2019, in conjunction with the G20 Summit in Osaka, Japan.
1. Bastian Schweinsteiger retires
- German Footballer Bastian Schweinsteiger has announced his retirement.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger is a German retired professional footballer who usually played as central midfielder. Earlier in his career, he primarily played as a wide midfielder. He spent 17 seasons at Bayern Munich, playing in exactly 500 matches across all competitions and scoring 68 goals.
2. Conor Dwyer retires
- American Olympic swimming champion Conor Dwyer has announced his retirement.
- Conor James Dwyer is an American competition swimmer and Olympic gold medallist.
- He competes in freestyle and medley events, and won a gold medal as a member of the winning U.S. 4×200-meter freestyle relay team at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
3. World Youth Chess Championship 2019
- World Youth Chess Championship 2019 was held in Mumbai by International Chess Federation.
- India bagged seven medals in the Championship including 1 gold, 3 silver, and 3 bronze medal.
- Russia won 5 medals in the Championship and followed by India.
- R Praggnanandhaa coveted gold in the U-18 Open category in the World Youth Chess Championships.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,14 October
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31