Daily Current Affairs 15 March 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 March 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 March 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 March 2019 Current affairs test.
1. Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- President Kovind has inaugurated the Festival of Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- He also presented the 10th Biennial National Grassroots Innovation Awards.
2. Param Vishisht Seva Medal
- Chief of Army Staff Bipin Rawat was conferred with the Param Vishisht Seva Medal by President Kovind.
- Param Vishisht Seva Medal is a military award of India. It was constituted in 1960 and since then till date, it is awarded in recognition to peace-time service of the most exceptional order and may be awarded posthumously.
- General Bipin Rawat is the 27th Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army. He assumed office on 31 December 2016 after retirement of General Dalbir Singh.
- The President also conferred 15 Param VishishtSeva Medals, 1 Uttam Yudh Seva Medals and 25 Ati Vishisht Seva Medals to senior officers of the Armed Forces for distinguished service.
3. National Security Guard of India with US Special Operations Forces
- USA Special Forces Group with India’s National Security Guard held a joint exercise in Hyderabad.
- The National Security Guard is an Indian special forces unit under the Ministry of Home Affairs. It was raised in 1984, following Operation Blue Star and the assassination of Indira Gandhi, “for combating terrorist activities with a view to protect states against internal disturbances”.
- Director General of NSG: Sudeep Lakhtakia
4. USA to build 6 US nuclear power plants in India
- At the 9th round of the India-US Strategic Security Dialogue held in Washington DC, USA has decided to build 6 US nuclear power plants in India.
- Indian delegation was led by Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale.
1. First Thari Hindu woman Senator of Pakistan
- Krishna Kumari Kohli has been appointed as first female senator of Pakistan from the Hindu Dalit community.
- She is also the first Thari Hindu woman to be elected to the Pakistan senate.
- She became the first Hindu Dalit woman and the second Hindu woman elected to the Senate after Ratna Bhagwandas Chawla.
- Thari (a dialect of Sindhi) is spoken in Sindh in Pakistan.
2. World Sleep Day
- World Sleep Day is observed on 15th March.
- World Sleep Day is an annual event organized by the World Sleep Day Committee of the World Sleep Society, formerly World Association of Sleep Medicine, since 2008.
3. Pi Day
- Pi Day is an annual celebration of the mathematical constant π. Pi Day is observed on March 14.
- Since 3, 1, and 4 are the first three significant digits of π. In 2009, the United States House of Representatives supported the designation of Pi Day.
4. Mercer’s 2019 Quality of Living Ranking
- Vienna (Austrian capital) has topped Mercer’s Index of Most Liveable Cities for the 10th year in a row.
- Baghdad (Iraq Capital) ranked last in the List.
- Austria :- Capital: Vienna || Official and national language: Austrian German || Currency: Euro
- Iraq :- Capital: Baghdad || Currency: Iraqi dinar || President: Barham Salih || Prime minister: Adil Abdul-Mahdi
- Mercer is the world’s largest human resources consulting firm. Headquartered in New York.
1. Hinduja Global Solutions with NASSCOM Foundation
- Hinduja Global Solutions with NASSCOM Foundation has launched a centre of excellence for training persons with disabilities in Bengaluru.
- Hinduja Global Solutions is an Indian pure play business and service provider headquartered in Bangalore, and part of the Hinduja Group.
- The National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) is a trade association of Indian Information Technology (IT) and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry. Established in 1988, NASSCOM is a non-profit organisation.
2. New LIC Chairman
- MR Kumar has been appointed as the Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation replacing Hemant Bhargava.
- Vipin Anand and TC Suseel Kumar as the managing directors.
- Life Insurance Corporation of India is an Indian state-owned insurance group and investment company headquartered in Mumbai. It is the largest insurance company in India with an estimated asset value of ₹2,529,390 crore.
3. Commonwealth Youth Award
- Social Entrepreneur Padmanaban Gopalan from Tamil Nadu was named the winner of the Commonwealth Youth Award for the Asian region.
- He is the founder of Start-up No Food Waste
- No Food Waste – A Technology and volunteerism based excess food recovery network operating in 7 cities feeding 500 people on an average every day in various hunger spots. Also works on Technologies and tools to reduce and re-purpose food waste.
4. Infosys’ Digital Innovation Centre
- Infosys has tied up with the University of Bucharest and the University Politehnica Bucharest and will open a Digital Innovation Centre at Bucharest in Romania.
- Romania Capital: Bucharest || Currency: Romanian leu
1. Official sponsor for Cricket World Cup 2019
- GoDaddy has partnered with ICC as official sponsor for Cricket World Cup 2019.
- GoDaddy Inc. is an American publicly traded Internet domain registrar and web hosting company, headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona and incorporated in Delaware.
2. Former Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal
- Former Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has announced his retirement from football (Managerial Career).
- He is a Dutch former football manager and player. At club level, he served as manager of Ajax, Barcelona, AZ Alkmaar, Bayern Munich and Manchester United, as well as having two spells in charge of the Netherlands national team.
3. GeeBee Boxing Tournament
- The 38th GeeBee Boxing Tournament was recently concluded at Helsinki, Finland.
- India has won 1 Gold, 4 Silver and 3 Bronze medals
- Gold :- Kavinder Singh Bisht
- Silver :- Mohammed Hussamuddin || Govind Kumar Sahani || Shiva Thapa || Dinesh Dagar
- Bronze :- Sachin Siwach || Sumit Sangwan || Naveen Kumar
4. Copa America 2020
- Argentina and Colombia will co-host Copa America 2020.
- CONMEBOL Sports association :- The South American Football Confederation is the continental governing body of football in South America and it is one of FIFA’s six continental confederations. The oldest continental confederation in the world, its headquarters are located in Luque, Paraguay, near Asunción.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,15 March
- Daily Current Affairs: March 1
- Daily Current Affairs: March 2
- Daily Current Affairs: March 3
- Daily Current Affairs: March 4
- Daily Current Affairs: March 5
- Daily Current Affairs: March 6
- Daily Current Affairs: March 7
- Daily Current Affairs: March 8
- Daily Current Affairs: March 9
- Daily Current Affairs: March 10
- Daily Current Affairs: March 11
- Daily Current Affairs: March 12
- Daily Current Affairs: March 13
- Daily Current Affairs: March 14
- Daily Current Affairs: March 15
- Daily Current Affairs: March 16
- Daily Current Affairs: March 17
- Daily Current Affairs: March 18
- Daily Current Affairs: March 19
- Daily Current Affairs: March 20
- Daily Current Affairs: March 21
- Daily Current Affairs: March 22
- Daily Current Affairs: March 23
- Daily Current Affairs: March 24
- Daily Current Affairs: March 25
- Daily Current Affairs: March 26
- Daily Current Affairs: March 27
- Daily Current Affairs: March 28
- Daily Current Affairs: March 29
- Daily Current Affairs: March 30
- Daily Current Affairs: March 31