Daily Current Affairs 15 April 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 April 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 April 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 April 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Undergraduate students to be graded by CBCS in Haryana
- Haryana govt has decided to introduce Choice Based Credit System and also revise the syllabus.
- The courses will be chosen based on the global scenario.
2. Anubhuti to give village exposure to students
- Under this programme, the students of Madhya Pradesh will be taken to the villages.
- CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan said students should get exposed to Indian culture and tradition found in villages.
3. Kerala govt files review petition in SC
- This is against the SC’s judgement modifying provisions under the SC/ST act.
- The state said that not allowing anticipatory bail is an important part of the act.
4. Jaitley takes oath as Rajya Sabha member
- Arun Jaitley sworn in for a new six-yr term.
- He took oath of office representing Uttar Pradesh.
1. Combined airstrikes in Syria
- US,UK and France conducted air strikes in Syria.
- The US will sustain the strikes until Syrian regime stops chemical attack.
2. Smart bracelet that can sense danger
- The prototype uses machine learning to detect an assault.
- On detection, it emits red lights to alert the people around and sends messages to the emergency contacts without user’s intervention.
3. Afghan, Pakistan forces clash
- An Afghan official reported that the Pakistani forces crossed the border and clashed with Afghan troops.
- The countries are separated by 2,400 km Durand line.
4. Theresa May faces counteraction at home
- This comes after launching military strikes on Syria without consulting the Parliament.
- The Opposition parties claimed that the attacks risked escalating conflict.
1. India’s industrial output at 7.1%
- India’s industrial production rose 7.4% in January and 7.1% in February.
- The projected rise is 6.8%.
2. India’s trade deficit doubles
- The deficit is $87.2 bn in FY18 compared to $47.7 bn in FY17.
- The imports touched $565.32 bn.
3. Toyota suggests to tax cars on basis of emission
- Vice Chairman Shekar Viswanathan said not to tax cars based on engine size.
- He added that the tax should be reduced on hybrid cars.
4. Jio gets largest Samurai loan
- Samurai loan is low interest loan from Japanese investors.
- Jio gets Rs.3250 cr loan which is the largest by an Asian firm.
1. India with its 3rd best ever medals
- India has 66 medals overall of which 26 are gold. India finished third on the medal tally — Australia topped the chart with 198 medals. England was at the second position with 136 medals.
- Indian athletes set 11 CWG records at Gold Coast.
2. India shuttlers win silver in men’s doubles
- Chirag and Satwik won silver in the event for 1st time at CWG.
- India has topped the medal rankings in badminton with 6 medals.
3. Saina wins her 2nd CWG gold
- Saina Nehwal defeated PV Sindhu to clinch gold in women’s singles.
- She had earlier won gold in CWG 2010 held in India.
- Daily Current Affairs: April 1
- Daily Current Affairs: April 2
- Daily Current Affairs: April 3
- Daily Current Affairs: April 4
- Daily Current Affairs: April 5
- Daily Current Affairs: April 6
- Daily Current Affairs: April 7
- Daily Current Affairs: April 8
- Daily Current Affairs: April 9
- Daily Current Affairs: April 10
- Daily Current Affairs: April 11
- Daily Current Affairs: April 12
- Daily Current Affairs: April 13
- Daily Current Affairs: April 14
- Daily Current Affairs: April 15