Daily Current Affairs 15 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) constitutes a 10 Member Committee
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has constituted a 10 Member Committee, headed by the Secretary of Ministry of Corporate Affairs, for review of the penal provisions in the Companies Act, 2013 may be setup to examine ‘de-criminalisation’ of certain offences.
- The committee is headed by the Secretary and will have 8 members and 1 member secretary.
2. India will head the Asia Pacific Region of World Customs Organisation (WCO)
- The WCO has divided its Membership into six Regions. Each of the six Regions is represented by a regionally elected Vice-Chairperson (Region Head) to the WCO Council.
- This is done for two years as it s Vice Chair from July, 2018 to June, 2020. This will enable India to take on leadership role.
3. India-Bangladesh Home Minister level talks
- Rajnath Singh co-chairs the 6th meeting of India-Bangladesh Home Minister level talks with his counterpart, Mr. Asaduzzaman Khan in Dhaka.
- All security related matters of interest including counter-terrorism, border management, countering illegal activities like fake currency, drug and human trafficking etc. were discussed.
1. India and Pakistan to take part in an military drill in Russia
- This drill is being organized by the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).
- The name of the drill is : “Peace Mission”.
2. World Youth Skills Day
- This day was first observed by the United Nations General Assembly on 15th July 2015.
- Theme:-‘Improving the image of TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training)’.
3. Resolution 2428
- UN Security Council accepted The Resolution 2428 a resolution to impose an Arms embargo on South Sudan.
- Impose an Arms embargo means an official ban on trade or other commercial activity.
1. India’s economic growth will rise to 7.4%
- According to Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), India’s economic growth will rise to 7.4% in 2018 and 7.5% in 2019.
- OECD:- Headquarters: Paris, France. | Secretary General: Jose Angel Gurria. | Founded: 30 September 1961. | Members: 36.
2. Times Now-ICICI Bank Awards
- Prem Watsa was awarded the ‘NRI of the Year Award’ at Times NOW & ICICI Bank NRI of the Year Awards 2018 Mumbai.
- Indian football team captain Sunil Chhetri was awarded the ‘Global Indian Icon’ award.
3. Three crore Aadhaar authentications are done every three seconds
- Around 80 crore bank accounts are linked to Aadhaar.
- Aadhaar authentication does not require private information of applicants such as income, medical records, and caste, which can be used for trolling. “Aadhaar is your homegrown technology at one dollar each”.
1. Chelsea’s new manager
- Chelsea have appointed former international banker Maurizio Sarri as their new manager.
- Chelsea Football Club is a professional football club in London, England, that competes in the Premier League. Founded in 1905, the club’s home ground since then has been Stamford Bridge.
2. 4th Indian batsman to score 10,000 runs in ODIs
- Dhoni became the fourth Indian to achieve the mark of 10,000 runs in ODIs, during the second match against England.
- Dhoni also became the fourth wicket-keeper to complete 300 ODI catches after Adam Gilchrist (417), Mark Boucher (403) and Kumar Sangakkara (402).
3. FIFA World Cup 2018
- Team France was crowned as Champion as they defeated Croatia(4-2).
- Belgium defeated England in the third-place playoff today to finish third.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15