Daily Current Affairs 14th March 2023: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 14th March 2023. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 14th March 2023. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 14th March 2023 Current affairs test.
National & International News
1. Naval Exercise La Perouse 2023 Kicks Off
- The third installment of the maritime exercise named La Pérouse, encompassing naval forces from India, Australia, France, Japan, and the USA, has been initiated in the Indian Ocean Region on 13-14 March 2023.
- Organized every two years by the French Navy, the exercise aims to bolster maritime awareness and improve naval coordination in the Indo-Pacific.
- Representing India, the naval ship INS Sahyadri and the fleet tanker INS Jyoti took part.
Appointments on National & International Platforms
2. Asia’s Premier Female Locomotive Driver, Surekha Yadav, to Manage Vande Bharat
- Surekha Yadav, known for being the first female train driver in Asia, has now taken charge of the Vande Bharat Express.
- She successfully maneuvered the train from Solapur to the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminal in Maharashtra.
- Originally from Stara, Maharashtra, she broke barriers in 1988 by becoming India’s inaugural female train operator.
- Throughout her illustrious career, she’s been acknowledged with numerous state and national accolades.
- Ashwini Vaishnaw holds the position of the Union Railway Minister.
3. India and Sweden Ink Agreement to Boost Research Collaboration
- A Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) has been endorsed by India and Sweden to intensify the relationship and foster research networking among their respective research institutions.
- The overarching goal is to stimulate mobility financing avenues in the two nations.
- This agreement paves the way for academic collaboration through seminars, mobility activities, workshops, and conferences.
- The alliance will propel mutual efforts in Science and Technology, especially in areas like smart cities and AI.
4. India & France Engage in Maritime Partnership Exercise (MPX)
- India’s homegrown Guided Missile Frigate, INS Sahyadri, collaborated with French Navy vessels in the Maritime Partnership Exercise in the Arabian Sea.
- French naval ships, FS Dixmude and FS La Fayette, actively took part.
- The exercise spanned a range of naval maneuvers, from boarding drills to cross-deck landings.
- The smooth execution emphasized the synergy and understanding shared by the two naval forces.
5. Govt Secures Deal with HSL for INS Sindhukirti Submarine Overhaul
- The Ministry of Defense has greenlighted a refurbishment contract for the INS Sindhukirti Submarine with Hindustan Shipyard Limited in Visakhapatnam, valued at Rs 934 crore.
- The submarine, a third in the line of Kilo Class Diesel Electric Submarines, will be battle-ready post-refurbishment.
- This step is significant in diversifying submarine repair facilities and lays the groundwork for future Medium refits at HSL.
- Over 20 Micro Small and Medium Enterprises will be engaged, generating significant employment opportunities.
6. Exercise ‘La Perouse’ Sees Participation from Multiple Navies
- The third rendition of the exercise ‘La Perouse’ unfolded in the Indian Ocean Region with naval forces from India, Australia, France, Japan, the UK, and the USA.
- The biennial drill, orchestrated by the French Navy, emphasizes maritime cooperation in the Indo-Pacific.
- INS Sahyadri and INS Jyoti, both indigenous to India, took part in this multilateral drill.
7. Virat Kohli Surpasses Brian Lara in Runs Against Australia
- Indian cricket maestro, Virat Kohli, has outdone West Indies legend Brian Lara to claim the spot as the second-highest run-scorer against Australia in international cricket.
- Lara accumulated 4,714 runs in 82 games against Australia, peaking with a score of 277.
- The top position is adorned by the iconic Sachin Tendulkar, who racked up 6,707 runs against the Aussies.
- Tendulkar’s illustrious record against Australia includes 20 centuries and a high score of 241 not out.