Daily Current Affairs 14 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. First state to implement the 10% Quota Bill
- Gujarat has become the first state to implement the 10% reservation for weaker sections of the UR category (Economically).
- Capital: Gandhinagar || Chief minister: Vijay Rupani || Governor: Om Prakash Kohli || Official song: Jai Jai Garavi Gujarat
2. The 6th ‘Women of India Organic Festival
- Ministry of Women and Child Development has organised the 6th ‘Women of India Organic Festival’ at Leisure Valley, Chandigarh.
- It will promote women farmers and entrepreneurs in the organic sector.
3. Right to Disconnect Bill
- ‘Right to Disconnect’ Bill was introduced by MP Supriya Sule in the Lok Sabha.
- This bill gives employees the right to not respond to communication from employers outside of office hours.
- Supriya Sule is an Indian politician from the Nationalist Congress Party and currently a Member of Parliament in the 16th Lok Sabha. She is the daughter of the President of the Nationalist Congress Party, Sharad Pawar. In 2009, she contested the elections for the Baramati Lok Sabha constituency and won.
4. Armed Forces Veterans Day
- Armed Forces Veterans Day is observed on Jan 14
- This Day is commemorated in the memory of first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Field Marshal K M Cariappa in 1953.
1. Republic of Northern Macedonia
- Macedonia Parliament has passed the resolution to rename the country as the Republic of Northern Macedonia.
- President : Gjorge Ivanov || Prime Minister : Zoran Zaev || Currency : Macedonian denar || Capital : Skopje
2. Tulsi Gabbard will run for US President Election in 2020
- She is an American politician serving as the U.S. Representative for Hawaii’s 2nd congressional district since 2013. A member of the Democratic Party.
- She is the first Samoan-American member and the first Hindu member of the United States Congress.
3. Pakistan to be terminated from ‘Major non-NATO ally’
- USA has introduced a bill to terminate Pakistan’s designation as a ‘Major non-NATO ally’.
- Major non-NATO ally (MNNA) is a designation given by the United States government to close allies that have strategic working relationships with the US Armed Forces but are not members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
- Pakistan was named by George W. Bush in 2004.
4. Exercise IMBEX 2018-19
- The 2nd Edition of India-Myanmar bilateral Army exercise ‘IMBEX 2018-19’ has commenced at Chandimandir military station, Chandigarh.
- Capital: Naypyidaw || Currency: Burmese kyat || President: Win Myint
1. SEBI’s “Research Advisory” committee
- SEBI has constituted a Research Advisory Committee headed by Dr. Sankar De and comprising of prominent financial economists and market practitioners as members.
- The scope and direction of research relevant for development and regulation of capital markets in India and for SEBI, especially keeping in view the linkage of research to policy making.
2. Lead Independent Director of Infosys
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw has been re-appointed as Lead Independent Director of Infosys for 5 years.
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw is an Indian billionaire entrepreneur. She is the chairperson and managing director of Biocon Limited, a biotechnology company based in Bangalore, India and the chairperson of Indian Institute of Management Bangalore.
- Biocon Limited is an Indian biopharmaceutical company based in Bangalore, India. The Company manufactures generic active pharmaceutical ingredients that are sold in over 120 countries across the globe, including the developed markets of the United States and Europe.
3. New Chief Information Officer and spokesperson of the CBI
- Nitin Wakankar has been appointed as the new CIO and spokesperson of the CBI.
- The Central Bureau of Investigation is the premier investigating agency of India. Operating under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, the CBI is headed by the Director.
4. Secretary General of National Human Rights Commission
- Jaideep Govind has been appointed as SG of National Human Rights Commission.
- The National Human Rights Commission of India is an autonomous public body constituted on 12 October 1993 under the Protection of Human Rights Ordinance of 28 September 1993. It was given a statutory basis by the Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
1. Premier Badminton League
- Bengaluru Raptors have won Premier Badminton League by defeating Mumbai Rockets.
- Premier Badminton League is a franchise league; Sportz & Live Private Limited has the rights to operate and execute the Premier Badminton League. It was named Indian Badminton League when founded in 2013 then later rechristened to Premier Badminton League before the start of 2nd season in 2016.
2. Khelo India Youth Games
- Khelo India Youth Games has been concluded in Pune.
- Maharashtra topped the medal tally with 111 medals in which 37 gold, 31 silver and 43 bronze.
- Delhi is at 2nd position with 35 gold and Haryana is at third position with 29 gold.
3. Shooter Abhinav Shaw
- Abhinav Shaw (10 year old) has become the Youngest Gold Medallist in shooting at the Khelo India Games.
- Khelo India Youth Games, formerly Khelo India School Games, meaning Play India Youth Games, held annually in January or February, are the national level multidisciplinary grass-root games in India held for two categories, namely under-17 years school students and under-21 college students.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,14 January
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15
- Daily Current Affairs: January 16
- Daily Current Affairs: January 17
- Daily Current Affairs: January 18
- Daily Current Affairs: January 19
- Daily Current Affairs: January 20
- Daily Current Affairs: January 21
- Daily Current Affairs: January 22
- Daily Current Affairs: January 23
- Daily Current Affairs: January 24
- Daily Current Affairs: January 25
- Daily Current Affairs: January 26
- Daily Current Affairs: January 27
- Daily Current Affairs: January 28
- Daily Current Affairs: January 29
- Daily Current Affairs: January 30
- Daily Current Affairs: January 31