Daily Current Affairs 14 December 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 December 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 December 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 December 2018 Current affairs test.
1. New FTII President
- Brijendra Pal Singh has been appointed as the New President of Film and Television Institute of India.
- Brijendra Pal Singh or B.P. Singh is an Indian television producer, who owns the Fireworks Productions. He is the creator and director-producer of the Indian TV series C.I.D, the longest running TV series in India, which started CID Gallantry Awards in 2010.
- The Film and Television Institute of India is an autonomous institute under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of the Government of India and aided by the Central Government of India. It is situated on the premises of the erstwhile Prabhat Film Company in Pune.
2. India’s first Submarine Rescue System
- Indian Navy has inducted first Submarine Rescue System with Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel (DSRV) at western naval dockyard in Mumbai.
- A deep-submergence rescue vehicle is a type of deep-submergence vehicle used for rescue of downed submarines and clandestine missions. While DSRV is the term most often used by the United States Navy, other nations have different designations for their vehicles.
3. New CM Appointments
- Telangana:- K Chandrashekar Rao (Telangana Rashtra Samithi)
- Mizoram:- Zoramthanga (Mizo National Front)
- Madhaya Pradesh :- Kamalnath (Congress)
4. National Energy Conservation Day
- The 28th National Energy Conservation Day is celebrated on 14th December, 2018.
- The Energy Conservation Day is organized on 14th December each year by Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), under Ministry of Power, with an aim to demonstrate India’s achievements in energy efficiency and conservation.
1. World Monkey Day
- World Monkey Day is observed on December 14.
- Monkey Day is an unofficial international holiday celebrated on December 14. The holiday was created and popularized by artists Casey Sorrow and Eric Millikin when they were art students at Michigan State University.
2. World’s largest free trade agreement
- European Parliament has approved a free trade deal between Japan and the European Union which is said to be the World’s largest free trade agreement.
- It will be an open trading zone that covers 635 million people and almost one-third of the world’s total GDP.
3. Yemen’s civil war
- The Yemeni Civil War is an ongoing conflict that began in 2015 between two factions: the then-incumbent Yemeni government, led by Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi, and the Houthi militia, along with their supporters and allies. Both claim to constitute the Yemeni government.
- Both Parties have agreed to a ceasefire for the port city of Hodeidah.
4. SIPRI Report
- Acc. to A Report from Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), United States is the largest arms producer followed by Russia.
- Russia Capital: Moscow, Currency: Russian Ruble.
1. Startup ‘HelpUsGreen’
- Startup ‘HelpUsGreen’ is honoured with Climate Action Award by United Nations at the Nations Climate Action award ceremony during the UN Climate Change Conference in Katowice, Poland.
- Startup ‘HelpUsGreen’ works to clean River Ganga by recycling tonnes of floral waste.
2. OPEC’s forecast for Global Economic Growth
- Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has forecasted for Global Economic Growth in 2018 at 3.7 % and at 3.5% for the next year.
- The Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries is an intergovernmental organisation of 15 nations, founded in 1960 in Baghdad by the first five members, and headquartered since 1965 in Vienna, Austria.
3. 4th edition of Partners’ Forum
- PM Modi has inaugurated the 4th edition of Partners’ Forum in New Delhi.
- It is hosted by the GOI with Partnership for Maternal, New-born and child Health (PMNCH).
- The Partnership for Maternal, New-born & Child Health is a multi-constituency partnership hosted by the World Health Organization and chaired by Graça Machel. PMNCH seeks to achieve universal access to comprehensive, high-quality reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health care
4. World’s top 100 arms producers
- World’s top 100 arms producers by SIPRI.
- 4 Indian Public Sector Undertakings have been placed in the list.
- 1. Indian Ordnance Factories (37th)
- 2. Hindustan Aeronautics (38th)
- 3. Bharat Electronics (64th)
- 4. Bharat Dynamics (94th)
- Lockheed Martin (USA) has remained the world’s largest arms producer company.
1. ICC’s New Sponsor
- International Cricket Council roped in ‘Royal Stag’ as official sponsor for next five years in a deal of worth $5-6 million per year.
- The deal is signed with Pernod Ricard India Pvt Ltd who are the makers of whiskey brand Royal Stag.
2. Hockey World Cup 2018
- India is out of Hockey World Cup 2018 after losing the quarterfinals to the Netherlands.
- The Host The Kalinga Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India. Its foundation stone was laid by former chief minister of Odisha Late Biju Patnaik in 1978. It is situated in the heart of Bhubaneswar near Nayapalli area.
3. Hockey Series
- Odisha (Bhubaneswar) is set to host one of the three ‘Hockey Series’ Finals to be held from June 6 to 16 2019.
- The Hockey Series is an international field hockey competition organised by the International Hockey Federation (FIH). The competition, also serves as a qualifier for the Hockey World Cup (men and women’s) and Olympic Games. The first edition will be started in 2018.
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14