This post contains important current affairs of 15 February 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 February 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 February 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Congress releases ‘chargesheet’ against AAP on govt’s 3 years
- Created in the form of a booklet, the chargesheet includes an evaluation of different departments of Delhi.
- It also carries a comparison of AAP’s performance with the previous Sheila Dikshit-led Congress govt.
2. Maha farmers lose crops to hailstorm
- The state govt has sought Rs.200 cr aid from the Centre after farmers lost around 2 lakh hectares of land.
- Farmers are entitled to Rs.6800 per hectare up to 2 hectares.
3. Railways initiates recruitment process for 89,000 employees
- The Indian Railways has initiated the recruitment process for hiring 89,000 Group C and D employees.
- The additional recruitment will cost around Rs.3000 cr.
1. Dutch law makes all adults organ donors unless they opt out
- The law will come into effect in 2020 and ask the citizens for their consent for being a donor.
- Those who will fail to reply twice will be automatically made the donors.
2. Maldives warns against Indian intervention in its crisis
- Maldives’ Defence Minister Adam Umar has warned that any talk of Indian military intervention in his country’s ongoing political crisis could affect Maldives-India relations.
- Maldives’ ex-President Mohamed Nasheed had sought India’s help in resolving the crisis.
3. Jacob Zuma Resigns as South Africa’s President
- Jacob Zuma, South Africa’s embattled and controversial president, announced his resignation in a televised address to the nation. He faced a no-confidence vote in the Parliament.
- Cyril Ramaphosa has been elected as the President.
1. PNB has capacity to recover from $1.77bn fraud: CEO
- PNB’s CEO Sunil Mehta said the bank will honour all the commitments if liability falls on them.
- Foreign branches of Indian banks had loaned money to Nirav Modi-linked firms based on fake guarantees provided by PNB.
2. No GST on food served to patients admitted to hospital
- The food served by the hospital to patients who are not admitted will be taxable.
- Also, there will be no GST on services provided by doctors, consultants and technicians at the hospital.
3. Air India to retain brand name after privatisation : Reports
- Reports claimed that the govt plans to lay down a condition to prospective bidders that the airline’s name should be retained after the disinvestment process.
- The govt is also considering selling between 51% and 76% stake in the airline.
1. Pak hockey team to visit India for 2018 WC
- 4 time champions Pakistan had failed to qualify for the 2014 WC and their participation in 2018 WC in Odisha was doubtful owing to the political relations between India and Pakistan.
- As many as 16 teams will participate in the event.
2. Ronaldo 1st ever player with 100 goals for one club in UCL
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s overall tally has gone up to 116 goals, 19 more than Lionel Messi.
- Ronaldo has scored 10+ UCL goals for the 7th straight season.
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14