Daily Current Affairs 15 August 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 August 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 August 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 August 2019 Current affairs test.
1. CORAS of Indian Railways
- Commandos For Railway Security ‘CORAS’ is a special railway unit for Indian railways under Railway Protection Force.
- A state of the art CORAS commando training centre is to be established in Jagadhri, Haryana.
- Aim: To respond in situations pertaining to damage, disturbance, disruption of train operations including disaster situations.
2. Inter-State Council
- The Inter-State Council was reconstituted with Prime Minister Modi as its chairman.
- Members: 6 Union Ministers and Chief Ministers of States and UTs
- Amit Shah (Home) || Nirmala Sitharaman (Finance) || Rajnath Singh (Defence) || Narendra Singh Tomar (Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj) || Thaawar Chand Gehlot (Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment) and Hardeep Singh Puri (Minister of State IC of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs).
- The Article 263 of the Constitution provides for the establishment of an Inter-State Council.
- Inter-State Council is mandated to inquire into and advise upon disputes which may arise between states.
3. Prem Bhatia Award 2019
- Rajdeep Sardesai was awarded Prem Bhatia Award 2019 for his Political Reporting with a career spanning over three decades.
- Rajdeep Sardesai is an Indian news anchor and author. He is a consulting editor at the India Today group, and hosts India Today Television.
4. ‘Panchamirtham’ of Palani temple
- ‘Panchamirtham’ of Palani temple in Tamil Nadu has got GI tag.
- A geographical indication (GI) is a name or sign used on certain products which corresponds to a specific geographical location or origin.
- Darjeeling tea became the first GI tagged product in India.
1. India’s contribution to UN fund
- India has contributed $1 million to reform UN Development system by contributing to UN Special Purpose Trust Fund for the resident coordinator system.
- India’s permanent representative to United Nations: Syed Akbaruddin
2. 2019 Charlie Chaplin award by BAFTA LA
- Actor Steve Coogan has been honoured with 2019 Charlie Chaplin award constituted by BAFTA LA.
- Stephen John Coogan is an English actor, comedian, and producer.
- The Britannia Awards are presented by BAFTA Los Angeles, a branch of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA).
1. RBI’s Framework for Regulatory Sandbox for Fintechs
- RBI has released final draft for Regulatory Sandbox Framework for Fintech companies.
- It is aimed at enabling innovations in the financial technology space.
- Fintech Companies can set up their own Regulatory Sandbox for live testing of innovative products in the areas of retail payments, digital KYC and wealth management.
- The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central banking institution, which controls the issuance and supply of the Indian rupee. Until the Monetary Policy Committee was established in 2016, it also controlled monetary policy in India.
2. Axis Bank with Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Axis Bank and Aditya Birla Health Insurance have signed bancassurance pact.
- Bancassurance is a relationship between a bank and an insurance company that is aimed at offering insurance products or insurance benefits to the bank’s customers. In this partnership, bank staff and tellers become the point of sale and point of contact for the customer.
- AXIS bank: Founded: 1993 || Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra || MD & CEO : Amitabh Chaudhry
3. Indian Institute of Skills
- Mumbai is all set to get first Indian Institute of Skills-IIS.
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has approved the proposal to set up Indian Institute of Skills (IISs) in 3 locations viz. Kanpur, Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
- The basic functional design and orientation of existing skill training institutions, which were established during 1960s, have remained substantively the same and, in particular, lack modern training infrastructure and methodology to impart skill training in collaboration with industry leaders.
- The IISs are conceptualized with an objective to provide advanced skills in highly specialized areas.
1. First Woman to make ‘triple-double’ twist
- American Artistic Gymnast Simone Biles has become the first woman in the world to perform a ‘triple-double’ twist at USA Gymnastics Championships held at Kansas city, Missouri, US.
- Simone Biles is an American artistic gymnast. Biles is the 2016 Olympic individual all-around, vault and floor gold medalist, and balance beam bronze medallist.
- She was part of the gold-medal-winning team dubbed the “Final Five” at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
2. ATP rankings
- 1. Novak Djokovic, Serbia with 12325 points
- 2. Rafael Nadal, Spain with 7945 points
- 3. Roger Federer, Switzerland with 7460 points
- 4. Dominic Thiem, Austria with 4925 points
- 5. Kei Nishikori, Japan with 4040 points
3. Wesley Sneijder retires
- Wesley Sneijder of Netherlands has announced his retirement from football.
- Wesley Sneijder is a Dutch retired professional footballer. He was named UEFA midfielder of the season and one of the three best midfielders in the world for 2010 by FIFA.
- Daily Current Affairs: August 1
- Daily Current Affairs: August 2
- Daily Current Affairs: August 3
- Daily Current Affairs: August 4
- Daily Current Affairs: August 5
- Daily Current Affairs: August 6
- Daily Current Affairs: August 7
- Daily Current Affairs: August 8
- Daily Current Affairs: August 9
- Daily Current Affairs: August 10
- Daily Current Affairs: August 11
- Daily Current Affairs: August 12
- Daily Current Affairs: August 13
- Daily Current Affairs: August 14
- Daily Current Affairs: August 15
- Daily Current Affairs: August 16
- Daily Current Affairs: August 17
- Daily Current Affairs: August 18
- Daily Current Affairs: August 19
- Daily Current Affairs: August 20
- Daily Current Affairs: August 21
- Daily Current Affairs: August 22
- Daily Current Affairs: August 23
- Daily Current Affairs: August 24
- Daily Current Affairs: August 25
- Daily Current Affairs: August 26
- Daily Current Affairs: August 27
- Daily Current Affairs: August 28
- Daily Current Affairs: August 29
- Daily Current Affairs: August 30
- Daily Current Affairs: August 31