Daily Current Affairs 14 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Chenab railway bridge can stand quakes, blasts
- The world’s highest bridge which is currently under construction over the Chenab river in J&K’s Reasi will be able to stand up to 8 magnitude earthquakes.
- The railways will put in place a security setup in consultation with defence forces.
2. Mumbai civic body to fund startups working on civic issues
- The BMC has planned to fund startups that provide modern solution to civic issues like solid waste management and traffic management.
- The civic body has selected a plot to start its first incubation hub that will house around 10 offices.
3. SC panel suggests ban on diesel vehicles in Delhi-NCR
- The Environment Pollution Authority panel has recommended the ban when pollution crosses ‘emergency levels’ in Delhi-NCR.
- The panel also suggested shutting down of thermal power plants during peak pollution days.
1. EU nations sign agreement to launch military alliance
- 23 EU nations signed the Permanent Structured Cooperation(PESCO) agreement that aims to boost defence cooperation among member states.
- The EU nations out of the pack include Britain, Denmark, Ireland, Portugal and Malta.
2. Barbie unveils its first-ever hijab-wearing doll
- Barbie doll manufacturer Mattel has unveiled its first-ever hijab-wearing doll in its 58-yr history.
- This is done to honour Ibtihaj Muhammad who in 2016 became the first American to compete in the Olympics while wearing a hijab.
3. Death toll from Iran-Iraq earthquake rises to over 450
- The death toll from the 7.3 magnitude earthquake which hit the Iran-Iraq border has risen to over 450.
- The earthquake in the world’s deadliest of the year and has also injured 7,000 others.
1. Wholesale inflation hits 6-month high in October
- The Wholesale Price Index increased to a 3.59% year-on-year in October.
- Wholesale food prices in October rose to 3.23% compared to 1.27% during the last year.
2. Airtel sells stake in Bharti Infratel
- Bharti Airtel has offloaded 83 million shares of its tower subsidiary Bharti Infratel for Rs.3,325 cr.
- Airtel and its wholly owned subsidiaries now together have an equity holding of 53.51% in the tower company.
3. India to become world’s 3rd largest economy by 2028 : BofA
- According to a report by Bank of America, India will take over Japan in nominal GDP by 2028.
- India has already overtaken Brazil and Russia to emerge as the 2nd largest BRICS economy.
1. Nadal withdraws from ATP finals
- Spain’s world number one tennis player Rafael Nadal has withdrawn form the season ending ATP World Tour Finals after losing the opening round match to David Goffin.
- He will be replaced by US Open semifinalist Pablo Carreno Busta, who is at world number 8.
2. Buffon retires as Italy miss out on WC
- Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon announced his international retirement after Italy failed to qualify for the FIFA World Cup.
- This is the only second time that the four-time World Cup champions failed to qualify for the tournament.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15