Daily Current Affairs 14th June 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14th June 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14th June 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14th June 2023 Current affairs test.
1. Monthly Pension for Haryana’s Padma Awardees
- Haryana’s Chief Minister, Manohar Lal Khattar, has announced a monthly pension of Rs 10,000 for Padma awardees from the region. Additionally, Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan, and Padma Vibhushan recipients from Haryana will be entitled to complimentary travel on the state’s ‘Volvo bus’ service. The government is rolling out multiple welfare schemes to enhance the quality of life for its residents.
2. Launch of ‘Sanshodhak’, Navy’s 4th Warship
- The ‘Sanshodhak’, which means ‘Researcher’, is the fourth ship under the Survey Vessels (Large) (SVL) Project. It was launched at Kattupalli, Chennai by L and T/GRSE for the Indian Navy. The inauguration ceremony was accompanied by chants from the Atharva Veda, and VAdm Adhir Arora, Chief Hydrographer to the Government of India, graced the event as the chief guest.
3. Equitas Holdings Forfeits its NBFC Licence
- Equitas Holdings Ltd, a prominent non-banking financial company, has voluntarily surrendered its NBFC licence, leading to the RBI terminating their registration. The RBI took this measure under Section 45-IA (6) of the RBI Act, 1934.
4. RBI Expands its Footprint in North East India
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has increased its presence in North East India by inaugurating a sub-office in Kohima, the capital of Nagaland. This move aligns with the RBI’s mission to expand its regional influence and cater to the financial requirements of the locals. The bank also disclosed plans to open an office in Itanagar soon.
5. RBI’s Stance on Social Media Influencers
- The RBI clarified that it currently has no plans to regulate financial influencers on social media platforms, considering that the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) already maintains relevant guidelines.
6. Observance of World Blood Donor Day 2023
- World Blood Donor Day is commemorated annually on June 14th to acknowledge and celebrate voluntary blood donors. The day also stresses the importance of ensuring global access to safe blood transfusions. The theme for 2023 is “Give blood, give plasma, share life, share often.”
Rankings and Insights
7. SIPRI’s Observations on Global Nuclear Stockpiles
- The Stockholm International Peace Research Institute’s (SIPRI) most recent Yearbook offers an in-depth examination of worldwide nuclear weapon trends, spotlighting China’s significant expansion of its arsenal.
8. Community Spirit Index Rankings
- In a recent study by the Community Spirit Index, which assesses resident friendliness in 53 cities worldwide, Toronto and Sydney ranked as the most amicable. In contrast, Indian cities like New Delhi and Mumbai were noted among the least friendly.
9. Reliance’s Placement in Forbes’ Global 2000 List
- In the latest edition of Forbes’ Global 2000 list, Reliance Industries Limited, owned by billionaire Mukesh Ambani, moved up from the 53rd to 45th position, marking its spot as the leading Indian company. Other Indian corporations also featured on the list.
10. Trade Ambitions Between India and UAE
- India and the UAE have set goals to amplify their non-oil bilateral trade from the current USD 48 billion to a whopping USD 100 billion by 2030. This decision stems from the initial Joint Committee meeting held under the India-UAE Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA).
11. New Schemes to Reinforce Disaster Management
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah convened with state and union territory representatives responsible for disaster management and introduced three new schemes. These schemes, collectively valued at over ₹8,000 crore, are designed to fortify national disaster management capabilities.
12. Highlighting the Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana
- The recent transformation of the ‘Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana’ into the ‘God Bharai’ event in Dausa, Rajasthan, received praise from Prime Minister Modi. This program provides expecting mothers with a ‘Poshan Kit’ to ensure the health of their newborns.
13. Update on the Training of Trainers Project
- Under the aegis of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE), 98 trainers have been accredited as part of the cluster-based Training of Trainers (ToT) initiative.
14. Positive Outcomes from PLI Schemes
- The Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Schemes have ushered in beneficial outcomes, including elevated production levels and job creation. A notable surge in Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) within the manufacturing sector was highlighted in a recent press meet.
15. Rashmika Mandanna: New Face for Epson India
- Epson India has enlisted actress Rashmika Mandanna to represent its range of products, specifically emphasizing their ‘EcoTank’ printers.
16. RSL Christopher Bland Prize 2023 Bestowed Upon Paterson Joseph
- Paterson Joseph earned the RSL Christopher Bland Prize 2023 for his debut novel, ‘The Secret Diaries of Charles Ignatius Sancho’.
17. GSITI Hyderabad Attains “Athi Uttam” Accreditation
- The Geological Survey of India Training Institute (GSITI) in Hyderabad has been recognized with accreditation by the National Accreditation Board of Education and Training (NABET).
18. 2023 Iqbal Masih Award Presented to Lalitha Natarajan
- Lalitha Natarajan, an advocate and activist based in Chennai, has been honored with the US Department of Labor’s 2023 Iqbal Masih Award for her relentless efforts to combat child labor.
Tech & Science Headlines</strong >
19. Recent Progress in Solar-powered Space Exploration
- A prototype of a space probe that relies solely on solar energy for propulsion is undergoing testing. Such sustainable energy alternatives could reduce the necessity for fuel on long-haul missions, thereby slashing costs and expanding mission durations.
20. Findings on Brain Plasticity and Aging
- Research from the University of Oxford indicates that the human brain retains plasticity even in old age. However, the processes underlying this adaptability are still subjects of ongoing studies. Scientists speculate that these insights can provide interventions against age-related cognitive decline.
21. Unraveling the Mystique of Himalayan Culinary Delights
- This exclusive report dives deep into the traditional cuisine of the Himalayan region, highlighting unique dishes, age-old recipes, and the cultural significance behind every bite.
End of the Bulletin.