Daily Current Affairs 14 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018
- Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS) has launched Swachh Survekshan Grameen 2018 (SSG 2018).
- The objective of SSG 2018 is to undertake ranking of states and districts on basis of their performance attained on key quantitative and qualitative Swachh Bharat Mission-Grameen parameters. The rankings will be based on taking into account set of comprehensive cleanliness parameters.
2. President nominates four members to Rajya Sabha
- Ram Shakal: He is an eminent people’s leader and public representative from Uttar Pradesh, who has devoted his life for the welfare and well-being of the Dalit community.
- Rakesh Sinha: A respected and widely read author, Shri Rakesh Sinha is the Founder and Honorary Director of the Delhi-based think-tank “India Policy Foundation.”
- Raghunath Mohapatra: He is an internationally renowned authority on stone carving. Practicing since 1959, he has trained over 2000 students.
- Sonal Mansingh: She is among India’s foremost exponents of Indian Classical Dance. She has been performing Bharatnatyam and Odissi for over six decades.
3. Shivraj Singh Chauhan inaugurated National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) 250 MW Solar Power Plant
- Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan inaugurated National Thermal Power Corporation Limited 250 MW Solar Power Plant in Mandsaur.
- This is one of the biggest solar plant developed using domestically manufactured Solar cells and modules under the Make in India initiative.
4. Consolidated Bridge Management System
- Railways launched first consolidated Bridge Management System, a web-enabled IT application to store data of one lakh 50 thousand bridges.
- This service was launched in New Delhi for “meaningful assimilation, analysis and dissemination of information related to various activities” about bridges.
1. 6th meeting of BRICS Education Ministers
- The 6th meeting of BRICS Education Ministers was recently held at Cape Town, South Africa. Union Minister of State for HRD, Dr Satya Pal Singh represented India in this meeting.
- Theme: “Deepening BRICS Education Partnerships and Exchanges”.
2. Donald Trump to be invited for the Chief Guest for next year’s Republic Day
- India has invited US President Donald Trump to be the Chief Guest for next year’s Republic Day parade.
- Ex-US President Barack Obama was the Chief Guest for the 2015 Republic Day parade.
3. India and US will hold their first-ever 2-2 dialogue in the first week
- India and US will hold their first-ever 2-2 dialogue in the first week of September.
- The talks will be in between India’s Ministers for External Affairs and Defence and the US Secretaries of State and Defence.
1. Compulsory provision to have purchaser’s name on the face of demand draft, pay order etc.
- RBI has made it compulsory to incorporate purchaser’s name on the face of demand draft, pay order, banker’s cheques and other instruments.
- It has done to prevent money laundering.
2. Industrial Production Growth Slips 3.2%
- Industrial production growth slipped to a seven-month low of 3.2% in May.
- According to the data released by the Central Statistics Office, due to sluggish performance of manufacturing and power sectors and other reasons.
3. Social Media Hub
- Supreme Court has taken a strong note of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry’s decision to set up a social media hub for monitoring online data and said that it will be like creating a surveillance state.
- The hub proposes to monitor social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and even email) handles at the very local level in multiple languages to carry out “sentiment analysis”.
1. World Wide release of ‘Winning like Sourav: Think & Succeed like Ganguly’ Book
- Written by Abhirup Bhattacharya, The book has a story about Sourav Ganguly gambling on young players like Yuvraj, Zaheer, Sehwag, Harbhajan with their International Matches
- The author has previously wrote “Winning Like Virat: Think & Success Like Kohli”.
2. Assam’s sports ambassador
- Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal has announced that Indian sprinter Hima Das will be named the state’s sports ambassador.
- She won 400m gold medal at the IAAF World Under-20 Athletics Championships.
3. Cricketer Mohammad Kaif retired
- Mohammad Kaif announces retirement from competitive cricket.
- He made it to the national team on the strength of his performances at the Under-19 level, where he captained the Indian team to victory in the Under-19 World Cup in 2000.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14