Daily Current Affairs 14th August 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14th August 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports related current affairs of 14th August 2023. We have briefly explained every current affairs matter to help you further understand your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs, we would recommend that you try the 14th August 2023 Current Affairs test.
1. Initiative to Set Up Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras Nationwide
- The Ministry of Railways has embarked on an ambitious project to establish Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras (PMBJKs) at railway stations across the country. The initiative aims to make quality medicines accessible to the public at affordable prices.
- For the initial phase, fifty key railway stations have been strategically identified to maximize the availability of Janaushadhi products for both commuters and local residents.
- Locations for PMBJKs will be chosen by Railway Divisions, and stall allotment will be conducted through an E-bidding process under the Indian Railways E-Procurement System (IREPS). The National Institute of Design (NID) in Ahmedabad is responsible for designing the kiosks.
2. NCERT Assembles a Panel for School Textbook Overhaul
- The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has assembled a 19-member panel tasked with aligning school curricula, textbooks, and educational materials with the National Curriculum Framework (NCF).
- Spanning from Classes 3 to 12, the panel focuses on smoothing educational transitions and offers a comprehensive skill set across various disciplines.
- The objective is to create an academically diverse and culturally inclusive curriculum that reimagines the educational landscape in India.
3. Indian Air Force Welcomes Advanced Heron Mark 2 Drones
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) has inducted the advanced Heron Mark 2 drones, enhancing its capability for offensive actions and border surveillance covering both China and Pakistan.
- Featuring a 3,000-kilometer range and 24-hour operational capability, the medium-altitude long-endurance (MALE) drone is equipped with synthetic aperture radar (SAR), EO/IR camera, and a laser target marker.
- This acquisition significantly strengthens the IAF’s surveillance capabilities, offering versatility in missions ranging from intelligence collection to border security and anti-insurgency operations.
4. NPCI Rolls Out Third Edition of UPI Chalega Campaign
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched the third edition of its UPI Safety Awareness Campaign, named “UPI Chalega,” in partnership with major payment sector stakeholders.
- Targeting simplicity, security, and speed, the campaign aims to foster broader UPI adoption while emphasizing safety measures.
- The initiative focuses on enhancing UPI’s brand visibility and encouraging its use among new adopters by telling relatable stories about UPI’s role in the digital financial ecosystem.
5. MakeMyTrip Collaborates with Ministry of Tourism for Specialized Travel Microsite
- Travel industry leader MakeMyTrip is partnering with the Ministry of Tourism to spotlight over 600 unique and less-explored tourist destinations through a dedicated microsite named the ‘Traveller’s Map of India’.
- The microsite aims to enrich the tourism experience by featuring destinations that are either under-visited or predominantly regional attractions.
- This platform is designed to meet the aspirations of India’s adventurous travelers and to promote the country’s diverse cultural, historical, and natural sites.
6. Inaugural WHO Traditional Medicine Global Summit to Convene in Gandhinagar
- The first-ever WHO Traditional Medicine Global Summit will take place on August 17 and 18, 2023, in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The summit aims to foster a global dialogue on traditional medicine and is timed to coincide with the G20 health ministers’ meeting.
- A wide array of stakeholders, including traditional medicine experts, local communities, policymakers, educational institutions, and business sectors, are expected to participate.
7. Launch of ‘ODOP Wall’ to Spotlight Indian Craftsmanship
- The One District One Product (ODOP) initiative, in collaboration with the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM), has launched the ‘ODOP Wall’ to showcase the diverse range of products from different districts in India.
- This effort aims to elevate the unique craftsmanship and cultural heritage inherent in products from each district.
- The initiative seeks to promote self-sustainability by focusing on one unique product per district, thus highlighting India’s rich cultural diversity.
Important Days and Dates
8. Partition Horrors Remembrance Day: Reflecting on the Tragedies of 1947
- India observed Partition Horrors Remembrance Day to honor the victims and survivors of the tragic events of 1947 during the country’s partition.
- Survivors shared poignant accounts of displacement, loss, and resilience, underscoring the importance of peace and unity.
- Instituted by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2021, the day serves as a reminder of the resilience of survivors and renews the collective commitment toward a more harmonious future.