Daily Current Affairs 15 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1.India’s first Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit begins in Chhattisgarh.
- India’s first Tribal Entrepreneurship Summit began in Dantewada, Chhattisgarh.
- The event has been organized by NITI Aayog in partnership with the Government of United States of America.
2.Anand Kumar of Super 30 presented Rashtriya Bal Kalyan Award.
- Super 30 Founder Anand Kumar has received this year’s Rashtiya Bal Kalyan Award by President Ram Nath Kovind for his contributions in the field of education.
- Kumar’s coaching institute provides free education, accommodation and food to students from underprivileged sections to crack IIT entrance examination.
3.WB has Rosogolla, we have Odia Rasagola.
- After West Bengal won Geographical Indication registration for Rosogolla, the Odisha government has asserted that ‘Rasgola’, the Odia variation of the sweet, originated in the state over 800 years ago.
- Odisha claims the sweet has been served in the state’s temples since 12th century.
1.China launches world’s first fully electric ship.
- China has launched the world’s first fully electric cargo which can travel up to 80km with 2000-tonne cargo after a two-hour charge.
- The 600-tonne vessel manufactured by the Guangzhou Shipyard International Company Ltd is powered by a 26-tonne lithium battery.
2.Saudi Arabia recognizes Yoga as sports activity.
- The Saudi Arabia government has approved the practice of yoga as sports activity.
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has recognized the practice of Yoga as an approved sport, which can be practiced freely there.
3.Virtual nation Asgardia launched its first satellite ‘Asgardia-1’ into space.
- The space kingdom of Asgardia has launched its first satellite.
- This is so called virtual nation is the pet project of Russian scientist and billionaire Igor Ashurbeyli.
1.37th India International Trade Fair begins in New Delhi.
- 37th Indian International Trade Fair has begun at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi. The 14-day annual event has been organized by the India Trade Promotion Organization (ITPO).
- This year the theme of the fair is “Startup India Standup India” and Vietnam is the Partner country.
2.Ambanis top Forbes list of Asia’s richest families.
- India’s Ambani family has topped the Forbes list of Asia’s 50 richest families for the first time with a net worth of $44.8bn.
- The family’s net worth rose by $19bn, making it the biggest gainer in dollar and percentage terms.
1.Aditi, first Indian to qualify for LPGA tour championship.
- Aditi Ashok has qualified for the season ending CME Group Tour Championship on the LGPA, becoming the first from the country to play in the prestigious meet.
- The 19-year old prodigy from Bengaluru is one of the eight rookies to make it to the Tour Championships in what is one of the strongest fields in women’s golf.
2.Iran weightlifter to auction Olympic Gold for quake victims.
- Iran’s Olympic weightlifting champion Kianoush Rostami will auction his gold medal, which he won at the 2016 Rio Games, to raise money for victims of earthquake.
- Earthquake which struck Iran on Sunday has claimed lives of 500 people and was the deadliest to strike Iran since 2012.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15