Daily Current Affairs 15 April 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 15 April 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 15 April 2017, we would recommend to you to try 15 April 2017 Current affairs test.
WHO GLASS report says 2-billion people drink contaminated water
- Global Analysis and Assessment of Sanitation and Drinking-Water (GLAAS) 2017 report which was published by The World Health Organization states that nearly 2 billion people worldwide using Contaminated Water.
- It was revealed by the WHO that due to drinking and using contaminated water thousands of people die within a year and by 2025, half of the world’s population will be living in areas which have scarcity of water.
India, Nepal have agreed to resolve their border disputes along UP district
- To resolve the border disputes, the survey of the entire border between Kheri in UP and Kanchanpur in Nepal has been done.
- Odd even formula will be used to carry out the survey which is related to the missing and damaged border pillars and its agreed that even numbers pillars would be maintained by the Kheri administration and Odd numbers pillars would be maintained and construct by the Nepal Administration.
GNFC’s cashless/less cash township model launched by PM across 12 States
- A less – cash township model, developed by Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals Ltd (GNFC) was launched by PM Shri. Narendra Modi on April 14 2017 across 81 townships in 12 States.
- India’s first 100 per cent cashless township became possible in the form of GNFC’s township at Bharuch in Gujarat.
70th Himachal Day celebrated in Himachal Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh celebrated its 70th Foundation Day on April 15, 2017 and on this occasion Chief Minister Shri. Virbhadra Singh launched an ‘Unemployment Allowance Scheme’ at a state level function in Chamba which will provide allowance of Rs 1,500 per month to unemployed youth with disability whereas an unemployment allowance of Rs 1,000 per month will be provided to youth having intermediate or above qualification.
Foundation stone for Rs 100-cr Ambedkar memorial park in Amaravati laid by AP CM
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu laid the foundation-stone for Dr B R Ambedkar Smriti Vanam (memorial park) on April 14th 2017 in state’s de facto capital Amaravati.
- Nearly Rs. 100 crore are allocated for this project which will provide aesthetic and landscaped gardens, a Buddhist Dhyana Kendram (Meditation Hall), etc and the construction is expected to be completed within 24 months.
Banking & Finance
To ease bad debt, RBI tightens screws on banks
- A revised Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) framework for banks which will be effective from April 1, 2017 has been introduced by RBI on April 14, 2017 and there are certain risk thresholds associated with it, the breach of which could result into serious consequences such as merger with another bank or even closure of the bank.
To sell policies online, IRDAI unveils portal for insurers
- An online portal named isnp.irda.gov.in is launched by the IRDAI for insurance companies and allow them to register and sell policies through online mode which will offer several services online like change of policy details, name and address collection of renewal premiums, fund switching, death, maturity claims and many more and help them to increase insurance business across the country.
GRAF for PSB’s evolved by Bank Boards Bureau
- A Governance Reward and Accountability (GRAF)framework for the public sector banks has been developed by The Bank Board Bureau (BBB) to help the PSU’s bank board from the current problem of the bad loans and so that that PSB’s can efficiently compete with Private sector banks, small finance banks and foreign banks and NBFC.
RBI approves Grasim to hike FII limit
- Aditya Birla Group firm Grasim Industries have been allowed by the RBI Industries to raise the foreign shareholding to 49% from 30%.
- Under the portfolio investment scheme, Foreign Institutional Investors can now invest 49% of the Paid up capital of Grasim Industries and this has been done so that the liquidity in the company’s equity shares increases.
Made in India robot TAL Brabo launched by Tata Motors arm
- Made-In-India Robot launched by The TAL Manufacturing Solutions is the first robot which is deliberately designed in India and can be used in Small Scale Industries as well as Large scale Industries and also has an efficiency of increasing productivity to 15-30% within 15-18 months with it being tested across 50 sectors like software testing, automotive light engineering, aerospace, education and and many more.
Awards & Recognitions
American Helicopter Society award given to India-born engineer Dr. Arvind Sinha
- ‘World’s Outstanding Aerospace Engineer Leadership Award’ has been awarded to Dr. Arvind Sinha – an India-born aeronautics engineer, currently based in Australia by American Helicopter Society (AHS).
- For leadership excellence in the field of vertical flight technology, this award is a prestigious honour.
Sourav Kothari beaten by Pankaj Advani to win Asian Billiards Championship title
- By defeating Sourav Kothari in the Asian Billiads Championship, Pankaj Advani has won his 7th Title.
- Pankaj Advani is a 16 time world champion and defeated Sourav Kothari by 6-3 in the finals which was held in Chandigarh from 8th April to 14th.
HIV/AIDS researcher and a Pioneering Canadian, Mark Wainberg passes away
- Mark Wainberg, a Canadian HIV/AIDS researcher passed away on 15th April 2017.
- He was a renowned director of McGill University AIDS centre and also a former President of AIDS Society and was named as Medicine hall of fame for his contributions.
- Daily Current Affairs Today 1 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 2 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 3 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 4 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 5 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 6 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 7 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 8 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 9 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 10 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 11 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 12 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 13 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 14 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 15 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 16 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 17 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 18 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 19 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 20 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 21 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 22 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 23 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 24 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 25 April 2017