Daily Current Affairs 14 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. India International Silk Fair IISF -2018
- India International Silk Fair -2018 will begin in New Delhi on 16th October.
- Union Minister of Textiles, Smriti Irani, will inaugurate the 6th edition of IISF.
- India is the 2nd largest producer of silk in the world. The silk industry is agriculture based and labour intensive and provides gainful employment to around 8 million in rural areas.
2. India Corruption Survey 2018
- According to the survey, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Tamil Nadu are the most corrupt states in India.
- Survey was conducted by Transparency International India in 15 states and UTs.
- Gujarat, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh are named as the least corrupt states.
3. ISRO with Central University of Jammu
- Both have signed an MOU to setup Satish Dhawan Center for Space Science in the Central University of Jammu.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru || Founder: Vikram Sarabhai || Founded: 15 August 1969 || Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
4. Kavach- an Anti-Terrorist Force
- Haryana Govt. has inducted an Anti-Terrorist Force ‘Kavach’.
- Selected Haryana police officers will be trained by National Security Guard.
1. Exercise ‘Kamandag’
- The 3d Marine Expeditionary Brigade and Armed Forces of the Philippines opened exercise KAMANDAG 2 with a ceremony at the Subic Bay International Airport. KAMANDAG 2 will take place October 1 to 10, 2018, at multiple locations on the island of Luzon.
- KAMANDAG 2 is an exercise between the Republic of the Philippines and the United States which also features participation from Japan. Japan has recently joined for the first time since World War II.
2. United Nations’ Human Rights Council
- India has been elected to the United Nations’ Human Rights Council in Asia-Pacific category for three years from January 1, 2019.
- India has secured 188 votes which is the highest vote among all candidates.
3. World Migratory Bird Day
- World Migratory Bird Day was observed on October 13th.
- Theme :- ‘Unifying our Voices for Bird Conservation’.
- Year of the Bird. 2018 is the Year of the Bird at National Geographic! It’s our year-long celebration of our feathered friends.
1. World standards day
- World standards day is observed on october-14-2018.
- World Standards Day 2018 Theme : ‘Innovation Nation’.
1. World’s Most Innovative University
- Stanford University is named as World’s Most Innovative University.
- 1. Stanford University, US
- 2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), US
- 3. Harvard University, US
- The rankings are published by Reuters news agency rankings.
2. 6th RCEP Inter-sessional Ministerial Meeting
- The 6th RCEP Inter-sessional Ministerial Meeting (IMM) was held in Singapore.
- Minister of State for Commerce and Industry and Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution C. R. Chaudhary attended the meeting.
3. NITI Aayog with Microsoft
- NITI Aayog has drafted an agreement with Microsoft India to deploy AI technologies in agriculture and healthcare.
- Website: niti.gov.in || Formed: 1 January 2015 || Objectives: Foster involvement and participation in the economic policy-making process by the State Governments of India || Jurisdiction: Government of India || Headquarters: New Delhi || CEO: Amitabh Kant
1. Asian Para Games
- India is ranked at 9th in the Medal table with a total of 72 Medals (15 Gold || 24 Silver || 33 Bronze).
- China has topped the Medal Table.
2. 2018 Sultan of Johor Cup
- Great Britain defeated India 3-2 in the final.
- The 2018 Sultan of Johor Cup will be the eighth edition of the Sultan of Johor Cup, a field hockey tournament. It will be held in Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia.
3. Vijay Hazare Trophy
- The Vijay Hazare Trophy, also known as the Ranji One Day Trophy, was started in 2002–03 as a limited-overs cricket domestic competition involving state teams from the Ranji Trophy plates. It is named after the famous Indian cricketer Vijay Hazare. Tamil Nadu have won the trophy 5 times.
- Delhi and Mumbai are in semi-finals.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14