Daily Current Affairs 14 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Mumbai boy tops ICSE exam
- Swayam Das topped the exam with 99.4%.
- 98% of the students passed by securing at least 33%.
2. Petrol, diesel prices hiked
- The prices of petrol and diesel are raised by 17 paise and 21 paise per litre
- Petrol prices have reached highest since 2013, at Rs.74.80.
3. 53 people killed in thunderstorms
- 53 people died and 65 were injured in thunderstorms across India.
- Uttar Pradesh recorded 39 deaths, 9 in AP and 4 in West Bengal.
4. Karnataka records highest voter turnout
- The state witnessed a turnout rate of 72.13% for the polls conducted for 222 constituencies.
- Counting will take place on 15th May 2018.
1. India witnessed most Internet shutdowns
- According to UNESCO, India witnessed 82 shutdowns which is the maximum in South Asia.
- Pakistan had 12 Internet shutdowns.
2. Female Bishop of London
- Sarah Mullally is the 1st female Bishop of London in the Church of England.
- The legislation to allow female Bishops was adopted in 2014.
3. US may sanction EU companies
- US NSA John Bolton said that US can impose sanction on companies that trade with Iran.
- This comes after US withdrew from the Iran nuclear deal.
1. Wholesale inflation hits 3.18%
- The wholesale inflation rose to 4-month high of 3.18% against 2.47% in March.
- Fuel and power inflation grew 7.85%.
2. Jim Ratcliffe tops in UK rich list
- Chemical billionaire Jim Ratcliffe is worth 21.05 billion pounds.
- Hinduja brothers, Srichand and Gopichand ranked at 2 with 20.64 billion pounds.
3. Govt asks Allahabad bank to remove CEO
- The FM asked the bank to divest MD and CEO Usha Ananthasubramanian after she was charged in the Nirav Modi case.
- She headed PNB between Aug 2015 and May 2017.
1. Manchester city earns 100 points in PL season
- It is the 1st ever club in Premier League history to earn 100 points in a single season.
- The team’s 106 goals are the most by a team in the season.
2. Federer returns to World No 1
- Roger Federer returned to World No 1 in the ATP rankings.
- This comes after Rafael Nadal lost to Dominic Thiem in Madrid Open quarterfinals.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,14 May