Daily Current Affairs 14 September 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14 September 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14 September 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14 September 2019 Current affairs test.
1. VISITOR’S AWARDS, 2019
- The President of India, in his capacity as Visitor of the Central Universities, annually confers Visitor’s Awards to promote healthy competition amongst Central Universities and motivate them to adopt best practices from around the world in pursuit of excellence.
- The winners for Visitor’s Awards 2019 for research in various fields were announced by President’s Secretariat.
- 1. Professor SibnathDeb : He is from Pondicherry University.
- 2. Professor Sanjay Puri : He is from School of Physical Sciences in Jawaharlal Nehru University
- 3. Professor AsadUllahKhan : He is from Inter-disciplinary Biotechnology Unit in Aligarh Muslim University (AMU).
- 4. Dr Partima : She is from Special Centre for Nanoscience in Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- 5. Dr Shaon Ray Chaudhuri : She is from Department of Microbiology in Tripura University.
2. ‘PadMan’ Arunachalam Muruganathan
- Arunachalam Muruganathan is the real ‘PadMan’ and a social entrepreneur.
- Arunachalam Muruganantham is a social entrepreneur from Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu, India. He is the inventor of a low-cost sanitary pad-making machine and is credited for innovating grassroots mechanisms for generating awareness about traditional unhygienic practices around menstruation in rural India.
- Akshay Kumar-starrer ‘PadMan’ in 2018 was a biopic on Arunachalam.
- Arunachalam Muruganathan has been selected to receive 2019 ‘Power, Together Award’ 2019 by Women Leaders Global Forum at Reykjavik, Iceland.
3. Principal Secretary to Prime Minister
- P.K. Mishra, currently functioning as Additional Principal Secretary to Prime Minister, now has been appointed as Principal Secretary to Prime Minister by Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
- He currently is the Principal Secretary to the Prime Minister of India.
4. Principal Advisor to Prime Minister
- P.K. Sinha has been appointed as Principal Advisor to Prime Minister of India.
- P.K. Sinha is currently functioning as officer on special duty (OSD) in the Prime Minister’s Office
5. Hindi Diwas
- Hindi Divas is an annual day celebrated on 14 September in India to celebrate Hindi as a popular language of India.
- Hindi Divas is celebrated on 14 September, to commemorate the adoption of Hindi written in Devanagari script as one of the two official languages of the Republic of India by Constituent Assembly of India .
1. UN mission in Hodeidah
- United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has appointed Lieutenant General Abhijit Guha (Retired) as the head of United Nations Mission in Hodeidah, Yemen.
- The United Nations is an intergovernmental organization tasked with maintaining international peace and security, developing friendly relations among nations, achieving international co-operation, and being a centre for harmonizing the actions of nations.
2. Zayed II Order to Navdeep Singh Suri
- India’s ambassador to United Arab Emirates, Navdeep Singh Suri has been conferred with Order of Zayed II.
- The Order of Zayed is the United Arab Emirates’ highest civil decoration named after Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
3. New Member of International Solar Alliance
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines has become the 79th country to join India-led International Solar Alliance.
- The International Solar Alliance is an alliance of more than 122 countries initiated by India, most of them being sunshine countries, which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
- Founded: 2015 || Founded at: Paris, France || Membership: All members of UN || Director General: H.E. UpendraTripathy || Headquarters: Gwal Pahari, Gurugram, Haryana, India
1. International Finance Corporation with Finance Industry Development Council
- International Finance Corporation has signed an MoU with Finance Industry Development Council (FIDC), India to collaborate on training of NBFCs.
- Finance Industry Development Council is a representative body of asset and loan Financing NBFCs in India.
- The International Finance Corporation is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in less developed countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington DC.
- Executive Vice President & CEO of IFC: Philippe Le Houérou
2. Indian Institute of Skills
- Minister of state for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship MahendraNath Pandey has laid the foundation stone for Indian Institute of Skills (IIS) at Mumbai.
- Government of India had given its nod to set up Indian Institute of Skills (IISs) in 3 cities namely, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Kanpur to boost Skill India Mission.
3. Fellow of the Royal Society
- Cipla Chairman Dr Yusuf Hamied has been inducted as an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Society for his service to the cause of science..
- Fellowship of the Royal Society is an award granted to individuals that the Royal Society of London judges to have made a ‘substantial contribution to the improvement of natural knowledge, including mathematics, engineering science, and medical science’.
- Country: United Kingdom || Sponsor: Royal Society
4. H5N1 Avian Influenza
- India has been declared free from H5N1 avian influenza commonly known as Bird Flu by OIE-World Organisation for Animal Health.
- Bird flu, or avian influenza, is a viral infection spread from bird to bird.
1. Knighthoods to English Cricketers
- Cricketers Geoffrey Boycott and Andrew Strauss have been given Knighthoods by Theresa May.
- The England and Wales Cricket Board is the governing body of cricket in England and Wales. It was created on 1 January 1997 combining the roles of the Test and County Cricket Board, the National Cricket Association and the Cricket Council.
- Chairperson: Colin Graves || CEO: Tom Harrison || Women’s coach: Mark Robinson || Headquarters: London, United Kingdom || Men’s coach: Trevor Bayliss || Sport: Cricket
2. Track Asia Cup
- Indian Cyclist EsowAlben has won Gold Medal at Men’s Elite Keirin event at Track Asia Cup in New Delhi.
- Amarjeet Singh Nagi has won a bronze medal in the same event.
- Daily Current Affairs: September 1
- Daily Current Affairs: September 2
- Daily Current Affairs: September 3
- Daily Current Affairs: September 4
- Daily Current Affairs: September 5
- Daily Current Affairs: September 6
- Daily Current Affairs: September 7
- Daily Current Affairs: September 8
- Daily Current Affairs: September 9
- Daily Current Affairs: September 10
- Daily Current Affairs: September 11
- Daily Current Affairs: September 12
- Daily Current Affairs: September 13
- Daily Current Affairs: September 14
- Daily Current Affairs: September 15
- Daily Current Affairs: September 16
- Daily Current Affairs: September 17
- Daily Current Affairs: September 18
- Daily Current Affairs: September 19
- Daily Current Affairs: September 20
- Daily Current Affairs: September 21
- Daily Current Affairs: September 22
- Daily Current Affairs: September 23
- Daily Current Affairs: September 24
- Daily Current Affairs: September 25
- Daily Current Affairs: September 26
- Daily Current Affairs: September 27
- Daily Current Affairs: September 28
- Daily Current Affairs: September 29
- Daily Current Affairs: September 30