Daily Current Affairs 14 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Book : ‘What Marx Left Unsaid’
- ‘What Marx Left Unsaid’ is authored by Malay Chaudhuri, Arindam Chaudhuri and Che Kabir Chaudhuri.
- Former Union Minister Manish Tewari has launched book named ‘What Marx Left Unsaid’.
2. Book ‘Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India’
- Book ‘Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India’ is authored by former Finance Minister P Chidambaram.
- Former Vice President Hamid Ansari has launched a book named ‘Undaunted: Saving the Idea of India’.
3. Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna- MVPY
- Bihar Govt. has launched a Universal Old Age Pension Scheme ‘Mukhyamantri Vridhajan Pension Yojna- MVPY’.
- 400 rupees monthly pension irrespective of caste, religion or community.
4. National Cancer Institute, Jhajjar
- PM Modi has inaugurated the National Cancer Institute (NCI) at Badhsa, Jhajjar, in Haryana.
- NCI is the largest investment by the Government in a single hospital project and holds the distinction of being one of the mega healthcare project.
1. International Dam Safety Conference 2019
- The 5th International Dam Safety Conference–2019 has started in Bhubaneswar.
- International Dam Safety Conference–2019 is a joint initiative of the Government of India, Government of Odisha and the World Bank.
2. Ambassador of India to Bhutan
- Ruchira Kamboj has been appointed as the Ambassador of India to Bhutan.
- Ruchira Kamboj is currently serving as the High Commissioner of India to South Africa.
3. Lower Arun Hydropower Project
- Government of India will construct Lower Arun Hydropower Project in Nepal with a capacity of 400 Megawatts.
- Capital: Kathmandu || Currency: Nepalese rupee || Prime minister: Khadga Prasad Oli
4. International Conference on Unani Medicine
- International Conference on Unani Medicine was held in New Delhi.
- It was organised by Central Council for Research in Unani Medicine (CCRUM), under Ministry of AYUSH.
- Theme :- ‘Integration of Unani System of Medicine in main stream healthcare’.
1. Air India CMD
- Ashwani Lohani has been re-appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director of Air India.
- He replaced PS Kharola.
2. CREDAI YouthCon -19
- PM Modi has addressed the CREDAI YouthCon -19 at Talkatora Stadium, New Delhi.
- It is organized by the Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Association of India, CREDAI.
- Theme :- ‘Next Generation’.
- The Confederation of Real Estate Developers Association of India or CREDAI (Headquarters: New Delhi) is the apex body of all registered real estate builders and developers in India. It was set up in 1999 and as of 2017, it has 11940 members and has 23 state level chapters and 177 city level chapters.
3. ‘NCAER-State Investment Potential Index 2018’ (N-SIPI)
- Kerala has emerged an achiever in ‘NCAER-State Investment Potential Index 2018’ (N-SIPI).
- ‘NCAER-State Investment Potential Index 2018’ (N-SIPI) is released by National Council of Applied Economic Research at ASCEND KERALA 2019 in Kochi.
4. Indo-German Environment Forum
- New Delhi will host the 3rd Indo-German Environment Forum on 13th Feb.
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change || Union Minister: Harsh Vardhan || Minister of state: Mahesh Sharma
1. MRF Challenge Series
- Jamie Chadwick (British) has become the first female winner of the MRF Challenge Series.
- MRF Challenge, is an open-wheel motorsport formula based in India organized by Madras Motor Sports Club.
2. Gardon Banks passes away
- England’s Goalkeeper Gordon Banks has passed away at 81.
- Gordon Banks was an English professional footballer who played as a goalkeeper. He made 628 appearances during a 15-year career in the Football League, and won 73 caps for England, highlighted by starting every game of the nation’s 1966 World Cup victory.
3. National Games 2022
- Clouded Leopard will be the Mascot for National Games 2022.
- Meghalaya will host the 2022 National Games.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14