Daily Current Affairs 15 March 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 March 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 March 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 March 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Pune best governed city in country, Bengaluru worst : Survey
- Pune was followed by Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Bhubaneswar and Surat.
- The study ranked 23 cities and evaluated the quality of governance by analysing the functioning of their urban local bodies.
2. Rs.12,400 cr sanctioned to Andhra as special assistance : Govt
- The Central govt informed the Parliament that Rs.2,500 cr had been sanctioned for constructing the state’s capital city of Amaravati.
- This comes amid protests by the TDP against the govt over granting of special status to the state.
3. IAF to buy 324 light combat jets Tejas
- The IAF has agreed to buy 123 ‘present-day’ Tejas jets for Rs.75,000 cr.
- It has stated that the other 201 Tejas Mark-ii jets should be new fighters with upgraded avionics, radars and more powerful engines.
4.MoU signed between India and Sri Lanka
- The Cabinet was on Wednesday informed about a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Sri Lanka for promoting co-operation in Information Technology (IT) and Electronics field.
- The MoU aims to promote co-operation in the areas such as e-governance, m-governance, electronics-public services delivery, cyber security, software technology parks, startups ecosystem, among others.
1. 3 Indian cities named among world’s 10 cheapest cities
- Bengaluru at 5th, Chennai at 8th and New Delhi at 10th place among the 10 cities.
- The survey mentioned that the best value for money has traditionally been particularly offered by Indian and Pakistani cities.
2. Pak calls back envoy to India over ‘harassment’ of diplomats
- Pak has called back its High Commissioner to India, Sohail Mahmood over harassment of its diplomats in India by Indian agencies.
- Pak claimed that his children were stopped mid-way to school and the driver was harassed.
3. Trump admits he made up facts during meeting with Canada PM
- Trump said he told Trudeau that the US runs a trade deficit with Canada without knowing if it was the case.
- Trump had made false claims on several issues in the past.
4.Finland is the happiest country in the world, says UN report
- Finland is the world’s happiest country while troubled Burundi is the most discontent, according to a new UN report.Finland has overtaken Norway to become the happiest nation on earth.
- The Nordic nation headed up the 156-country ranking, followed by 2017 winner Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Switzerland. The United States and and the United Kingdom were in 18th and 19th place respectively.
- India has been ranked 133rd, far behind terror-ravaged Pakistan and poorest-of-poor Nepal in the list. It has slipped 11 places from 2017
1. Amazon’s 1 month gain more than RIL’s total market value
- Amazon added nearly $99 bn in market capitalisation in the last one month.
- The market cap of Mukesh Ambani owned RIL is about $89 bn.
2. HUL offers Rs.36 cr GST benefits to govt
3.India’s growth to speed to 7.3%: World Bank
- The World Bank in its India Economic Update has predicted India’s economy to grow at 6.7% in the current financial year, which is set to accelerate to 7.3% in 2018-19 and 7.5% in 2019-20.
- The Central Statistics Office predicted GDP growth to be 6.6% in the current financial year.
1. India defeat Bangladesh to secure tri-series final berth
- India have sealed their place in the final of T20I tri-series after defeating Bangladesh in their 4th match of the tournament in Colombo.
- The final of the tri-series will take place in Sunday.
2. Nehwal loses to world no. 1
- Saina Nehwal crashed out of the All England Open after losing to world no.1 Tai Tzu Ying.
- It was the 27-year-old’s 8th consecutive win against the world number one.
3.Indian football team re-enter top-100 in FIFA rankings
- The Indian football team has re-entered the top-100 of the FIFA world rankings and is now placed at 99th at the latest chart released today.
- Last year, the Indian team broke into the top-100 three times, rising as high as 96th in July.
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15