Daily Current Affairs 1 October 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 1 October 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 1 October 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 October 2018 Current affairs test.
1. India’s 1st Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel
- Indian Navy has inducted its 1st Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel (DSRV).
- DSRV can be used to rescue downed or disaster-struck submarines in sea.
2. Future Policy Gold Award
- Sikkim was awarded Future Policy Gold Award (Gold Prize) for becoming the world’s first totally organic agriculture state.
- This award was given by UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
3. Online Assurances Monitoring System (OAMS)
- Vijay Goel has inaugurated the Online Assurances Monitoring System (OAMS).
- This will create a create transparency in assurance process in Parliamentary affairs.
4. Annapurna Devi passes away
- Musician Annapurna Devi at 91, has passed away in Mumbai.
- Annapurna Devi was an Indian surbahar (Music Instrument) player of Hindustani classical music. She was given the name ‘Annapurna’ by former Maharaja Brijnath Singh of the former Maihar Estate
1. World Bank’s Human Capital Index
- Top Five :- Singapore followed by South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and Finland.
- Bottom Five :- Liberia, Mali, Niger, South Sudan and Chad
- India is at 115th position out of 157 countries.
2. Global Hunger Index 2018
- India is ranked 103rd out of 119 countries.
- It is released by NGO Concern Worldwide (Ireland) and NGO Welthungerhilfe (Germany).
- Top 5 :- Belarus, Cuba, Estonia, Kuwait, Latviaall.
- Bottom 5 :- Zambia, Madagascar, Yemen, Chadand Central African Republic.
3. International Day of Rural Women
- International Day of Rural Women is observed on October 15.
- Theme :- ‘Sustainable infrastructure, services and social protection for gender equality and the empowerment of rural women and girls’.
4. NASA’s Voyager 2
- Voyager 2 probe is about to enter in Interstellar Space.
- Voyager 2 was launched on August 21, 1977. It has crossed the Kuiper Belt (beyond Pluto).
1. Centre for Fourth Industrial Revolution in India
- World Economic Forum has inducted a new Centre for ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’ in Maharashtra India.
- It will be fourth centre in chain and other centres are as below :-
- San Francisco (US)
- Tokyo (Japan)
- Beijing (China)
2. OYO with PhonePe
- OYO users can do bookings through the PhonePe app.
- PhonePe:- CEO – Sameer Nigam || OYO :- Founder and CEO: Ritesh Agarwal
3. New Academy Prize in Literature
- Maryse Conde was awarded New Academy Prize in Literature.
- An alternative award formed in protest to Nobel Literature Prize.
4. Global RTI rating
- India ranked at 6th position out of 123 countries from 2nd earlier.
- RTI rating is released by Access Info Europe and the Centre for Law and Democracy.
- Afghanistan topped the ranking
- In India , The survey was carried by Transparency International India.
1. 2018 Summer Youth Olympics
- India settled for silvers in men’s and women’s hockey after losing the Finals.
- The mascot ‘Pandi’ is a young Yaguareté (A southamerican animal, very similar to the Jaguar).
2. Odisha Men’s Hockey World Cup
- Turtle ‘Olly’ has been declared as official mascot for Men’s Hockey World Cup.
- ‘Olly’ Olive Ridley are endangered sea turtles usually arrive on Rushikulya and Gahirmatha beaches(Odisha) for their annual nesting.
3. Bajrang Punia at World Wrestling Championship
- Bajrang Punia has been seeded third rank(45 points) in the ranking by United World Wrestling.
- He has become first Indian to achieve this.
Try some Quiz Questions now: Current Affairs Quiz,1 October
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15