Daily Current Affairs 15 November 2019: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 November 2019. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 November 2019. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 November 2019 Current affairs test.
1. e-Ganna App
- Uttar Pradesh Government has launched a mobile application ‘e-Ganna App’ for sugarcane farmers of the state.
- Uttar Pradesh: Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath || Governor: Anandiben Patel.
2. Indian Society of Aerospace Medicine (ISAM) Annual Conference
- Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria has inaugurated the 58th Indian Society of Aerospace Medicine Annual Conference.
- Theme: ‘Changing Paradigms in Aerospace Healthcare’.
3. Swachh-Nirmal Tat Abhiyaan
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has launched ‘Swachh-Nirmal Tat Abhiyaan’ which is a mass cleanliness-cum-awareness drive in 50 identified beaches.
- Aim: To save marine creatures from plastic waste, industrial effluents and other harmful substances.
- Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change: Prakash Javadekar.
4. Bali Yatra Festival
- Bali Yatra festival has started at the bank of Mahanadi River in Cuttack, Odisha.
- It is organised every year in memory of the rich maritime history of Odisha.
1. Council of Heads of Government of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation 2020
- India will host the 19th Council of Heads of Government of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation 2020.
- The 18th Council of Heads of Government of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation 2019 was held in Tashkent in November 2019.
- Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) is an international alliance that consists of 8 member states and 3 observers from Eurasia. It was established on 26 April 1996 as Shanghai Five. Of the 8 member states and 3 observers, SCO currently also have 3 dialogue partners and 3 guest attendance entries.
- SCO Secretary-General: Vladimir Norov || Headquarters: Beijing, China || Founded: 26 April 1996
2. Board of Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Chairperson of the Reliance Foundation Nita Ambani has been named an honorary trustee of ‘The Metropolitan Museum of Art’.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art of New York City, colloquially “the Met”, is the largest art museum in the United States. With 6,953,927 visitors to its three locations in 2018, it was the third most visited art museum in the world.
3. BrankoLustig passes away
- BrankoLustig was a Croatian film producer best known for winning Academy Awards for Best Picture for Schindler’s List and Gladiator.
- Schindler’s List: Oskar Schindler, a German industrialist and member of the Nazi party, tries to save his Jewish employees after witnessing the persecution of Jews in Poland.
4. India-ASEAN Business Summit 2019
- India-ASEAN Business Summit 2019 has started in New Delhi.
- Theme: ‘Today, Tomorrow, Together’.
- Aim: To enhance the trade trajectory between India and ASEAN.
1. New CMD of India Tourism Development Corporation
- India Tourism Development Corporation has appointed G Kamala Vardhana Rao as the new Chairman and Managing Director.
- The India Tourism Development Corporation is a hospitality, retail and education company owned by Government of India, under Ministry of Tourism. Established in 1966, it owns over 17 properties under the Ashok Group of Hotels brand, across India.
2. GDP forecast by SBI
- SBI has revised India’s GDP to 5% from its earlier estimate of 6.1% for the Fiscal Year 2020.
- India is expected to pick up growth rate in Fiscal Year 2021 to 6.2%.
- SBI: Chairman: Rajnish Kumar || Formed: 1 July 1955 || Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Wikipedia Co-founder Jimmy Wales has re-launched ‘WikiTribune’, a social-networking and news sharing site.
- Wikipedia’s tech framework is supported by a non-profit parent organization, the Wikimedia Foundation Inc, which also supports Wikipedia’s sister projects, including Wiktionary (a wiki dictionary), Wikibooks (textbooks), and others, and owns all of their domain names.
4. First Indian bank to cross Rs 7 lakh crore market value
- HDFC Bank has become the third Indian company and first bank to cross Rs 7 lakh crore in market value.
- Reliance, with a market cap of Rs 9.38 lakh crore, is currently the country’s most valued company, followed by TCS at Rs 8.23 lakh crore.
- HDFC Bank Ltd. is an Indian banking and financial services company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It has a base of 111,208 permanent employees as of 30 September 2019. HDFC Bank is India’s largest private sector lender by assets. It is the largest bank in India by market capitalisation as of February 2016.
- CEO: Aditya Puri || Headquarters: Mumbai || Founded: August 1994, India
1. Nitto ATP Finals
- The 2019 ATP Finals is a men’s tennis tournament that will be played at the O2 Arena in London, United Kingdom.
- It is the season-ending event for the highest-ranked singles players and doubles teams on the 2019 ATP Tour.
2. USA Grand Prix
- Winner: Valtteri Bottas
- Runner-up: Lewis Hamilton