Daily Current Affairs 14 April 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 14 April 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 14 April 2017, we would recommend to you to try 14 April 2017 Current affairs test.
126th Birth Anniversary of Dr. Ambedkar commemorated on April 14, 2017
- PM Narendra Modi visited Nagpur on April 14 2017 to commemorate Dr. Ambedkar’s 126th Birth Anniversary and also paid his tributes to Dr. Ambedkar at the sacred Deeksha bhoomi.
- Along with the inauguration of new units in Koradi thermal power station in Nagpur, he also formally launched The BHIM-Aadhaar platform for merchants at a function which was organized by the Niti Ayog at Mankapur Indoor Stadium in Nagpur.
$9 billion dollars raised by Saudi Arabia in its first global Islamic bond issue
- The sale of Islamic bonds which is also known as Sukuks helped the global debt market to raise $17.5 billion in a bond issue and is termed as the biggest ever sale of bonds from an emerging nation.
- More than $33 billion in bids were submitted by the investors and a $4.5 billion five-year Sukuk tranche at 100 basis points over the mid-swap rate and an equally-sized 10-year tranche at a spread of 140 basis points was sold by the government.
Largest Non-Nuclear bomb dropped by US in Afghanistan’s area populated by ISIS members
- “Mother of all bombs”– the largest non-nuclear weapon used in combat by US military was dropped by US on an Eastern Afghanistan area known to be populated by ISIS-affiliated militants.
- The GBU-43 bomb was dropped by MC-130 aircraft and the mega explosion resulted in the destruction of three underground tunnels as well as weapons and ammunition but no civilians were hurt.
Forbes 30 features Alia Bhatt under 30 Asia list
- Actress Alia Bhatt is the only Bollywood Actress who has a got a place in Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List after a string of high earning films and best performances in recent times.
- The Indian Actress has been a part of over 20 high-earning Bollywood movies and atleast six of the films she acted in managed to gross over $15 million.
Tare Zameen Par programme for under privilieged children initiated by Jharkhand police
- Jharkhand Police initiates Tare Zameen Par program with a motive to enlighten children in naxal-affected areas of Jharkhand’s Palamau district and to encourage children to lead happy lives.
- An appeal has been made by Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG), Vipul Shukla to locals to donate bags, shoes, books and clothes that will be distributed among poor children.
Haryana launches Operation Durga following UP’s Anti Romeo Squad
- Durga Vahini – police squads comprising of woman personnel, including nine Sub-inspectors of Police, 14 Assistant Sub-inspectors, six Head Constables and 13 constables, besides other police officers from each district were launched by Haryana with an aim to stop harassment of women, eve teasing, vulgar comments, stalking and other similar activities in public spaces.
Banking & Finance
$375-mn loan approved by World Bank for India’s first waterway project
- World Bank has approved a $375 million loan to India which has a maturity of 17 years and grace period of 7 years for developing its first waterway project – The National Waterway 1.
- A navigable stretch of 1360 km will be developed on River Ganga from Varanasi (in Uttar Pradesh) to Haldia (in West Bengal) under this project which will help to develop water transportation in this prospective region.
Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana tops target of Rs 1.8 lakh Crore for 2016-17
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) announced by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in the Union Budget for financial year 2016 has successfully crossed the loan target of Rs 1.8 lakh crore.
- It was mentioned by PM Modi that there is an urgent need to focus on some 5.75 crore self-employed people who use funds of around Rs 11 lakh crore, and have an average debt of merely Rs 17,000 but they end up employing 12 crore people.
‘Operation Clean Money-II’ launched by Income Tax department to probe 60,000 people
- The second phase of ‘Operation Clean Money’ was launched by the Income Tax department on April 14 2017 under which it will probe over 60000 individuals including 1300 ‘high risk’ individuals.
- In this phase, 6000 high value property transactions and 6600 cases of outward remittances will undergo a detailed investigation.
Acquisitions & Mergers
- 4% of minor Anglo American bought by Anil Agarwal making him 2nd largest holder
- Indian billionaire Anil Agarwal acquires the shares of 11.44 per cent of the British mining group becoming the second largest shareholder in Anglo American.
- Agarwal who owns The Volcan Holdings Investment Company now owns 11.44 per cent of the group’s capital and voting rights.
- With a strong board and management team, Anglo American plc is a great company which has excellent assets and executes a focused strategy to drive shareholder value.
For taxpayers’ benefit, CPC in Bengaluru gets new pin code
- The CPC earlier old pin code was 560100 while the new pin code is 560500 and is allotted by The Department of Post to the Central Processing Centre (CPC).
- The main purpose of this initiative is to ensure that mails and letters sent by taxpayers and assesses are not lost and reach the centre without delay.
- Daily Current Affairs Today 1 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 2 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 3 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 4 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 5 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 6 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 7 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 8 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 9 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 10 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 11 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 12 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 13 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 14 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 15 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 16 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 17 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 18 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 19 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 20 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 21 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 22 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 23 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 24 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 25 April 2017