Daily Current Affairs 15 January 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 January 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 January 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 January 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Philip Kotler Presidential award
- PM Modi has awarded the first-ever Philip Kotler Presidential award by the World Marketing Summit India.
- The event was sponsored by a public sector company, GAIL India, and partnered by Patanjali group, Republic TV.
- Philip Kotler is an American marketing author, consultant, and professor; currently the S. C. Johnson Distinguished Professor of International Marketing at the Kellogg School of Management at North-western University.
2. Ashok Chawla has resigned
- Ashok Chawla has resigned as chairman of The Energy Resources Institute.
- The Energy and Resources Institute is a research institute in New Delhi that specializes in the fields of energy, environment and sustainable development. Established in 1974, it was formerly known as the Tata Energy Research Institute.
- Founder: Darbari S Seth || Founded: 1974 || Director General: Dr. Ajay Mathur || Subsidiary: ONGC Teri Biotech Limited || Type of business: Research, Non-profit organisation
3. Trishna Gas project
- Trishna Gas project of ONGC has been approved by The National Wildlife Board.
- This Project falls in the Trishna Wildlife Sanctuary in the Gomati district of Tripura.
- ONGC discovered around 10 gas bearing wells and extracted from these will be supplied to North Eastern Electric Power Corporation Ltd.
4. The Hindu Literary Prize
- Fiction :- English writer Neelum Saran Gour, author of Requiem in Raga Janki.
- Non-Fiction :- Bengali writer Manoranjan Byapari, author of Interrogating my Chandal Life: An Autobiography of a Dalit.
1. 24th Critics’ Choice Awards
- Christian Bale :- Best Actor Award for ‘Vice’.
- ‘Roma’ :- Best Picture.
- Alfonso Cuarón :- Best Director Award for ‘Roma’.
- Glenn Close and Lady Gaga won the Best Actress Award for ‘The Wife’ and ‘A Star Is Born’ respectively.
2. International Conference on Micro Irrigation
- The 9th International Micro Irrigation Conference on Modern Agriculture will be held in Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
- It will be organised by Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, GOI.
3. Tamil Nadu’s PWD with Cornwell University
- Both have signed an MOU which is aimed at introducing innovative approaches in water management.
- Cornell University is a private and statutory Ivy League research university in Ithaca, New York. Founded in 1865 by Ezra Cornell and Andrew Dickson White.
1. IDFC First Bank
- IDFC Bank’s name has been changed to IDFC First Bank after the completion of its merger with NBFC Capital First.
- Managing Director and CEO:- V Vaidyanathan (Former Capital First Founder and Chairman).
2. ‘ROADEO’ Traffic Control Robot
- Chennai Traffic Police has introduced ‘ROADEO’ Traffic Control Robot for traffic management
- Chennai, on the Bay of Bengal in eastern India, is the capital of the state of Tamil Nadu. The city is home to Fort St. George, built in 1644 and now a museum showcasing the city’s roots as a British military garrison and East India Company trading outpost, when it was called Madras. Religious sites include Kapaleeshwarar Temple, adorned with carved and painted gods, and St. Mary’s, a 17th-century Anglican church.
3. Pierre Nanterme has stepped down
- Accenture’s CEO Pierre Nanterme has stepped down from its position.
- CFO David Rowland has been named the interim CEO.
4. New Independent Director of ICICI Bank
- ICICI Bank has appointed B Sriram on its board as an independent director of Bank.
- B Sriram was the former Managing Director of SBI.
- ICICI Bank Limited is an Indian multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra with its registered office in Vadodara, Gujarat. In 2014, it was the second largest bank in India in terms of assets and third in term of market capitalisation.
1. ICC Test team rankings
- India have retained their number one spot.
- South Africa have overtaken New Zealand and England to take second position in the MRF Tyres ICC Test Team Rankings after sweeping their home series against Pakistan 3-0.
2. Mohammed Zulfiqar passes away
- Footballer Mohammed Zulfiqaruddin has passed away.
- He was a part of the fourth place finishing team in the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne.
- His teammate Neville D’Spouza became the first Asian player to score a hat-trick in an Olympic Games.
3. Asian Cup 2019
- India is out of Asian Cup 2019 after losing 0-1 to Bahrain.
- Stephen Constantine has resigned as the Indian football team’s head coach after the defeat.
- The 2019 AFC Asian Cup is the 17th edition of the AFC Asian Cup, the quadrennial international men’s football championship of Asia organised by the Asian Football Confederation. It is being held in the United Arab Emirates from 5 January to 1 February 2019.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,15 January
- Daily Current Affairs: January 1
- Daily Current Affairs: January 2
- Daily Current Affairs: January 3
- Daily Current Affairs: January 4
- Daily Current Affairs: January 5
- Daily Current Affairs: January 6
- Daily Current Affairs: January 7
- Daily Current Affairs: January 8
- Daily Current Affairs: January 9
- Daily Current Affairs: January 10
- Daily Current Affairs: January 11
- Daily Current Affairs: January 12
- Daily Current Affairs: January 13
- Daily Current Affairs: January 14
- Daily Current Affairs: January 15
- Daily Current Affairs: January 16
- Daily Current Affairs: January 17
- Daily Current Affairs: January 18
- Daily Current Affairs: January 19
- Daily Current Affairs: January 20
- Daily Current Affairs: January 21
- Daily Current Affairs: January 22
- Daily Current Affairs: January 23
- Daily Current Affairs: January 24
- Daily Current Affairs: January 25
- Daily Current Affairs: January 26
- Daily Current Affairs: January 27
- Daily Current Affairs: January 28
- Daily Current Affairs: January 29
- Daily Current Affairs: January 30
- Daily Current Affairs: January 31