h2>Daily Current Affairs 14 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Petition website for Aadhaar linking complaints launched
- Speak For Me, has been launched for complaints against receiving continuous Aadhaar-linking calls and texts.
- Other than the service providers, the consumer can send the complaint mail to Members of Parliament as well.
2. Coach with LCD screens to be added to Shatabdi
- The coach features bucket seats, LCD entertainment screens, designer bio-toilets and automatic doors.
- The coach was built at a cost exceeding Rs.2.8 crore.
3. Chandigarh launches smart city cards to aid utility payments
- The smart city cards are for facilitating payments for various govt and commercial utilities in the Union Territory.
- The card can be availed by Aadhar card holders for Rs.500 and a user cash transfer upto Rs.50,000 to the card.
1. Norway becomes 1st nation to shut national broadcasts on FM
- Norway became the first country to do so by completing its transition to digital radio.
- The transition concerns only national radio channels.
2. Suicide bomber kills 13 police officers in Somalia
- A suicide bomber dressed up in a police uniform detonated himself inside a police training camp.
- The Islamist militant group al-Shabaab, which aims to topple the UN-backed Somalian govt has claimed responsibility for the attack.
3.India to get $250 mn loan from World Bank for skilling plans.
- World Bank will provide USD 250 million loan to India for skill development programme to support livelihood.
- India signed a loan agreement with World Bank under ‘Skills Acquisition and Knowledge Awareness for Livelihood Promotion’ (SANKALP) Project
4.J.K. Rowling named royal Companion of Honor by Prince William
- Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling received the honor from Prince William at a Buckingham Palace ceremony.
- Rowling said she was “deeply honored and proud” to receive the title, which is limited to 65 people “of distinction.”
1. Disney acquires entertainment assets of Fox for $52 billion
- The Walt Disney Company will acquire 21st Century Fox’s entertainment assets in a deal worth $52.4 billion.
- Bob Iger will remain the Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company through 2021.
2.I-T Dept conducts surveys at Bitcoin exchanges across India
- The Income Tax Department conducted surveys at nine Bitcoin exchanges across India on suspicion of alleged tax evasion.
- Bitcoin is currently not regulated in India.
3.Swiggy acqui-hires 48East
- Food ordering and delivery platform Swiggy announced that it has acqui-hired Bengaluru-based gourmet Asian food start-up 48East.
- Founders of 48East, Joseph Cherian & Nabhojit Ghosh, will join Swiggy’s New Supply business line.
4. RBI imposes 3 crore penalty on IndusInd Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has imposed Rs 3 crore penalty on IndusInd BankBSE 0.30 % for breaching rules on income classification norms.
- A statement issued by RBI said that the penalty was imposed after the regulator observed violation of various regulations issued by the RBI on non-performing loans and extension of non-fund based limits.
1. Cook breaks Sachin’s record of youngest to play 150 Tests
- England captain Alastair Cook achieved the feat at the age of 32.
- Sachin played his 150th Test at the age of 35.
2. Govt approves aid for boxer who fought Muhammad Ali
- Kaur Singh is the only Indian boxer to have fought Muhammad Ali.
- Sports Minister has sanctioned Rs.5 lakh for his treatment.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,14 December
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15