Daily Current Affairs 15 May 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 May 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 May 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 May 2018 Current affairs test.
1. K’taka CM Siddharamaiah resigns
- He resigned after Congress’ poor poll performance.
- BJP has secured 104 while Congress and JD(S) announced an alliance to form the govt.
2. Aadhaar not mandatory for getting pension
- The govt said that it is the use of technology for submission of life certificate.
- There are 61.17 lakh pensioners.
3. Gujarat farmers seek mass euthanasia
- 5,000 farmers sought this if govt does not return their land acquired by a mining company.
- The farmers demand return or reacquisition.
4. IIM-A launched initiative to fund startups
- Bharat Inclusion Initiative will focus on startups working towards education.
- It has a commitment of $25 mn from The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
1. China sanctions loan for Sri Lankan expressway
- China has approved $1bn as loan to construct the expressway.
- The country has emerged as Sri Lanka’s single-largest lender.
2. Bangladesh arrests large number of drug traffickers
- The police arrested 1700 in a nationwide drive.
- The drive is aimed at curbing the surge in trade of methamphetamine along the borders.
3. US opens Jerusalem embassy
- The country’s embassy is opened in Israel’s Jerusalem.
- 41 Palestinians were killed and 1700 were injured in protest pertaining to the embassy.
1. Retail inflation at 4.58%
- India’s retail inflation is 4.58% in April compared to 4.28% in March.
- It was the 6th straight month crossing RBI’s target of 4%.
2. Vodafone CEO to step down
- CEO Vittorio Colao will step down after working for Vodafone for a decade.
- CFO Nick Read will succeed Colao.
3. Bharti Airtel acquires Telenor India
- Airtel will begin integrating Telenor’s operations across 7 circles.
- Post-deal, Airtel customer base in India is up to 33 cr.
1. Kaur and Mandhana will lead teams in IPL
- Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana will lead the 2 teams in women’s T20 Challenge match.
- Suzie Bates, Alyssa Healy and Danielle Wyatt will feature in Wankhade stadium.
2. Kohli slams 500+ runs in IPL 2018
- Virat Kohli has scored 500+ runs in 5 different IPL seasons.
- Earlier, he achieved the feat in 2011, 2013,2015, and 2016.
- Daily Current Affairs: May 1
- Daily Current Affairs: May 2
- Daily Current Affairs: May 3
- Daily Current Affairs: May 4
- Daily Current Affairs: May 5
- Daily Current Affairs: May 6
- Daily Current Affairs: May 7
- Daily Current Affairs: May 8
- Daily Current Affairs: May 9
- Daily Current Affairs: May 10
- Daily Current Affairs: May 11
- Daily Current Affairs: May 12
- Daily Current Affairs: May 13
- Daily Current Affairs: May 14
- Daily Current Affairs: May 15