Daily Current Affairs 15 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 15 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 15 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 15 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Bengaluru metro launches 4 apps for last mile connectivity
- The Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited launched the apps to provide last mile connectivity to commuters of two metro stations-Baiyappanahalli and Swami Vivekananda Road.
- The apps will help the commuters rent vehicles and find parking space if they board or alight at those metro stations.
2. Sunil Jakhar wins Gurdaspur by-polls
- Congress candidate Sunil Jakhar won the by-bolls for Punjab’s Gurdaspur constituency by 1.9 lakh votes.
- The seat which was earlier held by the BJP, fell vacant in April following MP Vinod Khanna’s death.
3. PM Modi to launch AIIA
- PM Modi will inaugurate the country’s first All India Institute of Ayurveda in New Delhi on Ayurveda Day on Oct 17th .
- The 10-acre campus is set up with a Rs.157 crore budget and houses a 200-bed hospital and an academic block.
1. Note ban, GST will drive growth: Philip Hammond
- British Finance Minister Philip Hammond said that demonetisation and GST implementation in India would be strong supporters of GDP after a temporary negative impact.
- He said this in a meeting with Indian Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in Washington.
2. 22 killed in twin bombings in Somalia
- There were two explosions in Somalia’s capital Mogadishu.
- There was no claim of responsibility, however al-Qaeda-allied militant group al-Shabaab carries out regular attacks in the region.
3. Death toll from California wildfire rises to 40
- The death toll rose to 40, making it the US state’s deadliest-ever fire incident.
- There are 16 ongoing wildfires across the state.
1. Indian economy on ‘very solid track’: IMF Chief
- Christine Lagarde, the Chief of IMF said that GST and demonetisation are monumental reforms.
- This comes after the IMF recently lowered India’s growth forecast for 2017 from 7.2% to 6.7%.
2. IndusInd Bank approves merger with Bharat Financial
- IndusInd Bank will acquire microfinance firm Bharat Financial Inclusion and will exchange 639 of its shares for every 1,000 shares in BFIL.
- The transaction is subject to approvals from the RBI, SEBI, NCLT and shareholders.
1.Federer beats Nadal to claim 6th title of the year
- Switzerlands’s Roger Federer defeated world no 1 Rafael Nadal to claim the title at the Shanghai Masters.
- Federer also ended Nadal’s 16-match winning streak.
2.Maria Sharapova wins first title since doping ban
- Maria Sharapova clinched the title at Tianjin Open by defeating Aryna Sabalenka of Belarus.
- This is her career’s 36th title.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15