Daily Current Affairs 15 June 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 June 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 June 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 June 2019 Current affairs test.
1. International Arbitration Centre Bill
- Government has approved the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre Bill.
- Aim :- To setup an independent body for institutional arbitration
- It comes under The New Delhi International Arbitration Centre Ordinance, 2019.
- Arbitration, a form of alternative dispute resolution, is a way to resolve disputes outside the courts. The dispute will be decided by one or more persons, which renders the “arbitration award”. An arbitration award is legally binding on both sides and enforceable in the courts.
2. Mission Aditya-L1
- India is set to launch Aditya-L1 as its first mission to study the sun in 2020.
- Aditya or Aditya-L1 is a spacecraft whose mission is to study the Sun. It was conceptualised by the Advisory Committee for Space Research in January 2008.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation is the space agency of the Government of India headquartered in the city of Bengaluru. Its vision is to “harness space technology for national development while pursuing space science research and planetary exploration.”
3. Mukhyamantri Vriddha Pension Yojna
- Bihar Government has launched ‘Mukhyamantri Vriddha Pension Yojna’ for poor people above 60 years of age.
- Above 60 years will get Rs 400 per month
- Above 80 years will get Rs 500 per month
- Governor: Lalji Tandon || Chief minister: Nitish Kumar || Capital: Patna
4. Indian horticulturist Kaleem Ullah Khan
- Haji Kalimullah has named a new variety of mango after Home Minister Amit Shah.
- Haji Kalimullah Khan, popularly known as Mango man, is an Indian horticulturist and fruit breeder, known for his accomplishments in breeding mangoes and other fruits.
- He is known to have grown over 300 different varieties of mangoes on a single tree, using grafting techniques.
1. Intersessional meeting of Kimberley Process
- The Intersessional meeting of Kimberley Process (KP) will be hosted by India from 17th to 21st June, 2019 in Mumbai.
- The Kimberley Process Certification Scheme is the process established in 2003 to prevent “conflict diamonds” from entering the mainstream rough diamond market by United Nations General Assembly Resolution 55/56 following recommendations in the Fowler Report.
- India is the current chair of Kimberley Process Certification Scheme.
2. ‘Education USA’ App
- USA Embassy has launched ‘Education USA’ app for Indian students
- Aim :- To strengthen higher education ties between India and the United States.
- In 2018, around 196,000 Indian students enrolled in the higher education institutions in the US which is more than double the number of students from a decade ago.
- Capital: Washington, D.C. || President: Donald Trump
3. International Yoga Day 2019
- International Day of Yoga is celebrated annually on 21 June since its inception in 2015.
- An international day for yoga was declared unanimously by the United Nations General Assembly.
- Theme :- ‘Yoga for Heart’.
- Narendra Modi in his UN address suggested the date of 21 June, as it is the longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and shares a special significance in many parts of the world.
4. LGBT Pride Month
- LGBT pride is the positive stance against discrimination and violence toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people to promote their self-affirmation, dignity, equality rights, increase their visibility as a social group, build community.
- The month of June was chosen for LGBT Pride Month to commemorate the Stonewall riots, which occurred at the end of June 1969.
- As a result, many pride events are held during this month to recognize the impact LGBT people have had in the world.
1. Blackstone Group with Aadhar Housing Finance Ltd
- Blackstone Group has acquired 97.7% stake in Aadhar Housing Finance Ltd.
- The Blackstone Group is an American multinational private equity, alternative asset management and financial services firm based in New York City.
- CEO: Stephen A. Schwarzman
2. ‘Tech Bee’ programme
- HCL Technologies has inducted ‘Tech Bee’ programme for students who have completed XII th standard.
- HCL Technologies Limited is an Indian multinational information technology service and consulting company headquartered in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. It is a subsidiary of HCL Enterprise.
- CEO: C Vijayakumar || Headquarters: Noida || Founders: Shiv Nadar, Arjun Malhotra, Ajai Chowdhry, Yogesh Vaidya, D.S. Puri
- Parent organizations: HCL Enterprise, Vama Sundari Investments (Delhi) Private Limited
3. Amazon Spark
- Amazon has shut down its Instagram competitor ‘Spark’, a shopping social networking platform.
- Amazon in 2017 launched ‘Amazon Spark’ own take on Instagram with a shoppable feed of stories and photos aimed at Prime members.
- Amazon.com, Inc., is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming and artificial intelligence.
- CEO and Founder: Jeff Bezos || Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, United States
4. Brand Trust Report, 2019
- 1. Dell
- 2. Jeep
- 3. LIC
- 4. Amazon
- 5. Apple iPhone
- ‘Brand Trust Report 2019’ was released by Trust Research Advisory (TRA).
1. Premier League 2019/20 season
- The 2019–20 Premier League will be the 28th season of the Premier League, the top English professional league for association football clubs, since its establishment in 1992.
- Manchester City are the defending champions for the second successive year.
- Dates: Sat, 10 Aug, 2019 – Sun, 17 May, 2020
2. Eden Hazard at Real Madrid
- Spanish Football Club Real Madrid has signed Belgian forward Eden Hazard from Chelsea.
- Real Madrid Club de Fútbol, commonly referred to as Real Madrid, is a Spanish professional football club based in Madrid. Founded on 6 March 1902 as the Madrid Football Club, the club has traditionally worn a white home kit since inception.
- Chelsea Football Club is a professional football club in Fulham, London, England, that competes in the Premier League, the highest tier of English football.
3. 2019 Copa América
- The 2019 Copa América is the 46th edition of the Copa América, the quadrennial international men’s association football championship organized by South America’s football ruling body CONMEBOL.
- It has started in Brazil.
- Chile are the two-time defending champions, having won the 2015 and 2016 editions of the tournament.
- Daily Current Affairs: June 1
- Daily Current Affairs: June 2
- Daily Current Affairs: June 3
- Daily Current Affairs: June 4
- Daily Current Affairs: June 5
- Daily Current Affairs: June 6
- Daily Current Affairs: June 7
- Daily Current Affairs: June 8
- Daily Current Affairs: June 9
- Daily Current Affairs: June 10
- Daily Current Affairs: June 11
- Daily Current Affairs: June 12
- Daily Current Affairs: June 13
- Daily Current Affairs: June 14
- Daily Current Affairs: June 15
- Daily Current Affairs: June 16
- Daily Current Affairs: June 17
- Daily Current Affairs: June 18
- Daily Current Affairs: June 19
- Daily Current Affairs: June 20
- Daily Current Affairs: June 21
- Daily Current Affairs: June 22
- Daily Current Affairs: June 23
- Daily Current Affairs: June 24
- Daily Current Affairs: June 25
- Daily Current Affairs: June 26
- Daily Current Affairs: June 27
- Daily Current Affairs: June 28
- Daily Current Affairs: June 29
- Daily Current Affairs: June 30