Daily Current Affairs 15 February 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 February 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 February 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 February 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Vande Bharat Express
- PM Modi has flagged-off India’s first semi-high speed ‘Train 18’ which is rechristened as Vande-Bharat Express.
- It will travel from Delhi to Varanasi in 9 hours and 45 minutes.
2. UNICEF in Maharashtra with Goa WCD
- UNICEF, Maharashtra has joined hands with Goa Women and Child Development to focus on the issues in the area of child protection.
- Goa :- Capital – Panaji || Chief Minister – Manohar Parrikar || Governor – Mridula Sinha
3. Bharat Ratna and Padma Awards can’t be used as Titles
- Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri can’t assume as titles before name within the scope of Article 18(1) of the Constitution.
- Article 18 of the Indian Constitution, one of the Fundamental Rights, deals with ‘Abolition of Titles’.
4. ‘Exercise Topchi’
- Indian Army has carried its annual ‘Exercise Topchi’ at Deolali Camp near Nashik.
- Chief of the Army Staff – General Bipin Rawat
5. New Election Commissioner
- President Kovind has appointed Sushil Chandra as the new Election Commissioner
- The other two members of the Commission are Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sunil Arora and Election Commissioner (EC) Ashok Lavasa.
- The Chief Election Commissioner heads the Election Commission of India, a body constitutionally empowered to conduct free and fair elections to the national and state legislatures and of President and Vice-President.
1. Macedonia now as ‘North Macedonia’
- Republic of Macedonia officially has changed its name to Republic of North Macedonia.
- Macedonia Capital: Skopje || Currency: Macedonian denar
2. US Attorney General
- William Barr has been appointed as the Attorney General of USA for the second time.
- Barr previously served in this position from 1991 to 1993 under the George H. W. Bush administration, and he returned to the post beginning in 2019 under the Trump administration.
3. India withdraws ‘Most Favoured Nation’ status to Pakistan
- India has withdrawn ‘Most Favoured Nation’ status to Pakistan with immediate effect after Pulwama attack. Pakistan was given the status in 1996.
- Most Favoured Nation is a treatment accorded to a trade partner to ensure non-discriminatory trade between two countries vis-a-vis other trade partners.
- The Central Reserve Police Force is the largest of India’s Central Armed Police Forces. It functions under the aegis of Ministry of Home Affairs of the Government of India. The CRPF’s primary role lies in assisting the State/Union Territories in police operations to maintain law and order and counter insurgency.
4. Manfred Eigen passes away
- Manfred Eigen was a German biophysical chemist who won the 1967 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for work on measuring fast chemical reactions.
- Eigen’s research helped solve major problems in physical chemistry and aided in the understanding of chemical processes that occur in living organisms.
1. e-AUSHADHI portal
- Minister of State (IC) for AYUSH, Shripad Yesso Naik has launched ‘e-AUSHADHI’ portal.
- e-AUSHADHI portal is for online licensing of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs and its related matters.
- The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy, abbreviated as AYUSH, is a governmental body in India purposed with developing, education and research in the field of alternative medicines including ayurveda, yoga, unani, naturopathy, siddha and homoeopathy.
2. PETA’s ‘Oscat’ Award
- ‘People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals’-PETA has awarded Bradley Cooper with ‘Oscat’ award.
- He was awarded for casting his own dog in his movie A Star is Born.
3. World Employment and Social Outlook Trends 2019
- The ‘World Employment and Social Outlook Trends 2019’ report is published by International Labour Organization.
- Global unemployment levels fell to a steady 5.0% in 2018.
- The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency that sets international labour standards and promotes social protection and work opportunities for all. The ILO has 187 member states: 186 of the 193 UN member states plus the Cook Islands are members of the ILO.
1. 3rd Indian to reach Top-100 in ATP rankings
- Prajnesh Gunneswaran at 97, has made into the top-100 in Men’s Singles Tennis rankings.
- He has become third Indian player after Somdev Devvarman and Yuki Bhambri.
2. India U-23 Football team coach
- Derrick Pereira has been named as Head Coach of the India U-23 team for the Asian Football Confederation Qualifiers.
- The Asian Football Confederation is the governing body of association football in Asia and Australia.
3. Sofia Open 2019
- Daniil Medvedev from Russia has won against Morton Fucsovics from Hungary in the Finale of Sofia Open 2019.
- Russia :- Capital- Moscow || Currency- Russian Rubel || Prime Minister- Dmitry Medvedev || President- Vladimir Putin
- Daily Current Affairs: February 1
- Daily Current Affairs: February 2
- Daily Current Affairs: February 3
- Daily Current Affairs: February 4
- Daily Current Affairs: February 5
- Daily Current Affairs: February 6
- Daily Current Affairs: February 7
- Daily Current Affairs: February 8
- Daily Current Affairs: February 9
- Daily Current Affairs: February 10
- Daily Current Affairs: February 11
- Daily Current Affairs: February 12
- Daily Current Affairs: February 13
- Daily Current Affairs: February 14