Daily Current Affairs 14 August 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 August 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 August 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 August 2018 Current affairs test.
1. The Governor of Chhattisgarh passes away
- Governor Balram Das Tandon passed away at the age of 90.
- Previously he also served as the Deputy CM of Punjab, was appointed as the state Governor in July 2014.
2. ‘Digital North East Vision 2022’
- Ravi Shankar Prasad launched the document called ‘Digital North East Vision 2022’ in Guwahati.
- There are total eight digital thrust areas:- Digital Infrastructure, Digital services, Digital empowerment, Promotion of Electronics Manufacturing, Promotion of IT and ITES (including BPOs), Digital Payments, Innovation and Startups and Cybersecurity.
3. Ease of Living Index 2018
- Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep S Puri has released the ‘Ease of Living Index 2018’.
- Pune has ranked first in Ease of Living Index followed by Navi Mumbai then Greater Mumbai, Delhi is at 65 position.
4. Water aerodromes
- It is a proposal from GOI to set up water aerodromes for improved air connectivity in India.
- The first phase of places could be are Chilika Lake(Odisha), Sardar Sarovar Dam and Sabarmati River Front in Gujarat.
1. Parker Solar Probe
- Parker Solar Probe is the first-ever mission to ‘touch’ the Sun.
- Nasa has Launched Parker Solar Probe.
2. Exim Bank With BRICS Development Banks
- Exim Bank of India has signed an MOU with development banks of BRICS.
- The main is to undertake a collaborative research in distributed block chain technology.
3. International Left handers Day
- International Left handers Day was observed on the 13th of August.
- In year 1976, the very first International Left handers Day was celebrated.
4. Visa Application Centre In Kolkata
- Israel opened a new Visa Application Centre in Kolkata.
- The aim is to attract tourists from West Bengal and the north-eastern states.
1. Pitch to MOVE-Competition
- NITI Aayog has launched ‘Pitch to MOVE’-a mobility pitch competition.
- This aims to provide budding entrepreneurs in the various fields of mobility, an opportunity to pitch in their business ideas to a distinguished jury.
2. Chandrayaan-2 aka ‘Vikram’
- Chandrayaan-2 to be named as ‘Vikram’ after the late Vikram Sarabhai.
- This proposal of ISRO has been accepted by space commission.
3. Skills on Wheels project
- It was launched by Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh.
- Chhattisgarh now became the first to provide Right to Skills Development to the youth.
4. The Cleanest Railway station in India
- Two railway stations in Rajasthan, Jodhpur and Marwar, have emerged as the cleanest railway stations in the third cleanliness survey released today.
- Jodhpur has emerged as the cleanest station in A1 station category. Last year, Visakhapatnam was at the first spot. Marwar is the cleanest station in A category stations.
1. 100 wickets at Lord’s
- James Anderson has became the first bowler to take 100 wickets at Lord’s.
- This was achieved during the the second Test against India.
2. Rogers Cup 2018
- Rafael Nadal(Spain) clinched the Rogers Cup in Toronto.
- He defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas(Greek).
3. VP of South West Asian Football Federation (SWAFF)
- Subrata Dutta is elected as a vice president of SWAFF.
- SWAFF has 10 member :India, Maldives, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Kuwait, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Yemen.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,14 August
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14