Daily Current Affairs 15 December 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 December 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 December 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 December 2019 Current affairs test.
1. National Symposium of Heads of Police Training Institutions
- The 37th edition of National Symposium of Heads of Police Training Institutions held in New Delhi.
- It was organized by Bureau of Police Research & Development.
- Theme: ‘Optimal Utilization of Resources-Through Sharing and Networking’.
2. Inner Line Permit to Manipur
- Manipur is the fourth state after Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Mizoram where the ILP regime has been made applicable.
- Inner Line Permit is an official travel document issued by the Government of India to allow inward travel of an Indian citizen into a protected area for a limited period. It is obligatory for Indian citizens from outside those states to obtain a permit for entering into the protected state.
3. Partial Credit Guarantee Scheme
- PM Modi has given its approval to the Partial Credit Guarantee Scheme.
- Partial Credit Guarantee Scheme is offered by the Central Government to Public Sector Banks for purchasing high-rated pooled assets from financially sound Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFCs)/Housing Finance Companies (HFCs).
- It is with the amount of overall guarantee being limited to first loss of up to 10 per cent of fair value of assets being purchased by the banks under the Scheme, or Rs 10,000 crore, whichever is lower, as agreed by Department of Economic Affairs (DEA).
4. Gollapudi Maruti Rao passes away
- Veteran Telugu actor and writer Gollapudi Maruti Rao has passed away.
- Gollapudi Maruti Rao was an Indian film actor, screenwriter, dramatist, playwright, and dialogue writer known for his works in Telugu cinema, Telugu theatre and Telugu Literature. Rao acted in over 250 Telugu films in a variety of roles.
1. Nuad Thai massage
- Thailand’s 2000-year-old massage Nuad Thai was added to UNESCO’s Heritage List.
- Thailand: Capital: Bangkok || Currency: Thai baht
2. Maldives Government with Indian Companies
- Maldives has signed contract with a Joint Venture of Indian companies for development of Addu, which is the second biggest city of Maldives.
- The contract was signed L & T engineering limited.
- Financing of the project will be done by EXIM bank of India through line of credit of USD 800 million.
- Capital: Malé || Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa || President: Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
3. International Seminar on Climate Smart Farming Systems
- The International Seminar on Climate Smart Farming Systems for BIMSTEC countries was organized in New Delhi.
- It organized by the Department of Agricultural Research & Education, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmer’s Welfare and Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation is an international organisation of seven nations of South Asia and South East Asia, housing 1.5 billion people and having a combined gross domestic product of $3.5 trillion.
- Headquarters location: Dhaka, Bangladesh || Founded: 6 June 1997 || Secretariat: Dhaka, Bangladesh
4. International Tea Day
- International Tea Day is observed annually on 15th December.
- It has been celebrated since 2005 in tea producing countries like India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Vietnam, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Kenya, Malawi, Malaysia, Uganda and Tanzania.
1. Audible Suno App
- Amazon’s audiobook company Audible has launched ‘Audible Suno’ App in India.
- Audible is a seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information, and educational programming on the Internet. Audible sells digital audiobooks, radio and TV programs, and audio versions of magazines and newspapers.
- CEO: Don Katz || Founder: Don Katz || Founded: 1995 || Headquarters: Newark, New Jersey, United States || Parent organization: Amazon.com
2. Blue Sky Analytics Award
- Gurgaon-based startup Blue Sky Analytics has won the Space Oscars Award also known as Copernicus Masters Award under the ‘Social Entrepreneurship Challenge’ category.
- The Space Oscars were awarded for the 16th time as part of the EU Space Week 2019.
- The Blue Sky Analytics deals with geospatial data platforms for environmental data.
3. National Energy Conservation Day
- India celebrates the National Energy Conservation Day on December 14, the government of India makes a conscious effort to conserve energy and move to renewable sources such as the aim to introduce 175 GW by FY2022 under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency has organised the “29th National Energy Conservation Awards” for the same.
4. Naval Weapon Exhibition NAVARMS–2019
- The 4th edition of International Exhibition on Naval Weapon Systems ‘NAVARMS – 2019’ was inaugurated in New Delhi.
- Theme: ‘Make in India – Fight Category: Opportunities and Imperatives’.
1. FIH unveils new world ranking system
- International Hockey Federation unveiled a new world ranking system for 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- It will come into effect from the 1st January 2020.
- The new ranking will be match-based instead of tournament-based calculation.
- The Fédération Internationale de Hockey, commonly known by the acronym FIH, is the international governing body of field hockey and indoor field hockey. Its headquarters are in Lausanne, Switzerland and the president is Narinder Batra.
2. 2019 FIFA Club World Cup
- The 2019 FIFA Club World Cup is the 16th edition of the FIFA Club World Cup, a FIFA-organised international club football tournament between the winners of the six continental confederations, as well as the host nation’s league champions.
- Location: Qatar
- Daily Current Affairs: December 1
- Daily Current Affairs: December 2
- Daily Current Affairs: December 3
- Daily Current Affairs: December 4
- Daily Current Affairs: December 5
- Daily Current Affairs: December 6
- Daily Current Affairs: December 7
- Daily Current Affairs: December 8
- Daily Current Affairs: December 9
- Daily Current Affairs: December 10
- Daily Current Affairs: December 11
- Daily Current Affairs: December 12
- Daily Current Affairs: December 13
- Daily Current Affairs: December 14
- Daily Current Affairs: December 15
- Daily Current Affairs: December 16
- Daily Current Affairs: December 17
- Daily Current Affairs: December 18
- Daily Current Affairs: December 19
- Daily Current Affairs: December 20
- Daily Current Affairs: December 21
- Daily Current Affairs: December 22
- Daily Current Affairs: December 23
- Daily Current Affairs: December 24
- Daily Current Affairs: December 25
- Daily Current Affairs: December 26
- Daily Current Affairs: December 27
- Daily Current Affairs: December 28
- Daily Current Affairs: December 29
- Daily Current Affairs: December 30
- Daily Current Affairs: December 31