Daily Current Affairs 15 November 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 November 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 November 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 November 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Shri Ramayana Express
- It is a special tourist train to run on the Ramayana circuit related to the Hindu epic ‘Ramayana’ was flagged off from Safdarjung Railway Station in New Delhi.
- Ramayana circuit will have Nandigram, Sitamarhi, Janakpur, Varanasi, Prayag, Shringverpur, Chitrakoot, Nasik, Hampi and Rameshwaram.
2. Rs 75 coin
- Rs 75 coin will be issued by government to mark 75th anniversary of Tricolour hoisting by Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose hoisted the Tricolour for the first time at Port Blair in Andaman Nicobar Islands. A portrait of ‘Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose’ saluting the flag on the background of Cellular Jail will be unveiled in Port Blair.
3. Additional portfolios in charge, following the demise of Ananth Kumar
- Sadananda Gowda – Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers.
- Narendra Singh Tomar – Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
4. GSLV-MK-III D2 carrying GSAT-29 satellite
- ISRO has launched GSAT-29 satellite by GSLV-MK-III D2 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
- Director: K Sivan || Headquarters: Bengaluru || Founder: Vikram Sarabhai || Founded: 15 August 1969
1. World Diabetes Day
- World Diabetes Day was observed on November 14.
- Theme :- ‘The Family and Diabetes’.
2. India International Trade Fair
- It is 14-day annual event was inaugurated by Union Minister of State for Culture Mahesh Sharma in New Delhi.
- Theme of 38th IITF :- ‘Rural Enterprises in India’.
3. Andhra Govt. with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- A Cloud-based skill initiative was launched by with Andhra Govt. with Amazon Web Services.
- The name of initiative is ‘Cloud For All-Knowledge and Skills Mission’.
- The aim is to skill 60,000 students across the state’s over 300 engineering and non-engineering colleges by 2020.
4. New Enforcement Directorate Director
- Sanjay Mishra has been appointed as the new Enforcement Directorate Director (ED).
- The Directorate of Enforcement is a law enforcement agency and economic intelligence agency responsible for enforcing economic laws and fighting economic crime in India. It is part of the Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Government Of India.
1. Singapore Fintech Festival (SFF)
- PM Modi has addressed The Third Edition Singapore Fintech Festival (SFF) in Singapore.
- It is a global competition of FinTech solutions and a platform for matching entrepreneurs and investment capital.
2. Ashok Leyland’s CEO has resigned
- Ashok Leyland has announced the resignation of its MD and CEO Vinod K Dasari which will be effective March 31 2019.
- Ashok Leyland is an Indian automobile company headquartered in Chennai, India. It is owned by the Hinduja Group. Founded in 1948, it is the second largest commercial vehicle manufacturer in India, fourth largest manufacturer of buses in the world and 12th largest manufacturer of trucks globally.
3. Bank for International Settlements
- Bank for International Settlements has appointed Siddharth Tiwari as the Chief Representative for Asia-Pacific Region.
- The Bank for International Settlements is an international financial institution owned by central banks which “fosters international monetary and financial cooperation and serves as a bank for central banks”.
4. 6th Indian Social Work Congress
- Late Dr. Martha Farrell has been conferred with the ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ at the 6th Indian Social Work Congress in New Delhi.
- Martha Farrell was a passionate civil society leader, renowned and respected in India and around the world for her work on women’s rights, gender equality and adult education. She was among 14 people killed in a terrorist attack on a guest house in Kabul, Afghanistan on 13 May 2015.
1. Joe Cole has retired
- Football Joe Cole has announced his retirement from all format.
- He is an English retired professional footballer who played as an attacking midfielder or winger in the Premier League, Ligue 1, League One and United Soccer League.
2. Hima Das as Youth Ambassador
- Hima Das will be appointed as UNICEF India’s Youth Ambassador.
- Hima Das, nicknamed the “Dhing Express”, is an Indian sprint runner from the state of Assam. She holds the current Indian national record in 400 metres with a timing of 50.79 s that she clocked at the 2018 Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia.
3. Marca’s football awards (Spanish Football Awards Laliga)
- Zamora trophy (Goalkeeper of the year ):– Jan Oblak
- Zarra award (for the top Spanish scorer):– Iago Aspas
- Miguel Munoz trophy (for La Liga’s best coach):– Marcelino
- Guruceta trophy (for La Liga’s best referee):– Carlos Del Cerro Grande
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15