Daily Current Affairs 14 June 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 14 June 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 14 June 2017, we would recommend to you to try 14 June 2017 Current affairs test.
Important Days and Dates
World Blood Donor Day: June-14
World Blood Donor Day is celebrated in countries around the world every year on 14 June. The event, established in 2004, serves to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products, and to thank blood donors for their voluntary, life-saving gifts of blood.
Theme of 2017 World Blood Donor Day – Give Blood. Give Now. Give Often
1. Maharashtra Govt Gives Immediate Relief to Farmers
- Small and marginal farmers in Maharashtra will be provided immediate financial assistance of up to Rs. 10,000 to help them start the sowing operations for the ensuing kharif season.
- This amount of up to Rs. 10,000 will be adjusted later when the farmers avail fresh crop loans.
- The nationalised and district central cooperative banks would be provided bank guarantee by the government.
- There was an ongoing agitation by farmers in Maharashtra, due to which the government also announced a blanket loan waiver which would bring relief to 31 Lakh farmers.
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra
2. Book on the life of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee unveiled
- A book named ‘Yug Purush, Bharat Ratna, Atal ji’ was unveiled by former Uttarakhand chief minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank, the author of the book.
- The book chronicles the social and political life of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- The first copy of the 450 page book, which will be launched soon, was presented to President Pranab Mukherjee.
3. Arun Jaitley on a 4-day official visit to Republic of Korea
- The Minister for Finance, Corporate Affairs and Defence, Arun Jaitley, is in Korea to participate in the India-Korea Strategic Economic Dialogue and the 2nd Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of AIIB.
- He Co-chaired the Fifth India-Korea Financial Dialogue with newly-appointed Deputy Prime Minister and the Finance Minister of the Republic of Korea, Mr Kim Dong-yeon.
- Both India and Korea agree that both countries should try to increase efforts to stimulate investment flows, support for infrastructure development, and bilateral trade among others.
4. Telangana Launches Pashu Bazaar
- To help farmers in the buying and selling of cattle online, the Telangana government launched the website pashubazar.telangana.gov.in
- The state govt said that this would help save the farmers transportation cost as they don’t need to keep taking their cattle to markets.
- A Farmer can keep maximum five registrations for sale at any time and each registration on the website will only be valid for 30 days, following which it will be removed automatically.
1. India and Armenia Sign MOU
- An MOU Signed between India and Armenia in April 2017 has been approved by the Indian Government.
- The MOU is for the co operation of youth matters and shall remain in force for a period of five years.
- The objective of the MoU is to strengthen and encourage cooperation between the two countries on youth matters through participation in events and activities organized by the parties, information and knowledge sharing, and youth exchanges between the two countries.
- Capital of Armenia: Yerevan
2. World’s leading scientist Michael A’Hearn honoured by NASA
- The Exceptional Public Service Medal has been posthumously awarded to one of the world’s leading comet scientist, Michael A’Hearn.
- A’Hearn died May 29 at his home in University Park, Maryland at the age of 76 and he was famous as principal investigator of NASA’s Deep Impact mission.
- The Medal was awarded to him for fundamental work on comets and small bodies of solar system, leadership in space missions, and ensuring public access to data from NASA missions and related projects.
1. Google Reigns Supreme as the most valuable brand
- The BrandZ top 100 Most Valuable Global Brands list has been released and the technology giant, Google has topped it with a brand value of over 245 billion USD.
- The various brands among the top 5 most valuable brands are US tech giants Apple, Microsoft, and Facebook.
- The highest dollar value growth, increasing by 40.3 billion USD to $139.3 billion USD, has been achieved by Amazon and due to this; it rose three places in the ranking.
2. Ola raises $50 mn from New York-based hedge fund
- As part of the company’s ongoing funding round, the popular cab hailing app Ola has raised about 50 million dollars (Rs 322 crore) from New York based hedge fund Tekne Capital Management LLC
- Ola’s valuation in February was 3.5 billion dollars and it has now become about 3.65 billion dollars
- The Bangalore based company had raised Rs 670 crore in a fresh round of funding from Ratan Tata’s venture fund RNT Capital Advisers LLP and US hedge fund Falcon Edge Capital LP last month.
1. Virat Kohli regaind top spot in ICC ODI Rankings
- Virat Kohli has beaten Warner and de Villiers to reclaim top spot in the latest ICC ODI rankings for batsmen. Kohli had entered the tournament 22 points behind number-one ranked AB de Villiers of South Africa, who had been No.1 and 19 points behind Australia’s David Warner.
- The main reason for the same has been his consistent performance in the ongoing Champions Trophy.
- Indian spinners have slipped in the latest rankings with Ravichandran Ashwin dropping two places to 20th and Ravindra Jadeja falling three places to 29th. Also, Fast bowler Bhuvneshwar Kumar is ranked 23rd, Umesh Yadav 41st.
2. Pakistan reaches Champions Trophy final for the first time
- The hosts of the champion trophy, England were defeated by 8 wickets by Pakistan.
- This is a historic win by Pakistan as it has resulted in them reaching the final of the Champions Trophy tournament for the first time.
- Pakistan last played the final of an ICC ODI tournament 18 years ago, in the 1999 World Cup.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30