Daily Current Affairs 15 July 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 July 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 July 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 July 2017 Current affairs test.
Important Days and Dates
JULY 15: World Youth Skills Day
Today, on July 15, the world celebrates “Youth Skills Day” as a U.N. international day that was adopted by a resolution of the U.N. General Assembly. The day aims to raise awareness about growing need of employment for youth and issues of their learning.
1. 3,300 pilgrims leave for Amarnath Yatra
- Despite a terror attack on a pilgrim bus in Anantnag, a fresh batch of about 3,300 devotees left for the Kashmir Valley.
- Around 2 lakh pilgrims have performed the yatra since it began on June 29th.
- The holy Himalayan cave is situated at 3,888 meters above sea level.
2. J&K CM meets Home Minister
- Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti met Home Minister Rajnath Singh to discuss Kashmir situation and security to Amarnath pilgrims.
- They discussed the steps taken to maintain peace in the Kashmir valley.
- The unrest commenced when Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani was killed in a encounter with security forces on July 8,2016.
3.Man arrested for desecration in South Goa
- Francisco Pereira was arrested for his alleged involvement on vandalising of crosses.
- He said he did it to release the souls and not with any enmity.
- In the past one month, seven cases of desecration of religious symbols took place in South Goa.
4. India’s first solar powered train launched
- A solar powered local train was launched in New Delhi with a battery bank facility that ensures sufficient power even in the absence of sunlight.
- The electrical need of the coaches will be fulfilled by the energy produced by solar panels fitted atop the coaches of Diesel Electric Multiple Unit Train.
1. US House passes a USD 621-billion Bill to boost defence cooperation with India
- The United States House of Representatives on Friday passed a defence policy Bill worth USD 621.5 billion (around Rs 41,31,000 crore), which proposes boosting cooperation with India in the sector.
- The National Defense Authorisation Act, 2018, was passed with 344 to 81 vote
2. Pair of Rio Rancho teens nominated for International Friendship Award
- An Albuquerque pair are the finalists of 2017 Alex and Ani friendship of the Year Award.
- This is organised by Best Buddies which is an international program that promotes social inclusion for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
3. Islamic State’s Afghan branch leader killed
- The killing of Abu Syed, the emir of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria by the US forces is the third time within an year that the terror group’s Afghanistan branch has lost its leader.
- General John Nicholson who leads US forces-Afghanistan has said that there is no safe haven for ISIS-K in Afghanistan.
4.For the first time, UK admits it owes the EU money for Brexit
- The United Kingdom on Friday conceded that it owes money to the European Union.
- “The government recognises that the UK has obligations to the EU,” Brexit Secretary David Davis said in a statement.
- Although the amount is not known yet, it is expected to be around €60 billion (around Rs 4.42 lakh crore).
1 .Vikram Limaye to take charge as NSE Chief
- Vikram Limaye will be the managing director and chief executive of National Stock Exchange(NSE) from Monday.
- He has been relieved of his responsibilities at the Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI).
2. Trade deficit widens to USD 13 billion
- According to a data released by the commerce ministry, trade deficit for June 2017 increased to USD 12.95 billion. In June 2016, the trade deficit was USD 8.1 billion.
- Imports climbed 19% whereas exports see slower growth.
3.Telecom subscriber base in India crosses 1.2 billion mark
- The telecom subscriber base crossed 1.2 billion mark in May, according to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai).
- The growth in India’s telecom subscriber base in May was led by 6.23 million net subscriber additions in the mobile services segment, Trai says in a report
4. Yes Bank gets USD 150 mn from OPIC to fund SME lending
- Private sector bank, Yes Bank has received USD 150 million funding from the US government and Wells Fargo to increase lending to support women entrepreneurs and small and medium-sized enterprises in India.
- This is the third round of funding to the bank as part of arrangement with the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) –the US government development finance institution — and Wells Fargo.
1. Federer wins against Berdych
- Roger Federer headed to the finals by beating Tomas Berdych in the semi-final.
- Federer, who hasn’t dropped a set in Wimbledon 2017 will face Marin Cilic in the final on Sunday.< li>
2. India to battle against NZ for spot in semi-final of Women’s World Cup
- It is a do or die situation for the Indian team to get the last semi-final spot in the ICC Women’s World Cup.
- Indian captain Mithali Raj has recently achieved the feat of leading run-getter in women’s ODI’s.< li>
3. Garbine Muguruza beats Venus Williams to win her first Wimbledon
- Garbine Muguruza beat Venus Williams in straight sets on Saturday to win her first Wimbledon title.
- The Spaniard beat the five-time champion 7-5, 6-0 on Centre court. She had also won the 2016 French Open. < li>
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31