Daily Current Affairs 15 October 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 October 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 October 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 October 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Indira Gandhi award for national integration
- Chandi Prasad Bhatt will get Indira Gandhi award for national integration.
- Chandi Prasad Bhatt is an Indian Gandhian environmentalist and social activist, who founded Dasholi Gram SwarajyaSangh (DGSS) in Gopeshwar in 1964, which later became a mother-organization to the Chipko Movement, in which he was one of the pioneers, and for which he was awarded the Ramon Magsaysay Award for Community Leadership in 1982, followed by the Padma Bhushan in 2005.
- Today he is known for his work on subaltern social ecology, and considered one of India’s first modern environmentalist.
2. ‘SabsePehle Life Insurance’ Campaign
- Life Insurance Council will launch ‘SabsePehle Life Insurance’ Campaign which is the first joint mass media campaign of life insurance industry.
- Life Insurance Council was constituted under Sec.64C of Insurance Act 1938, the Life Insurance Council functions through several sub-committees and includes all life insurance companies in India. In total, there are 24 life insurers who offer a variety of traditional and new innovative products.
- Chairman of Life Insurance Council: M.R. Kumar || Headquarters: Mumbai.
3. Hurun India Philanthropy List 2019
- Edelgive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2019 which was released by Hurun India.
- 1. Shiv Nadar(HCL) with a contribution of Rs 826 crore.
- 2. Azim Premji with a contribution of Rs 453 crore.
- 3. Mukesh Ambani with a contribution of Rs 402 crore.
1. Exercise Vajra Prahar 2019
- The 10th edition of Indo-US joint military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar 2019′ has begun in Seattle, USA.
- Indian Army: Founded :1 April 1895 || Headquarters: New Delhi || Motto: “Service Before Self”
2. International Day of Rural Women
- The International Day of Rural Women is observed on 15th October.
- Theme: ‘Rural Women and Girls Building Climate Resilience’.
- The role of women and girls in ensuring the sustainability of rural households and communities, improving rural livelihoods.
3. World Students’ Day 2019
- World Students’ Day is marked as the birthday of APJ Abdul Kalam.
- It is observed on Kalam’s birthday, 15 October.
- In 2010 the United Nations declared 15 October World Students’ Day.
4. Booker Prize 2019
- Margaret Atwood and Bernardine Evaristo have jointly won the 2019 Booker Prize.
- Margaret Atwood’ Book: ‘The Testament’.
- Bernardine Evaristo’s Book: ‘Girl, Woman, Other’.
- Salman Rushdie’s book ‘Quichotte’ was among the six books shortlisted for the prize.
1. Central Information System for Banking Infrastructure
- RBI came up with a new reporting system for all co-operative banks called ‘Central Information System for Banking Infrastructure’.
- Central Information System for Banking Infrastructure (CISBI) in which all co-operative banks will submit information related to opening/ closing/ conversion of branches, offices, non-administratively independent offices, and customer service points.
- Cooperative banks are registered under the Cooperative Societies Act, 1912. They are regulated by the Reserve Bank of India under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 and Banking Laws (Application to Cooperative Societies) Act, 1965.
- AnyonyaSahakariMandali in 1889 of Baroda is the earliest known cooperative credit union in India.
2. Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance President
- K Satish Reddy has been appointed as President of Indian Pharmaceutical Alliance for 2019-2021.
- Vice President: Rajesh Jain, Managing Director of Panacea Biotec Limited
- K Satish Reddy is the chairman of Dr Reddy’s
3. New COO of Mastercard
- Mastercard India has elevated Vikas Varma as the Chief Operating Officer of the firm.
- Mastercard has announced an investment of USD 1 billion over the next five years in India.
- Mastercard Incorporated is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in the Mastercard International Global Headquarters in Purchase, New York, United States.
- CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga
4. ‘FD health’ Scheme
- ICICI Bank has launched a new Fixed Deposit scheme called ‘FD health’.
- ‘FD Health’ Scheme provides investors a complimentary critical illness cover for users of 18-50 years of age.
- ICICI Bank: Tagline: Hum Hai Na, KhyalApka || Headquarters: Mumbai || MD & CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
1. ‘The Don’ Award
- Tennis Player Ashleigh Barty has won ‘The Don’ Award.
- The Don Award was first awarded in 1998. It is named after Sir Donald Bradman and recognises the sporting achievement of the year which has inspired the people of Australia.
- Ashleigh Barty is an Australian professional tennis player and former cricketer. She is ranked No. 1 in the world in singles by the Women’s Tennis Association and is the second Australian WTA singles No. 1 after EvonneGoolagongCawley.
- Ashleigh Barty won 2019 French Open.
2. India Sports Summit
- Minister of State for Youth and Sports Kiren Rijiju inagurated 1st India Sports Summit 2019 in New Delhi.
- ‘Fit India’ mission office would be set up with the help of Confederation of Indian Industry for sports development.
3. YONEX Dutch Open 2019
- The YONEX Dutch Open 2019 was held in Netherlands.
- Men’s Singles: Lakshya Sen (India)
- Women’s Singles: Wang Zhiyi (China)
- Men’s Doubles: Vladimir Ivanov & Ivan Sozonov (Russia)
- Women’s Doubles: Gabriela Stoeva& Stefani Stoeva (Bulgaria)
- Mixed Doubles: Robin Tabeling& Selena Piek (Netherlands)
4. World Artistic Gymnastics Championships 2019
- The 49th edition World Artistic Gymnastics Championships 2019 was held in Stuttgart, Germany.
- United States has topped the medal tally with a total of 8 medal (5 Golds, 2 Silvers, 1 Bronze).
- American Gymnast Simone biles won 19th world title, broke the record for most world medals won by any gymnast.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,15 October
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15
- Daily Current Affairs: October 16
- Daily Current Affairs: October 17
- Daily Current Affairs: October 18
- Daily Current Affairs: October 19
- Daily Current Affairs: October 20
- Daily Current Affairs: October 21
- Daily Current Affairs: October 22
- Daily Current Affairs: October 23
- Daily Current Affairs: October 24
- Daily Current Affairs: October 25
- Daily Current Affairs: October 26
- Daily Current Affairs: October 27
- Daily Current Affairs: October 28
- Daily Current Affairs: October 29
- Daily Current Affairs: October 30
- Daily Current Affairs: October 31