Daily Current Affairs 14 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Erode turmeric gets GI Tag
- Erode Turmeric of Tamil Nadu has got a Geographical Indication (GI) tag.
- GI tag is name or sign used on certain products which correspond to specific geographical location or origin. In India, GI tag Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection Act), 1999 governs it.
- World Intellectual Property Organization is one of the 15 specialized agencies of the United Nations. WIPO was created in 1967 ’to encourage creative activity, to promote the protection of intellectual property throughout the world’.
2. Chairman of River Trust in MP
- Madhya Pradesh Govt. has appointed Namdev Tyagi as chairman of a river trust in the State.
- Namdeo Das Tyagi (also known as Computer Baba) is an Indian Hindu ascetic. Currently he is chairman of ‘Ma Narmada, Ma Kshipra and Ma Mandaknini River Trust’ in MP, appointed by the Congress-led Kamal Nath government. He was also a Minister of State in the Shivraj Singh Chouhan Ministry.
3. Internet of Things India Congress
- The 4th Edition of Internet of Things (IoT) India Congress will be held in Bengaluru in August 2019.
- The Internet of things refers to the concept of extending Internet connectivity beyond conventional computing platforms such as personal computers and mobile devices, and into any range of traditionally “dumb” or non-internet-enabled physical devices and everyday objects.
4. Kusumagraj Rashtriya Sahitya Puruskar
- Novelist and Film Director Ved Rahi will be awarded with Kusumagraj Rashtriya Sahitya Puruskar.
- Ved Rahi an Indian film director and novelist, was born in Jammu on 22 May 1933. His father, Lala Mulk Raj Saraf, had the distinction of starting, in 1924, the first ever newspaper in the princely state of Jammu and Kashmir. Inspired by the family environment, Ved Rahi began writing in Urdu from the early days.
5. India Smart Utility Week (ISUW) 2019
- AK Bhalla, Secretary Ministry of Power has inaugurated India Smart Utility Week (ISUW) 2019
- ISUW 2019 is organized by India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF).
1. ‘Wetland of International Importance’
- Indian Sundarban was accorded with the status of ‘Wetland of International Importance’ in the Ramsar Convention.
- The Ramsar Convention on Wetlands of International Importance especially as Waterfowl Habitat is an international treaty for the conservation and sustainable use of wetlands. It is also known as the Convention on Wetlands. It is named after the city of Ramsar in Iran, where the Convention was signed in 1971.
- Indian Sundarban is also a UNESCO world heritage site, is home to the Royal Bengal Tiger.
- The Sundarbans is a mangrove area in the delta formed by the confluence of Ganges, Brahmaputra and Meghna Rivers in the Bay of Bengal. It spans from the Hooghly River in India’s state of West Bengal to the Baleswar River in Bangladesh.
2. Parliamentary Union of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation’s New Deputy Chairman
- Pakistan has become Deputy Chairman of Parliamentary Union of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation.
- The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation is an international organization founded in 1969, consisting of 57 member states, with a collective population of over 1.8 billion as of 2015 with 40 countries being Muslim Majority countries.
3. World Kidney Day 2019
- World Kidney Day is observed annually on the 2nd Thursday in March.
- World Kidney Day is a global health awareness campaign focusing on the importance of the kidneys and reducing the frequency and impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide.
- Theme :- ‘Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere’.
4. University of Birmingham with IIT Delhi
- Experts of the University of Birmingham and the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi have collaborate to tackle air pollution in Delhi.
- The University of Birmingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom. It received its royal charter in 1900 as a successor to Queen’s College, Birmingham and Mason Science College, making it the first English civic or ‘red brick’ university to receive its own royal charter.
1. First PSU Bank to launch Day-Care facility for employees’ children
- Bank of Baroda has becomes first PSU Bank to launch Day-Care facility for employees’ children.
- Bank of Baroda is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company. It is owned by Government of India and headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat. It has a corporate office in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Based on 2017 data, it is ranked 1145 on Forbes Global 2000 list.
- Headquarters: Alkapuri, Vadodara || CEO: P. S. Jayakumar
2. New Chairman of the Agricultural Scientific Recruitment Board
- Aditya Kumar Misra has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Agricultural Scientific Recruitment Board (ASRB).
3. HDFC Bank’s Market Capitalisation
- HDFC Bank Limited has crossed Rs 6 lakh crore Market Capitalisation for the first time.
- It has become third Indian company to achieve the milestone.
- 1. Reliance Industries (With Market Capitalisation of Rs 8.50 lakh crore)
- 2. TCS (With Market Capitalisation of Rs 7.50 lakh crore)
- HDFC Bank Limited is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- HDFC Bank is India’s largest private sector lender by assets.
- CEO: Aditya Puri || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: August 1994, India
4. Rahul Bajaj to step down
- Rahul Bajaj will step down as Chairman and Non-Executive Director of Bajaj Finserv.
- Vice-Chairman Nanoo Pamnani will take over as the new Chairman of Bajaj Finserv.
- Rahul Bajaj is an Indian billionaire businessman, politician and philanthropist. He is the chairman of Indian conglomerate Bajaj Group and Member of Parliament. Bajaj comes from the business house started by a Rajasthani Marwadi businessman Jamnalal Bajaj.
- Bajaj Finserv, a part of Bajaj Holdings & Investments Limited, is an Indian financial services company focused on lending, asset management, wealth management and insurance.
- Headquarters: Pune || Founder: Jamnalal Bajaj
- Jamnalal Bajaj was an Indian industrialist, a philanthropist, and Indian independence fighter. He founded the Bajaj Group of companies in the 1920s, and the group now has 24 companies, including six that are listed on the bourses. The group now has 24 companies, including 6 listed companies.
1. New Coach of Real Madrid CF
- Zinedine Zidane has been re-appointed as coach of Real Madrid (Spanish football club) till 2022.
- Real Madrid Club de Fútbol, commonly referred to as Real Madrid, is a Spanish professional football club based in Madrid. Founded on 6 March 1902 as the Madrid Football Club, the club has traditionally worn a white home kit since inception.
2. SAFF Women’s Championship
- The 5th South Asian Football Federation Women’s Championship has started in Biratnagar, Nepal.
- The SAFF Women’s Championship, also called the South Asian Football Federation Women’s Cup, is the main association football competition of the women’s national football teams governed by the South Asian Football Federation. Seven members currently compete in the tournament.
- Current champion: India women’s national football team || Most successful team(s): India (4 titles) || Number of teams: 7 (formerly 8) || Date founded: 2010 || Region: South Asian Football Federation
3. 50 KM Race Walk World Record
- Liu Hong from China has created world record in the 50 km race walk, finishing in 3 hours, 59 minutes and 15 seconds.
- Liu Hong is a Chinese female race walker. She is the world record holder over the Olympic 20 km distance with a time of 1:24:38 hours, set in 2015.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14